Godzilla/Kaiju in General
(10-10-2015, 04:18 PM)Sir Dippingsauce Wrote: Gareth Edwards said in an interview once that if he ever made a sequel, it would be like Destroy All Monsters.

Yeah, that freaking epic. 8D

So want to see that.
But I wonder how properly it will be done, since doing any Destroy All Monsters set up means you have to give equal focus to all the Kaiju in it.

If he's going mostly classic, I can foresee Gorosaurus, Minilla, Kumonga, Manda, and Varan not making a full appearance. They might have references to them, but they won't be in the movie

It will probably stick to Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, King Gidorah, and Anguirus. With some new Kaiju thrown in.
Edit: Also, Mothra, Rodan, and King Gidorah are confirmed to show up in Godzilla 2 (2018). I'm crossing my fingers on Anguirus, cause he's one of my favorites.

But I also really love some of the other Kaiju that don't get a lot of appearances. Such as:
Biollante
King Caesar
Titanosaurus

I used to get the G-Fan magazine issues around the early to mid 90's. They were great, showed all kinds of behind the scenes stuff and other fun things.

And I remember that the 1998 Godzilla film was originally supposed to come out in 1994. It was going to be "Godzilla vs. the Gryphon".

Here's what one of the "Probe-Bats'" was supposed to look like from Stan Winston Studios:
[Image: Concept12.jpg]

Yeah, the Gryphon Kaiju was a combination of desert animals. So part bat, rattlesnake and mountain lion. And went through various "stages".

Don't show a hyena how well you can bite.--Mandi proverb

Join in the Christmas spirit in the Mystery Shack's Official Secret Santa thread!
Anguirus has a strong following of fans I gather so I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up. The others? Maybe not but you never know.

I really did like Biolante, she had such a fantastic look and the movie was fun but I think that's just it, she works so well as a stand-alone.
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
Oh, do I remember the Godzilla 1994 project. He would have gotten a better Godzilla movie out of it than Godzilla 1998 (and I like that movie, to be honest).

I'm crossing my fingers that the Gryphon gets used in a future installment.
“Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending.” ― C. JoyBell C.
[Image: Sig.gif]
^It does look pretty cool...excellent design.
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
[Image: GRYPHONview-1.jpg]
Please don't let this design go to waste.
“Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending.” ― C. JoyBell C.
lol, it really does look more like a Chimera XD

What is that from?
From the movie's graphic novel, I think. A lot of cool illustrations pop up if you look for it.
[Image: tumblr_nrghmijC4c1rv5m0eo1_1280.jpg]

Well, well, well, well, well, well, well, well, well, well, well!
She has become Death, the destroyer of worlds.
This sweater is in my top ten now...