Wendy And Dipper
Do you all think that Dipper is the right guy for Wendy? Why do you think so?

Dipper does NOT have a chance with Wendy. The age difference, plus the fact that she's just not interested in him solidifies that. So I don't like having to sit through any episodes where Dipper tries to improve his relationship with Wendy because I KNOW it's not going to end well, he's just deluding himself.

What makes things worse, though, is that it pulls the Doug thing, wherein the main character is awkward but a sweet guy and the girl is basically a Mary Sue, someone to be adored by the main character more than anything, and there's this jerky rival for the girl's affections, JUST to help drive the point home that "I'm obviously the right guy for her, not this douchebag".

It's times like this where I wish some shows would go the Adventure Time angle. There was a similar situation, where Finn loves Princess Bubblegum, but she's older and not interested, like Wendy. UNLIKE this show (or at least, not yet), the point is eventually driven home that no matter how many times Finn tries to get PB to love him back, it's just never going to work, and an entire episode is spent with him going through a mental breakdown and moping over this... This leads to Jake finding another girl, closer to Finn's age, and while Finn is still mopey and obsessed over PB, by the end of the two-parter, he finally finds love in someone else (someone fare more dangerous and emotionally unstable, but the series goes to quite some lengths to show the development of the relationship and Finn's character).

Like I said, this show is still young, so maybe the WILL go down the Adventure Time angle. Until then, I just don't like having to sit through the love triangle that is Dipper, Wendy, and Robbie.
(09-24-2012, 04:10 AM)WaxMatt202 Wrote: Dipper does NOT have a chance with Wendy. The age difference, plus the fact that she's just not interested in him solidifies that. So I don't like having to sit through any episodes where Dipper tries to improve his relationship with Wendy because I KNOW it's not going to end well, he's just deluding himself.

What makes things worse, though, is that it pulls the Doug thing, wherein the main character is awkward but a sweet guy and the girl is basically a Mary Sue, someone to be adored by the main character more than anything, and there's this jerky rival for the girl's affections, JUST to help drive the point home that "I'm obviously the right guy for her, not this douchebag".

It's times like this where I wish some shows would go the Adventure Time angle. There was a similar situation, where Finn loves Princess Bubblegum, but she's older and not interested, like Wendy. UNLIKE this show (or at least, not yet), the point is eventually driven home that no matter how many times Finn tries to get PB to love him back, it's just never going to work, and an entire episode is spent with him going through a mental breakdown and moping over this... This leads to Jake finding another girl, closer to Finn's age, and while Finn is still mopey and obsessed over PB, by the end of the two-parter, he finally finds love in someone else (someone fare more dangerous and emotionally unstable, but the series goes to quite some lengths to show the development of the relationship and Finn's character).

Like I said, this show is still young, so maybe the WILL go down the Adventure Time angle. Until then, I just don't like having to sit through the love triangle that is Dipper, Wendy, and Robbie.

Good point

(09-24-2012, 04:10 AM)WaxMatt202 Wrote: Dipper does NOT have a chance with Wendy. The age difference, plus the fact that she's just not interested in him solidifies that. So I don't like having to sit through any episodes where Dipper tries to improve his relationship with Wendy because I KNOW it's not going to end well, he's just deluding himself.

Age doesnt matter

Wait... You say I have a good point, THEN say age doesn't matter? It would help if I knew exactly which parts of my quote you were referring to.
I'd say they might not have a romantic relationship for some time (if ever), but she does seem to at least treat Dipper as a friend, which is better than some relationships where the girl is horrible but the guy thinks she's hot. At the very least, they can be friends.

Besides, 3 years is nothing to an adult; once they're both grown-ups, assuming they're still single and in contact, it's a sure thing.
The Mailman
I think: No.
Dipper is 3 years younger than Wendy, and twice as short than Wendy. And She isn't intersted in him.

Personally, I wouldn't like to Wendy and Dipper be in relationship, it would be too weird...
[Image: anzp6.gif]
Frqjudwxodwlrqv! Brx kdyh mxvw ghfrghg frpsohwhob xvhohvv dqg srlqwohvv frgh. HQMRB!
I agree with Mike & Waxmatt.

I think the relationship is inappropriate at this point, although it makes sense that Dipper is totally crushing on her. It will be disappointing if Wendy stays a trope & her only purpose is to be the object of affection for Dipper/Robbie, but that seems to be the route they're going with her.
I think this relationship isn't a good idea.

There are a few reasons:
1. Wendy is interested is the other guy.
2. Dipper is somehow immature comparing to Wendy.
3. The height difference.

However, they have something in common. Imho their personallities match well.
(10-02-2012, 09:00 PM)TheMike Wrote: I think: No.
Dipper is 3 years younger than Wendy, and twice as short than Wendy. And She isn't intersted in him.

Personally, I wouldn't like to Wendy and Dipper be in relationship, it would be too weird...

Yeah, things would be too awkward

I'm sure they have more use for Wendy, but her and Dipper will never have a chance. Every 12 year old boy has that crush that they know they'll never be able to be with, but likes her anyways. I think having that in GF adds to the realilisticness of the show, giving their characters real personalities and traits instead of just sticking them to a set plot.