Mystery-Shack.com - A Gravity Falls Forum
Parallel Universes - Printable Version

+- Mystery-Shack.com - A Gravity Falls Forum (http://www.mystery-shack.com)
+-- Forum: Butt Island (http://www.mystery-shack.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Debate & Discussions (http://www.mystery-shack.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: Parallel Universes (/showthread.php?tid=5332)

Pages: 1 2

Parallel Universes - Scholar - 10-11-2015

In GF, there's mention of parallel universes, correct? Other dimensions and whatnot? Does anyone here believe in that sort of thing? I'm just starting to look deeper into it, so if anyone has any good resources for me to check out I'd be very grateful.

RE: Parallel Universes - MysterySeeker - 10-11-2015

I do believe that other dimensions exist, although thinking about it gives me a headache, so I usually dont do it often.

RE: Parallel Universes - Baron Num Nums - 10-11-2015

I do not. At least not like those in sci-fi.

I believe a parallel universe would have to be so drastically different it would look nothing like our own.

Basically everything is a chain of events all effecting each other, essentially meaning in the broad sense there's no such thing as chance or even free will in the strictest sense and therefore you wouldn't find a universe where for example...Hilter was never born. Because everything that happened before to have that change would have also been different.

RE: Parallel Universes - ThaShackCat - 10-11-2015

(10-11-2015, 11:30 PM)MysterySeeker Wrote: I do believe that other dimensions exist, although thinking about it gives me a headache, so I usually dont do it often.
Same here. I barely understand the concept of dimensions, and I don't think anybody's sure about the multi/ultra/mega/omni/whatever-verse. It's all rather confusing.

RE: Parallel Universes - Nefari - 10-11-2015

I firmly believe that we live in a multiverse.
The 10 dimensions theory is worth researching. There's a simple explanation of it here.

RE: Parallel Universes - Baron Num Nums - 10-11-2015

(10-11-2015, 11:44 PM)Abia Wrote: I firmly believe that we live in a multiverse.
The 10-dimensional/String theory is worth researching. There's a simple explanation of it here.

Ah yes, see this is what I'm taking about. I know a little about this and it seems a lot more reasonable to me. Anything touching upon alternate history I firmly stand against though.

RE: Parallel Universes - SirDip - 10-11-2015

(10-11-2015, 11:44 PM)ThaShackCat Wrote:
(10-11-2015, 11:30 PM)MysterySeeker Wrote: I do believe that other dimensions exist, although thinking about it gives me a headache, so I usually dont do it often.
Same here. I barely understand the concept of dimensions, and I don't think anybody's sure about the multi/ultra/mega/omni/whatever-verse. It's all rather confusing.

My opinion is basically this. The theory itself is too complex and complicated for me to form a precise opinion.

RE: Parallel Universes - Scholar - 10-18-2015

Thank you for responding! I can understand that this theory is a very complicated one, but that makes it all the more fun to try and figure it out!

RE: Parallel Universes - frozo - 04-21-2017

i've been thinking excessively about this topic lately, and i wonder if the mandela effect could be similar to the game telephone. overtime, generations of families hear/see a name or phrase differently; therefore they say it to others that same way. and even if it isn't entirely correct, we continue to grow up hearing and therefore believing it to be just that

RE: Parallel Universes - Zenith - 04-21-2017

Some believe the Mandela Effect is evidence of parallel realities. I never went deep into it, though. I think in its simplicity, they believe it as such because the altered concept of what they're remembering had to have come from somewhere. "Why do I remember it this way, when it clearly happened some other way? Am I re-living the memories of another reality? Wait...it was billions UPON billions?" Of course, I think it's simply just us remembering things wrong due to basic human error. Though, the mind is a curious and relatively unknown realm, despite what we have tried to do to fully understand it. There may be something there that we simply haven't realised yet, or may not ever realise.
I do, however, believe there can be multiple dimensions that contain alternate timelines. To an extent. The idea of a Multiverse mainly catches my interest from its more structural aspect. My brother on the other hand, stays solid to the concept of a singular universe. That only ours exists, and there is no reason to believe others can co-exist at one time. It's just sci-fi jargon. He was actually the one who briefly introduced me to the String Theory to begin with. Which led me to digging into the Multiverse. I can understand why he'd reject it though. In actuality, I'm divided between the belief of multiple vs. singular.
On one hand, multiple universes could explain quite a bit. It could tell us the reasoning behind the anomalies of our known universe, and just generally why and how our universe functions as a whole.
On the other, the notion of every possible string of every conceivable outcome happening all at once does sound a bit on the imaginative side. The very fabric of space and time just being one big multi-universal sandwich. Why waste time hypothesising a concept so vast, unknown, and almost idealistic, when you could study what the observable universe has already placed out for us? That's billions of years worth of discovery as it is.
But after all, science is a horizon to search for. Personally, I think it's interesting to learn what others have to say/believe in when it comes to this kind of stuff. Be it from the view of a conspiracy theorist, or a seasoned astrophysicist.