Rate the Last Movie You Saw
Their's this movie called "Ratatoing", it's a little-know movie that's know for ripping off Disney's "Ratatouille". 1/10. It just plain sucked. That's all I need so say on the matter.
FUN IS ∞ WITH SEGA ENTERPRISES
To think, I almost respected you. Hahahaha @purplelemons
"Real Steel"
It's about robot boxing and Father-son relationships. It's pretty good: 9/10
[Image: http-_stuffmydogsays.tumblr.com_500.gif]
Brave 8/10- beautiful scenery, funny characters, but it was cheesey from time to time.
[Image: tumblr_inline_myi4zlz1vq1s0o6rj.jpg]
Evil Dead 2. 9/10 Sam Raimi is the man.
Just saw Hotel Transylvania. Actaully, not that bad of a movie, entertaining and fun with all the monster references, plus you'd expect at least SOMETHING decent from Genndy Tartakovsky, creator of Dexter's Laboratory, Samurai Jack, and Sym-Biotic Titan, as well as a writer for The Powerpuff Girls. Being his first theatrical-released movie, I was kind of worried how it would turn out, and while I admit, I won't blame anyone for not being immediately enthralled, I still think it's it's an entertaining movie with a sweet story about a father and his daughter...

And the father happens to be Dracula... Played by... Adam Sandler... Well, actually, Adam Sandler's Dracula is very good, quite convincing, in my humble opinion. His character is also sympathetic, yeah, most dads are overprotective of their daughters, but here you GET why he's so paranoid about the human world and WHY he wants to keep her safe. It's like Finding Nemo (which, incidentally, the 3D version was also playing in the theater my mom and I went to), only here it's more about Dracula keeping one big secret from both his daughter and everybody in Hotel Transylvania.

The animations style, I'll admit, I have mixed feelings about. I don't think it's bad, per se, but it definitely gives off that "zany" vibe you get from non-Pixar/Dreamworks movies like Ice Age, Despicable Me, or those Dr. Suess adaptations. That said, I can still see Genndy's style in terms of pyshical comedy and character movement through the CG, and while I do kind of like it, I get the feeling it might have been better if it was traditionally animated... Ironically, the beginning of the credits IS traditionally animated, with all the major characters drawn in Genndy's trademark style! I DID notice, though, that they move a lot slower in comparison to their CG counterparts... not that it matters, since it was only for the credits. Still, I loved it, and I actually applauded when Genndy's name came up (my mom stopped me because I was the only one in the theater to do so).

Some other highlights I'd like to mention are the Twilight reference, Uncle Frank (hard to say what I like about him, I just have a thing for big, friendly guys), and Quasimodo. I found that every scene with him was hilarious to some degree, even though I found it weird that he was considered a monster, even though he's technically a deformed human... But then again, he was supposed to have DIED in The Hunchback of Notre Dame, and besides, they even gave him a French accent, that's not usually something you see in depictions of him... or the depictions I've seen at least.

I don't want to oversell it, though, this movie is, at most, just a good movie and not much beyond that. Hard to say anything about the other characters other than they're okay and they get a good laugh every once in a while, since the focus is more on Dracula, Mavis, and Jonathan. Still, since this is October, and if you're looking for a good, fun movie with monsters in it, check it out.

I'd rate it... Eh... 3.5 our of 5 stars... Or 3.75 out of 5... Yeah, that seems about right.
Huh. I didn't know it was Genndy. The trailers looked hideous, and having the Sandler crew made it a surefire pass. But I might check it out when it hits Blu Ray.

Genndy needs to do Samurai Jack already.
I'm looking forward to watching Hotel Transylvania (PG-13 movies aren't really my type of thing, Avengers being an exception) and a Twilight reference? What was it? (Don't say it if it reveals some of the plot.)
[Image: Poye0.png]
^ HT is PG. Only thing I hate about PG-13 is PG-13 horror movies. They're the absolute worst. You get nothing out of them.
(09-29-2012, 03:51 AM)GFDecoded Wrote: I'm looking forward to watching Hotel Transylvania (PG-13 movies aren't really my type of thing, Avengers being an exception) and a Twilight reference? What was it? (Don't say it if it reveals some of the plot.)
It's not PG-13. In fact, the theater had several families with little kids in it.

The Twilight reference was pretty much a quick gag, the movie could have easily done without it, but I guess it was too tempting to pass up.

(09-29-2012, 03:33 AM)CelticPredator Wrote: Genndy needs to do Samurai Jack already.
I heard he's been trying, but you knows, Cartoon Network's giving him a hard time.