The School Thread
Ah, yes, the art of asking for extensions. Having a bunch of OT issues and such, I've often had to have them when my fingers and wrist become red/inflamed after too much writing.
Ideally, you should email your teacher ASAP, if you can, and explain the issue, with good reason. It's always a good idea to try and ask for these kind of things early. Actually, while I'm onto that, don't hesitate to actually ask - even if you don't get the extension it can't hurt.
Anyway, saying "can I get an extension my hand hurt a lot so I didn't finish" on the due date is likely not going to work. If you can phrase your email politely, concisely and formally, and most importantly, providing a valid reason with evidence if possible, explaining exactly why it prevents you from finishing it on time. Persuasion is key, but always make sure you sound respectful and not pushy.

If you aren't able to nab an extension, though, I'm afraid cramming might be your only option. Have a lot of coffee on hand.
As for wrist pain - I feel you. I'd suggest doing some wrist stretches/flexes to loosen up the muscle, and if it's really bad, there are special creams available to help. Good luck with your assignment and the extension!
[Image: tumblr_msneb3uvKx1qe8ujwo8_500.gif]
yeah this has been an ongoing problem, i do exercises for it every day and had physical therapy for awhile. it's not as bad as it used to be but i still need to work on managing it.

this is just the day before it's due so I think it's probably too late to ask
[Image: Eg3lWTv.png][Image: tumblr_mcy2clswjj1qesb9j_by_homestuck__f...699rlh.png]
not a ship
Mm, yeah. Still might be worth a shot anyway - you've got a better chance if you ask rather than if you don't, after all. If you've had physical therapy though, you wrist pains might actually be something worth bringing up for the future, and seeing if arrangements can be made. I've got what sounds like a similar condition to you, though it is also in my fingers, and I've found that just figuring something out to manage it with your teachers can be a lifesaver. Even if you don't get the extension for this project, again, you don't want to be in the same situation in, say, a year from now.
Good to hear it's getting better, anyway. Wrist pains are the devil incarnate when it comes to exams/schoolwork.
[Image: tumblr_msneb3uvKx1qe8ujwo8_500.gif]
does anyone have thoughts on trade schools vs college?
[Image: Eg3lWTv.png][Image: tumblr_mcy2clswjj1qesb9j_by_homestuck__f...699rlh.png]
not a ship
^ yes go High School and then College 

My trade school experience was shit but for what it's worth it did get me a the job I have now 

I'd do research on the trade school and trade before you join
[Image: Pete+Dunne+Bitter+End+to+Roy+Johnson.gif]
I'm finding trade schools seem to be really good for getting you a specific job although your options may be narrowed down to the point you should also be absolutely certain of your choice.

I'd say the same of college/university: pay attention to how much emphasis they put on preparing you for the job market.

From what I can tell it just depends on what you want.
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
Trade School is a half ass education or at least mine was

I took computer classes for example

They just teach you things you already know like Installing Operating System's and software Gutting a PC and putting back together or building one that's basically it

A friend of mine was in auto mechanic's same thing changing oil car batteries etc

Basics pretty much nor much to it

AND then there's the people that really got robbed like taking cooking or landscaping 

Landscaping mowing the schools lawn and trimming there hedges for free 

Or Cooking make food for people who actually pay to eat that the school restaurant (basically a food service job anyone can get)
[Image: Pete+Dunne+Bitter+End+to+Roy+Johnson.gif]