Invader Zim
Seriously, this isn't here yet??
This was probably hands down the darkest show on Nickelodeon in the 90s, up there with Ren & Stimpy (which also looks like it isn't on here yet, probably for the best as that show got dirty quick)

I own the original DVDs of this show and I have to say, I love what they did. I love those things on DVDs where they have the audio placed over the complete storyboard (or animatic) of an episode, Gravity Falls should do it some time.

I heard the creator of this show made another Disney xD show called Randy Cunningham something something ninja.. I never really gave it a chance, but I could tell it was his work by the art style of 'Randy'

So do any of you guys like this one?
NEW image in production
I'm keeping: Stan's Fez, F's Laptop, Pacifica's Dog, and ☆Bill's Top Hat☆

I am pretty sure Invader Zim wasnt 90s anymore, it was in the beginning of the 2000s.

I never really liked it, i just found it boring.
oh funk gotta dronk my honk
Hahaha. I love this show. I'm so sad it ended early. :c
And as the world comes to an end... I'll be here to hold your hand, 'cause you're my king and I'm your lionheart. A lionheart.

[Image: 11lslna.jpg]
(08-17-2014, 12:35 PM)MysterySeeker Wrote: I am pretty sure Invader Zim wasnt 90s anymore, it was in the beginning of the 2000s.

Actually you're right about the 2000s
Do you recall what episodes you saw that made you think it was boring?
NEW image in production

I remember watching that show when it was premiered, and seeing a few of the subsequent episodes. My parents forbade me to watch it, deeming it inappropriate.

I've rewatched the series a couple of times over the years. I enjoyed it as a teenager, finding the dark absurdity and it's cynical tone really funny.

I still think it's a pretty good show, but a little too mean-spirited for my tastes, and I find GIR to be annoying and Gaz to be too one-dimensional. ZIM himself though is just such an excellent ham though, and he's always a delight to listen to.
HTEPBPMSA HLW DVWGORYS: SLJA E JHU AYO GWJI UHLWZKAIR!

i like cupcakes oohh yes i do

Keeping Sev'ral Timez embryo tube, Dipper's reverend costume, and Bill Cipher's page in Journal 2.

[Image: P6KrxOaATLr74xr5QNL8]
(08-17-2014, 06:07 PM)elord Wrote: My parents forbade me to watch it, deeming it inappropriate.

I watched it over at my grandma's one time and she thought it was a show about bullying(?)

Quote:a little too mean-spirited for my tastes, and I find GIR to be annoying and Gaz to be too one-dimensional. ZIM himself though is just such an excellent ham though, and he's always a delight to listen to

I completely agree.
If there was one episode I loved the most was the Backseat Drivers from Beyond the Stars. It was the closet thing we got to a movie, and it was really cool how the CGI moments happened (which happen in every episode, but this episode had it good)
NEW image in production

(08-17-2014, 06:10 PM)TheDocofEternal Wrote: I completely agree.
If there was one episode I loved the most was the Backseat Drivers from Beyond the Stars. It was the closet thing we got to a movie, and it was really cool how the CGI moments happened (which happen in every episode, but this episode had it good)

Oh yeah, I remember that one. Honestly, I think the thing I liked most about it was the Fargo dynamic between the two planet snatchers. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you should go watch the film Fargo, it's great.
HTEPBPMSA HLW DVWGORYS: SLJA E JHU AYO GWJI UHLWZKAIR!

i like cupcakes oohh yes i do

Keeping Sev'ral Timez embryo tube, Dipper's reverend costume, and Bill Cipher's page in Journal 2.

[Image: P6KrxOaATLr74xr5QNL8]
(08-17-2014, 06:19 PM)elord Wrote:
(08-17-2014, 06:10 PM)TheDocofEternal Wrote: I completely agree.

Oh yeah, I remember that one. Honestly, I think the thing I liked most about it was the Fargo dynamic between the two planet snatchers. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you should go watch the film Fargo, it's great.

It sounds really familiar, I'll look up the plot later to see if I actually saw it.

To anyone reading this that really wants to see the unfinished episodes animated, a group known as Soapy Waffles has currently animated "Mopiness of Doom" and are still working on animating the rest.
NEW image in production

(08-17-2014, 05:40 PM)TheDocofEternal Wrote:
(08-17-2014, 12:35 PM)MysterySeeker Wrote: I am pretty sure Invader Zim wasnt 90s anymore, it was in the beginning of the 2000s.

Actually you're right about the 2000s
Do you recall what episodes you saw that made you think it was boring?

Sorry, i dont. I think there was one child who constatly had a disgustingr unning nose or someting. And there were like these doctor octobus arms or something.
oh funk gotta dronk my honk
I love Invader Zim! I find it hilarious, and I love the general weirdness of the show.

The creator of Invader Zim is making a new show that will be on Disney soon. It's called Very Important House. It sounds really good!