The Best and Worst Fandoms of the World
I'm still looking for a good fandom. Whining about all the crappy ones here is just going to create a new air of negativity - and probably will just piss people off. While I do love the GF fandom I see here at Mystery Shack, my experiences outside this website have soured me to this series as well.
On-and-off Gravity Falls fan, sort of
I haven't seen any Problem Solverz fandom, I assumed the show was nearly forgotten. I can't stand the Adventure Time fandom. All you see is people shipping characters and gross fanart. I would mention MLP fandom but there are too many fans here so I'll keep my mouth shut.

(07-07-2013, 02:18 AM)JVM Wrote: I'm still looking for a good fandom. Whining about all the crappy ones here is just going to create a new air of negativity - and probably will just piss people off. While I do love the GF fandom I see here at Mystery Shack, my experiences outside this website have soured me to this series as well.

If someone would get mad over what has been said in this forum, that person(s) is not very mature. I like Problem Solverz and it was talked about like trash but you don't see me getting angry about. These are TV shows that we did not create nor did we have a hand in creating. If you find yourself getting highly upset about someone disliking them, you need to take a step back and clam down.
Well, I think people are confusing bad shows for bad fandoms. There can be awesome shows with fandoms that are just awful, and the other way around, really horrid shows with really creative, awesome fandoms.

And as far as creativity, I have to give it to the friendship is magic fandom for having hours and hours of VERY GOOD content. Animated art, radio shows, original songs, analysis- it's awesome. And yes, I know, GF has these things too, but not in such vast amounts. Sure there are a few stinkers in the fandom but I think that, for the most part, they are a group of very cool people.

The gravity falls fandom is wonderful as well. The people there have a great sense of humor (lol, obviously!) and a lot of them are so gosh dern smart!

I haven't had experience with many bad fandoms, because I tend not to get involved in them. I don't always like to share my favorite media with others. I must say, though, that I like this fandom better than the Avatar: the Last Airbender one. Half the community was great and really got what the show is about, the half the community only wanted shipping. I remember the Kataang/Zutara wars. They were annoying. Why, I remember site that had a whole subforum devoted to different couples, with hundreds of posts on each thread, even crack ships like "Koh x human character" or something.
[Image: face1.jpg]
Check it out, Dipper, I just successfully bezazzled my face!
On the topic of "good show, bad fandom," I haven't had much experience with the Harry Potter fandom, but even I tell that it's basically a bad fanficiton magnet.

I think my favorite fandom is Doctor Who. I dunno why.
[Image: The_World_Ends_with_You_logo.gif]
DSSDUHQWOB WKHVH FRGHV DUH DOO WKH UDJH KHUH, EXW ZKDW LV HYHQ WKH SRLQW RI WKHP? FRXOGQ'W BRX MXVW SXW WKH QRQ-FRGH YHUVLRQ LQ BRXU VLJQDWXUH LQVWHDG? DQG, RK, WKHB'UH *FLSKHUV*, QRW FRGHV. FRGHV DUH ZRUG-IRU-ZRUG VXEVWLWXWLRQ, FBSKHUV DUH OHWWHU-IRU-OHWWHU VXEVWLWXWLRQV. MXVW ZDQWHG WR FOHDU VRPHWKLQJ XS.

WKH SRZHU LV BHW XQNQRZQ! KRZ GR BRX WBSH ZLWK ERALQJ JORYHV RQ?
I've some great art come from Adventure Time fans. Truly great pieces. Good fan base.

And to reiterate what I said earlier....90% of all Invader Zim art is anime style or not anime style shipping crap. It's disgusting. Bad fan base.

Now, to get away from cartoons....the Alien series has a decent fan base. They can get a little snarky when it comes to the later sequels, but for the most party, very intelligent. Hard core Predator fans on the other hand...yeesh.
I like the Gravity Falls fandom. Youse guise finds some awesome stuff about the show. :) I can watch it and find something new every time, and I can come here and find a whole new way to think about episodes and I just love that.

The worst fandom? Johnny Test. /shudders That show is BAD.
The worst fandom that actually exists? There's a LOT of ones I dislike, for me, but it's mostly just stuff tired of seeing around (like, uh... anything Stephen Moffat's written stuff for).
Hmm... If we can count internet shows, I think the Onision fandom is just disappointing. I can't understand how someone as callous, misinformed, self-interested, unfunny, hypocritical, cruel, and manipulative as him can get one million subscribers on Youtube. But I'm disgusted more with the person than the fandom. Admittedly, some just like his sense of humor and not touch his vlogs, where his real cruelty shows up, which is okay, I guess? It's better than ignoring his crazy callousness just because he's good-looking.
Still, the dude's just... a very, very bad person. That's putting it mildly.

I gotta agree with Decoderizer. Invader Zim was more than just GIR. And GIR had some funny jokes, but nobody remembers anything but him and what the other characters looked like, it seems. :/
Fire walk with me.
Also this:
[Image: tumblr_lrojz1LAcx1qh9y1k_zps19fc55d3.gif]
Dib was the best character in that whole show.
(07-23-2013, 11:15 AM)CelticPredator Wrote: Dib was the best character in that whole show.

Agreed. His overwrought hamminess in trying to oust Zim was the best.
Fire walk with me.
Also this:
[Image: tumblr_lrojz1LAcx1qh9y1k_zps19fc55d3.gif]
Best Fandoms out there imo are Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, and Avatar while worst fandoms imo would be MLP, Young Justice, and Teen Titans (though I love this series but the fans in this fandom just keep whining and complaining)
Firefly has the best fan base in the world.