Poll: Will Dipper's name ever be revealed?
This poll is closed.
Yes
39.53%
17 39.53%
No
27.91%
12 27.91%
Other/maybe
32.56%
14 32.56%
Total 43 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Dipper's Real Name
(11-02-2012, 09:23 PM)Sunrises Wrote: If Dipper is just a nickname, I doubt we'll ever learn his real one. I'tll be like Sophie from Leverage: has a real name, we never learn it on-screen. It'll just make things confusing.

However, I do get the feeling Dipper is a nickname, but I have no idea what his real name is. D is a good start (Literally! *Soda Swig*), but beyond that, who knows? Maybe if someone knew what language Mabel was from, that might help. I've heard some people say the Pines are Jewish, but does anyone else think that makes sense?

Mabel \m(a)-bel\ as a girl's name is pronounced MAY-bel. It is of English origin, and the meaning of Mabel is "lovable". Short form of Amabel (Latin) "lovable".
Read more at http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/0/...ZmE3kbS.99

Her name's meaning fits her. :D

Anyways, Mabel is English. Stanford (Stan) is of Old English origin. Sooooo...I guess the Pines have English names?
(11-02-2012, 10:50 PM)Caesar Cipher Wrote:
(11-02-2012, 09:23 PM)Sunrises Wrote: If Dipper is just a nickname, I doubt we'll ever learn his real one. I'tll be like Sophie from Leverage: has a real name, we never learn it on-screen. It'll just make things confusing.

However, I do get the feeling Dipper is a nickname, but I have no idea what his real name is. D is a good start (Literally! *Soda Swig*), but beyond that, who knows? Maybe if someone knew what language Mabel was from, that might help. I've heard some people say the Pines are Jewish, but does anyone else think that makes sense?

Mabel \m(a)-bel\ as a girl's name is pronounced MAY-bel. It is of English origin, and the meaning of Mabel is "lovable". Short form of Amabel (Latin) "lovable".
Read more at http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/0/...ZmE3kbS.99

Her name's meaning fits her. :D

Anyways, Mabel is English. Stanford (Stan) is of Old English origin. Sooooo...I guess the Pines have English names?

This makes sense. I can see them being of English origin.

Maybe his real name is a gag, like some sort of tip of the hat to-

HIS REAL NAME IS DISNEY! That has to be it! =D =D =D
-@(O.e)@
---/(())7
----/.\
This is my pet monkey, Simea. If you would like to play with her, message me and you'll be given credit in my profile!
When Dipper was called Roderick by Quentin, which Im pretty sure means they're going to be throwing names in all over the place to make us confused.
I'm no good at sports, so to me, my greatest achievement was first Manotaur. ;n;
(11-03-2012, 01:03 AM)ZeroGravityFalls Wrote: When Dipper was called Roderick by Quentin, which Im pretty sure means they're going to be throwing names in all over the place to make us confused.

I agree with this statement. Alex Hirsch is playing with us like cats play with mice.
-@(O.e)@
---/(())7
----/.\
This is my pet monkey, Simea. If you would like to play with her, message me and you'll be given credit in my profile!
Welp, my best guesses for Dipper's name are:

-Stanford/Stanley (would really confuse the heck out of us due to the "Stan is not what he seems" bit in the intro pyramid picture)

-Roderick (Quentin Trembley may have been right) Roderick means "famous power" and is Germanic.

-Calvin (would make for great Calvin Klein/Calvin Pines jokes. Someone on Michael Rianda's reddit page mentioned this one and I thought it fit, so, yeah) It means "little bald one", apparently, in French.

Interestingly enough, I was lurking on Michael Rianda's reddit page once again the other day, and someone asked this:

"MackieMouse 20 points 1 month ago

Does Dipper have an actual first name? If so, what is it...and if you can't answer that question, will we ever find out?"

Michael answered:

"First question. He does. And maybe."

So, coming from him, I guess we can confirm that Dipper really IS a nickname, and not his first real name. And.....that we may or may not find out what it really is. I hope we do. Just because I'm assuming it'll be an embarrassing name and we'll probably get some lols from it. :D
(11-03-2012, 03:23 AM)Caesar Cipher Wrote: Welp, my best guesses for Dipper's name are:

-Stanford/Stanley (would really confuse the heck out of us due to the "Stan is not what he seems" bit in the intro pyramid picture)

-Roderick (Quentin Trembley may have been right) Roderick means "famous power" and is Germanic.

-Calvin (would make for great Calvin Klein/Calvin Pines jokes. Someone on Michael Rianda's reddit page mentioned this one and I thought it fit, so, yeah) It means "little bald one", apparently, in French.

Interestingly enough, I was lurking on Michael Rianda's reddit page once again the other day, and someone asked this:

"MackieMouse 20 points 1 month ago

Does Dipper have an actual first name? If so, what is it...and if you can't answer that question, will we ever find out?"

Michael answered:

"First question. He does. And maybe."

So, coming from him, I guess we can confirm that Dipper really IS a nickname, and not his first real name. And.....that we may or may not find out what it really is. I hope we do. Just because I'm assuming it'll be an embarrassing name and we'll probably get some lols from it. :D

Like... Fredrick, maybe?
-@(O.e)@
---/(())7
----/.\
(11-03-2012, 03:26 AM)LocoBnana Wrote: Like... Fredrick, maybe?

[Image: freddiedipper.png]

Hmmm, how about we call him Freddie, for short? ;)

/photoshopped this picture just for this post, lol
Dipper has no first name. We could guess every first name that ever exists, and even make up our own but Alex Hirsch will keep on telling us we're wrong. Dipper is just a placeholder, maybe?
I'm no good at sports, so to me, my greatest achievement was first Manotaur. ;n;
Perhaps, perhaps. But the birthmark demands my attention.
-@(O.e)@
---/(())7
----/.\
(11-03-2012, 04:25 AM)LocoBnana Wrote: Perhaps, perhaps. But the birthmark demands my attention.

Oh yeah forgot about that. The whole birthmark thing throws off the whole "place holder" theory.