The Wondrous and Magical Hamsteaks (Let me tell you about Homestuck)
mistiry
explain the horns
I can't
[Image: Poye0.png]
Isn't Homestuck that one animated show everybody geeks out over?

Brony Since September 11th, 2011.
Gravity Falls Lover since June 29th, 2012.
(01-02-2013, 08:17 PM)Calirolls Wrote: Isn't Homestuck that one animated show everybody geeks out over?
Apparently it's a comic. I still don't and will never understand it.
[Image: tumblr_inline_myi4zlz1vq1s0o6rj.jpg]
(01-01-2013, 10:20 PM)GFDecoded Wrote: mistiry
explain the horns
I can't

The horns? You mean troll horns? They're aliens. Each troll has horns and it seems to be related to their blood color, which I can't explain past a societal purpose. The Trolls have a really messed up culture that basically does the Hunger Games to babies to make sure that only the strong survive, and they don't really think of killing as something wrong. Regardless most of the trolls we follow are genuinely nicer than the rest of their kind - even Vriska, who has done a lot of terrible things, seems nicer than the Condesce, who is the empress of Alternia, the Trolls' planet. It is possible that the horns are a visual indicator of blood color allowing for others to immediately identify the caste they are put into - notably, blood color also has a large impact on Troll life and culture including:
  • Life span
  • Role in society
  • Importance (Red, the lowest color, is not very important while tyrian purple, the highest color, is for royalty)
  • How much of the law applies to you (yes, they have laws)

Regardless Trolls have a complex way of having "love" - there are four quadrants represented by the suits in decks of cards. Each quadrant is two-way except for Auspisitices, meaning if say Nepeta is Moirails with Equius, this means that Equius is thus Moirails with Nepeta. Matesprites and Kismesis are also on this two-way basis and one person cannot have two Moirails, Kismesis, or Matesprites. Matesprites are lovers, people who love each other and is akin to marriage. They're required, along with Kismesis, in order to reproduce. The red quadrant, as they call it, is represented by a heart. Moirails are guardians - Moirails protect each other and calm each other down when they are angry. It's sort of like best friends. In a way, Moiraillegiance is an important part of troll culture due to the fact that the dangerous trolls may sometimes have anger issues which their Moirail would relieve. This quadrant is called the pale quadrant, and is represented by a diamond.

Then there are the hate quadrants. Blackrom, or Kismesmitude, is a love-hate relationship. I don't mean one side hates and the other loves, I mean both sides hate each other on a level akin to love. Thus, it's best summed up with "I love you out of hate". As stated before, Kismesis are required for reproduction. A Kismesis is not one who would harm their other in any significant way but would pull little pranks - in a way, they're rivals. Sort of like Pokemon - your rival is a jerk but that's about as far as he/she goes. The caliginous quadrant is represented with a spade. Auspisticism is three-way but the Auspisitice is different! An Auspisitice is essentially supposed to make sure Kismesis STAY Kismesis - staying only on a rival level and not straying into killing each other. The ashen quadrant is represented by a club and is all about keeping a relationship steady!

One last thing about troll culture is the hemospectrum. It is basically the color spectrum, but blood colors. It goes Red-Candy Red-Bronze-Yellow-Lime-Olive-Jade-Teal-Cerulean-Indigo-Purple-Violet-Fuschia. Something to note is that Candy Red is a mutant color - only Karkat, Kankri, and the Signless/Sufferer has had it from what we know. Also, we never see a Limeblood, anywhere!

Well, that's the Trolls. Now you get the horns, I assume - they're just another thing about them that's different from us.

That is a lengthy explanation, this goes on Tumblr.
I am Mabel. Mabel is me. Dipper is also me. And Soos. A bit of Wendy, too.
Actually, everyone in this show is sorta like me.

I write A Book Called 3 which is a tumblr fic thingy that's about the guy that wrote the books.
NEWEST ENTRY: Lyl's Diary #11.

(01-02-2013, 11:14 PM)Mistiry Shak Wrote:
(01-01-2013, 10:20 PM)GFDecoded Wrote: mistiry
explain the horns
I can't

The horns? You mean troll horns? They're aliens. Each troll has horns and it seems to be related to their blood color, which I can't explain past a societal purpose. The Trolls have a really messed up culture that basically does the Hunger Games to babies to make sure that only the strong survive, and they don't really think of killing as something wrong. Regardless most of the trolls we follow are genuinely nicer than the rest of their kind - even Vriska, who has done a lot of terrible things, seems nicer than the Condesce, who is the empress of Alternia, the Trolls' planet. It is possible that the horns are a visual indicator of blood color allowing for others to immediately identify the caste they are put into - notably, blood color also has a large impact on Troll life and culture including:
  • Life span
  • Role in society
  • Importance (Red, the lowest color, is not very important while tyrian purple, the highest color, is for royalty)
  • How much of the law applies to you (yes, they have laws)

Regardless Trolls have a complex way of having "love" - there are four quadrants represented by the suits in decks of cards. Each quadrant is two-way except for Auspisitices, meaning if say Nepeta is Moirails with Equius, this means that Equius is thus Moirails with Nepeta. Matesprites and Kismesis are also on this two-way basis and one person cannot have two Moirails, Kismesis, or Matesprites. Matesprites are lovers, people who love each other and is akin to marriage. They're required, along with Kismesis, in order to reproduce. The red quadrant, as they call it, is represented by a heart. Moirails are guardians - Moirails protect each other and calm each other down when they are angry. It's sort of like best friends. In a way, Moiraillegiance is an important part of troll culture due to the fact that the dangerous trolls may sometimes have anger issues which their Moirail would relieve. This quadrant is called the pale quadrant, and is represented by a diamond.

Then there are the hate quadrants. Blackrom, or Kismesmitude, is a love-hate relationship. I don't mean one side hates and the other loves, I mean both sides hate each other on a level akin to love. Thus, it's best summed up with "I love you out of hate". As stated before, Kismesis are required for reproduction. A Kismesis is not one who would harm their other in any significant way but would pull little pranks - in a way, they're rivals. Sort of like Pokemon - your rival is a jerk but that's about as far as he/she goes. The caliginous quadrant is represented with a spade. Auspisticism is three-way but the Auspisitice is different! An Auspisitice is essentially supposed to make sure Kismesis STAY Kismesis - staying only on a rival level and not straying into killing each other. The ashen quadrant is represented by a club and is all about keeping a relationship steady!

One last thing about troll culture is the hemospectrum. It is basically the color spectrum, but blood colors. It goes Red-Candy Red-Bronze-Yellow-Lime-Olive-Jade-Teal-Cerulean-Indigo-Purple-Violet-Fuschia. Something to note is that Candy Red is a mutant color - only Karkat, Kankri, and the Signless/Sufferer has had it from what we know. Also, we never see a Limeblood, anywhere!

Well, that's the Trolls. Now you get the horns, I assume - they're just another thing about them that's different from us.

That is a lengthy explanation, this goes on Tumblr.
that was not what I expected
[Image: tumblr_mc7t5tn6VF1rghkxeo1_500.gif]
[Image: Poye0.png]
Well, erm, Homestuck is very deep. I personally believe Trolls are an allegory for overcoming racism and such, what with their blood color being the sole factor in whether or not they actually get treated well.

EDIT: You know what, why not. Ask me about anything Homestuck, I dare you.

I'll tell you all I know.
I am Mabel. Mabel is me. Dipper is also me. And Soos. A bit of Wendy, too.
Actually, everyone in this show is sorta like me.

I write A Book Called 3 which is a tumblr fic thingy that's about the guy that wrote the books.
NEWEST ENTRY: Lyl's Diary #11.

I started reading Homestuck awhile back.

I like it. I need to read moooore of it.
[Image: tumblr_m9dztw3CbI1qa2gm6o2_500.gif]

Keeping the following: Bill's Cane, the soda machine, and Wendy's hat.
I need to read this thing because

1) My friend keeps obsessing over it and I want to understand her
2) I am literally in like 4 fandoms
3) It seems like my type of webcomic
"I wear fezzes now, fezzes are cool." --The Doctor
So you're saying that The Doctor is Grunkle Stan...?
I'm hooked on this comic. Love every character, especially Dave and Vriska.

Update: I was lurking around MSPA Forums and when my mom saw the website, she told me to stop reading because she thinks the trolls represent and resemble Satan and that I'm allowing that stuff in my soul. I tried to tell her otherwise, but she didn't buy it.
19-23-5-5-20 4-18-5-1-13-19 1-18-5 13-1-4-5 15-6 20-8-9-19
How about the green mother $@%&+/" sun. And the midnight crew. Tell them, mistiry, about bec, and doc scratch. Tell theeeeeeeeem. Its so cooooool.

Bluh Bluh
HUGE WITCH
Another Yung Venuz, from Abia (Click to View)
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1623]