PLEASE READ: Forum Rules
(11-06-2012, 03:35 AM)toadfan64 Wrote:
(11-05-2012, 03:09 PM)GFDecoded Wrote:
(11-05-2012, 10:19 AM)toadfan64 Wrote: At least it's less strict than Gamefaqs. I can't tell you how ridiculous it is on that site sometimes.

I wanna know, I wanna know!

Well one example I can give was there was some thread about something asian and in a joking manor I posted something like ching chong ping pong and I got heavily modded for that. Many people can't take jokes there.

I know! I made a post with some verses from the bible one time and I was almost temporarily banned. No religion at all was allowed on it.
-@(O.e)@
---/(())7
----/.\
This is my pet monkey, Simea. If you would like to play with her, message me and you'll be given credit in my profile!
(11-06-2012, 03:42 AM)LocoBnana Wrote:
(11-06-2012, 03:35 AM)toadfan64 Wrote:
(11-05-2012, 10:19 AM)toadfan64 Wrote: At least it's less strict than Gamefaqs. I can't tell you how ridiculous it is on that site sometimes.

Well one example I can give was there was some thread about something asian and in a joking manor I posted something like ching chong ping pong and I got heavily modded for that. Many people can't take jokes there.

I know! I made a post with some verses from the bible one time and I was almost temporarily banned. No religion at all was allowed on it.
That's messed up
Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate.
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer’s lease hath all too short a date.
William Shakespeare
I added the following to content rules:

"Political discussions should only be held in the dedicated thread in the Random Stuff section,, to avoid political discussions in threads they don't belong to. To avoid these discussions, ignore said thread."
I don't see any "No Bumping" on these rules so I'll just go ahead and post if that's okay.

Are these really rules or just general guidelines?
I just made my intro thread and titled it with a "Hi," will that be an infraction? Also, if I type in all caps, not use a period, interchange "your" and "you're," use two exclamation marks and 3 smileys in one post, and put my entire biography in a spoiler in my signature will I get a warning?

Also, with all due respect, I find the following rules ridiculous.

I think I should have the freedom to use XxX_69DARK0_0NARUTO0_0DARK96_XxX as my name. Usernames are supposed to express myself in the forum.
An intro thread is meant to be a thread saying "hi, i am here." So no, titling it "hi" is no violation.

Noone gets warnings for typos or small grammar mistakes, that should be clear by just taking a look around the forums.

Only if most posts by one person are very difficult to read and understand, flooded with smileys or all in caps, yes, they will get a message telling them to be more considerate towards the members trying to read them. It's more like a gentle nudge than a warning - an actual warning will occur if nothing changes after that.

If you bother to look around here a bit, you'll see it isn't as strict as the rules say. Most if these rules are just common sense.

The signature rule sounds a bit weird reading it now. Actually, I'm not sure I remember writing it. I'll re-phrase it soon. It simply shouldn't be too large and shouldn't contain forbidden content.

Names like that are horrible to read and adress people with. I haven't really seen anyone using them yet, though. But yes, I will ask to choose something more readable if I see it. Especially as long as not so many names are already taken.

The name length has a max of 20 characters because otherwise the forum layout is stretched and breaks.

____

Otherwise, please take into account that this is the first larger forum we've made and the first rules we've constructed, before the website was open to registration of members, so we hadn't tested them, but both of us are members and (former)moderators in a huge forum in which these rules have worked pwonders in.
So basically, those are guidelines?

Also, if I understood correctly, I can curse as long as it is to a minimum?
Probably shouldn't curse at all.
[Image: portal-2-spaace-o.gif]

My Montsborough Character (Click to View)
I shouldn't, but that doesn't mean I cant.

Censoring on the internet is like telling your kids not to talk to strangers then leave them alone in a crowd full of people.
You can, but don't insult other member on here and don't go overboard.
Yes, some of these are guidelines. But some are strict rules.

Like the signature size, RATTAN. It's too high!
(11-05-2012, 11:04 PM)LocoBnana Wrote:

My first forum was an Animal Crossing forum. that place was strict. There were no custom avatars, signature space was only two lines of 75, no cursing at all was allowed, and even phrases like "crap" had filters on them. An over access of markup could result in a temporary ban. All roleplays had to happen in private threads, and even then, no romance at all was allowed. Not even holding hands.

So yeah, this is pretty dang laid back. Oh yeah, "dang" had a filter on it too.
Another forum I go on, you can get a 20% warning for calling someone a fruitcake. It happened. They also have filters for crap, stupid, dumb, jerk and all that jazz.
I'm no good at sports, so to me, my greatest achievement was first Manotaur. ;n;