Rate the Last Movie You Saw
(09-29-2012, 09:42 PM)WaxMatt202 Wrote:
(09-29-2012, 03:51 AM)GFDecoded Wrote: I'm looking forward to watching Hotel Transylvania (PG-13 movies aren't really my type of thing, Avengers being an exception) and a Twilight reference? What was it? (Don't say it if it reveals some of the plot.)
It's not PG-13. In fact, the theater had several families with little kids in it.

I didn't say it was PG-13, I was saying I don't really like PG-13 movies that much.
[Image: Poye0.png]
He needs to tell CN that they have enough money. And make the thing already.
Hotel Transylvania. That movie was real good, as it provided good writing and it had tender father-daughter moments and is about a dad who worries about her daughter's freedom out in the world cause it is dangerous there, but then in the end he truly accepts his daughter's freedom and let's her live her life with Jonathan.

But even though it had pop-culture references here and there, it was worth the wait. 8.7/10
[Image: pitfall_avgn_by_frankrt-d5ezowg.gif]
Pop culture references? Aside from the Twilight joke, I honestly don't remember any pop culture references in the movie. Maybe everything else was so good I just didn't notice them, or maybe they, UNLIKE the Epic Movies or certain internet reviewers, actually make sense in context and are not relying on the audience having heard of said pop culture reference to be funny.
Traning Day (2001)

Pretty good movie, and I'm a sucker for a good Crime Drama.

7/10.

Duck Soup (1933)

Quite possibly the funniest movie I've ever seen, slightly better than The Holy Grail and definitley just as funny.

9/10
Hotel T. Good movie, lots of of funny parts. Even made fun of Twilight. Enjoyed the classic animation at the end. That's Genndy's animation, right? I barley ever watched PPGs, it was never played in my generation.
[Image: tumblr_inline_myi4zlz1vq1s0o6rj.jpg]
(10-14-2012, 10:49 PM)seattledetroit Wrote: Hotel T. Good movie, lots of of funny parts. Even made fun of Twilight. Enjoyed the classic animation at the end. That's Genndy's animation, right? I barley ever watched PPGs, it was never played in my generation.
It was indeed. Also, Genndy may have written for PPG (I think) and was a close friend of the show's creator, Craig McCracken, but Genndy himself created Dexter's Laboratory and Samurai Jack. He also created Sym-Biotic Titan and was the showrunner for the 2D Star Wars: The Clone Wars mini-series.
Just watched Jaws, on Blu Ray. Still one of the greatest movies of all time. Stands up pretty well too. Great direction by Spielberg, fantastic acting by Shaw, Shinder, and Dryfus.

"Show me the way to go home, i'm tired and I want to go to bed!"
(10-15-2012, 02:12 AM)WaxMatt202 Wrote:
(10-14-2012, 10:49 PM)seattledetroit Wrote: Hotel T. Good movie, lots of of funny parts. Even made fun of Twilight. Enjoyed the classic animation at the end. That's Genndy's animation, right? I barley ever watched PPGs, it was never played in my generation.
It was indeed. Also, Genndy may have written for PPG (I think) and was a close friend of the show's creator, Craig McCracken, but Genndy himself created Dexter's Laboratory and Samurai Jack. He also created Sym-Biotic Titan and was the showrunner for the 2D Star Wars: The Clone Wars mini-series.
ERMAHGERD I WUVED THE CLONE WARS SHOW
[Image: tumblr_inline_myi4zlz1vq1s0o6rj.jpg]
Yaaaaay, a film review thread!

Pitch Perfect: 7/10. I really enjoyed it, despite the flaws, it was a good laugh with some memorable quotes and it was very entertaining. I can see it becoming one of those movies that teenage girls would quote for years, like Mean Girls.
wkh eudyhu brx duh, wkh pruh brx'oo vhh
[Image: coralineI.jpg]
tumblr | twitter | deviantART | youtube