Who Didn't Write the Journals
I thought I made this thread a while back, but it turns out I decided not to. Basically, the idea is that, instead of trying to figure out who wrote the journals, it might be easier to figure out who didn't and eliminate them individually.

Here are the characters I've heard proposed as the author:
  • McGucket
  • Stanford
  • Stanley
  • Future Dipper
  • Bill
  • Not-Yet-Revealed Character

Obviously, we can't prove the last one wrong until we get official confirmation that somebody from Season 1 wrote the journals. Also, if there are other suggested authors (which I'm sure there are), go ahead and say who.

Otherwise, let's start the trial.
Climb the steps before they're built, and walk through doors that don't have rooms. Know the unknown and find the nonexistent.

Here's to finding the blueprints before the building is done. We are the Unexplorers.
I seriously doubt it's Bill, since it gives how to try to stop him and says not to summon him when he was glad to be back.
Part of the Stanley evidence is the glasses being his symbol, and I'd think the hand would be a lot better for the author. There are some exclamation points at the glasses in 2, but I think that points more to Stanley having the book at some point rather than writing it. There's no reaction to the hand, and I'd think someone writing a series of books about paranormal secrets with that symbol on all three that they wanted to hide would be a little more concerned with that than a pair of glasses.
Stanford wanted the books together for some reason, but Gideon said the author split them up because of a great secret. If the portal is the same reason, then Stan's had a pretty big decision change, and if it's not, Stan either doesn't know or doesn't care about the big secret. Plus, he could have gone and gotten 3, he would have known where it was hidden, and he sounded like he wanted the books together for a while.
(07-07-2014, 07:13 PM)Floating Eyeball Wrote: Part of the Stanley evidence is the glasses being his symbol, and I'd think the hand would be a lot better for the author. There are some exclamation points at the glasses in 2, but I think that points more to Stanley having the book at some point rather than writing it. There's no reaction to the hand, and I'd think someone writing a series of books about paranormal secrets with that symbol on all three that they wanted to hide would be a little more concerned with that than a pair of glasses.

The evidence you've stated is exactly what convinced me that neither Stan nor Bill wrote the Journal. Although I naturally want to assume each person has only one symbol, I'm making myself include people on the wheel in my personal list of candidates. That's why I'm glad you gave more evidence that Stanley didn't write it.

On the subject of future Dipper or alternate reality Dipper, all I can say is that his handwriting is much different than the handwriting in the journals. That's not enough to 100% convince me, but they're not at the top of my list.
Climb the steps before they're built, and walk through doors that don't have rooms. Know the unknown and find the nonexistent.

Here's to finding the blueprints before the building is done. We are the Unexplorers.
(07-07-2014, 09:17 PM)acidrunner1 Wrote:
(07-07-2014, 07:13 PM)Floating Eyeball Wrote: Part of the Stanley evidence is the glasses being his symbol, and I'd think the hand would be a lot better for the author. There are some exclamation points at the glasses in 2, but I think that points more to Stanley having the book at some point rather than writing it. There's no reaction to the hand, and I'd think someone writing a series of books about paranormal secrets with that symbol on all three that they wanted to hide would be a little more concerned with that than a pair of glasses.

The evidence you've stated is exactly what convinced me that neither Stan nor Bill wrote the Journal. Although I naturally want to assume each person has only one symbol, I'm making myself include people on the wheel in my personal list of candidates. That's why I'm glad you gave more evidence that Stanley didn't write it.

On the subject of future Dipper or alternate reality Dipper, all I can say is that his handwriting is much different than the handwriting in the journals. That's not enough to 100% convince me, but they're not at the top of my list.
What I think is that the writer simply either has a strong relationship that nobody remembers with everybody on the wheel or is related to them. Probably strong relationship.
Is it just me, or is a Nightfury bred to be cute in the How to Train Your Dragon movies?Tounge

Dangit my sound isnt working again!Mad

Angel

Well.... Mcgucket has met Mabel, DIpper, Soos, Stan and Gideon. At least, those are the ones i can remember.
oh funk gotta dronk my honk
(07-07-2014, 10:34 PM)MysterySeeker Wrote: Well.... Mcgucket has met Mabel, DIpper, Soos, Stan and Gideon. At least, those are the ones i can remember.

But you see, a bunch of people have NEVER EVER seen Stanley....... It's somebody else..... They arent visible on the chart, but if you loook hard, you may see their column hidden behind either Stanford or Stanley's symbol...... VERY hard.....
Is it just me, or is a Nightfury bred to be cute in the How to Train Your Dragon movies?Tounge

Dangit my sound isnt working again!Mad

Angel

We don't actually know that nobody's seen Stanley, we just haven't seen him in the show besides the snowy shack. I'm not sure what you mean by 'see their column'.
I think if the author knows everybody on the wheel that they'd put a note of who was connected, it seemed like it was mostly a mystery to them.
I never said that Stanley was the Author. I hinted that Mcgucket maybe be the author.
oh funk gotta dronk my honk
Although I'm not ruling him out by any means, I would like to present some evidence against the fact that McGucket was the author. I know it's not proof, just evidence:

The journals show a six-fingered hand. If we look at the hand as a handprint, then we can see the hand is a left hand. However, the leaked photo showed McGucket's right hand to have six fingers. Also, youtuber Douglas Mackrell has put together a video addressing this which questions the validity of the photo. The relevant info starts at 8:15 here -[url=Although I'm not ruling him out by any means, I would like to present some evidence against the fact that McGucket was the author. I know it's not proof, just evidence: The journals show a six-fingered hand. If we look at the hand as a handprint, then we can see the hand is a left hand. However, the leaked photo showed McGucket's right hand to have six fingers. Also, youtuber Douglas Mackrell has put together a video addressing this which questions the validity of the photo. The relevant info starts at 8:15 here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHfM_Nxn...HfM_Nxn8Yo.[/url].

Again, I'm not saying this proves McGucket isn't the author, just that the picture isn't very good evidence.

GFCipher (or TMOGF) had a few points on the image here. The point that it's too centered is due to the fact that the original is cropped, I think:
[Image: m2r4hle.jpg]