Mystery-Shack.com - A Gravity Falls Forum
OMG! Found the symbols on the rock where dipper drops candle in theme song. - Printable Version

+- Mystery-Shack.com - A Gravity Falls Forum (http://www.mystery-shack.com)
+-- Forum: Gravity Falls (http://www.mystery-shack.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Hidden puzzles (http://www.mystery-shack.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: OMG! Found the symbols on the rock where dipper drops candle in theme song. (/showthread.php?tid=6838)

OMG! Found the symbols on the rock where dipper drops candle in theme song. - EndermanNoob - 12-21-2016

I noticed after reading a book (I know, what a nerd) about Norse (viking) Mythology, the symbols on the rock in the theme song look like Norse runes. From top to bottom, they read: LDEEA. If you remove the repeating letters, so that it says LDEA, and move the L to the front, it reads DEAL. It makes perfect sense because you then see Dipper turn around to see 8-Ball's skeleton, and 8-ball is shown twice in The Last Mabelcorn, that makes him have more appearances before Weirdmaggedon than any of Bill's other henchmen. (Did that make sense)

RE: OMG! Found the symbols on the rock where dipper drops candle in theme song. - Baron Num Nums - 12-21-2016

Doesn't look like fans came to a satisfying conclusion for what they mean after all this time. This seems to be where they were at:

[Image: f836d309cd1adbe95cd88f5435fb4c4f.jpg]

Now I'm not knowledgable with runes but I thought I'd double check each:

-can't find this rune for '5'
-'Mannaz' (m) derived from the reconstructed Common Germanic word for "man"
-'Odal' (o) heritage; inheritance, inherited estate
-Ansuz (a) seems to be the conclusion drawn here however to me it doesn't look like it fits the shape with the two lines going at a 90 degree angle like a regular F

Think you could scan the page in your book and reference it? could be interesting.

RE: OMG! Found the symbols on the rock where dipper drops candle in theme song. - EndermanNoob - 12-21-2016

(12-21-2016, 11:32 AM)Baron Claus Wrote: Doesn't look like fans came to a satisfying conclusion for what they mean after all this time. This seems to be where they were at:

-Ansuz (a) seems to be the conclusion drawn here however to me it doesn't look like it fits the shape with the two lines going at a 90 degree angle like a regular F

Think you could scan the page in your book and reference it? could be interesting.

I didn't look for words, I just looked at the alphabet, and looked for the most simmilar runes. The F looking thing cound also be Fehu, meaning summer.

Just realized, it's highly unlikely, but the F might just stand for Ford, and have no relation to the symbols above it.

RE: OMG! Found the symbols on the rock where dipper drops candle in theme song. - Baron Num Nums - 12-21-2016

Yeah I thought referencing the meaning would help show where I'm looking. Interesting, it would fit nicely. Funny it's straight though. Just noticed the Mannaz is also off with a top.

5MOF? Hmmm...

RE: OMG! Found the symbols on the rock where dipper drops candle in theme song. - dipmabstafor22 - 09-24-2017

(12-21-2016, 05:29 PM)EndermanNoob Wrote:
(12-21-2016, 11:32 AM)Baron Claus Wrote: Doesn't look like fans came to a satisfying conclusion for what they mean after all this time. This seems to be where they were at:

I didn't look for words, I just looked at the alphabet, and looked for the most simmilar runes. The F looking thing cound also be Fehu, meaning summer.

Just realized, it's highly unlikely, but the F might just stand for Ford, and have no relation to the symbols above it.

The Summer one makes the most sense in my opinion