Samurai Jack
I actually agree with Jam here that showing Ashi struggling to exist, if that's why she was able to for so much longer, would have made more sense. However overall I'm not too bothered because I understand what it was they were trying to do. Plus I'm very sstisfied with how they tied together the importance of all the work Jack did in the future with his return to the past. Aku also technically engineering his own downfall was an esp nice touch :3
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
I feel like I would have been more fine with the ending if the episode was much, much longer and it was given a proper resolution. It went along an incredibly fast pace that it couldn't let nearly every single scene breath.

Ashi should have died right after Aku was destroyed. The wedding scene was just there purely for dramatic purposes (not to mention, *cough* Gurren Lagann ending *cough*) and to give Jack one last 'fuck you' from Aku from beyond the grave, as if the guy wasn't miserable enough already. She just stated the obvious and that was it. Not even a kiss or a last 'I love you' of sorts.

The more I dissect the last three minutes of it, the more I grow to dislike them to be perfectly honest. :/
“Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending.” ― C. JoyBell C.
[Image: Sig.gif]
I have a feeling Adult Swim was WAY too conservative with the budget and amount of episodes they gave SJ. They totally needed 2 or 3 more episodes in addition to the finale being 45 minutes.
I am tired during the day. GRANDPA THE KIIIID!

I'm turning over a new leaf. Literally.

[Image: Leaf_1_web.jpg]

I enjoyed the finale, but I agree it was flawed. This was one of those cases where a longer running time would have worked better. Like SirDip mentioned, the last few minutes were rushed. The Jack vs. Aku battle was too short--the only explanation I can think of is that Past Aku's battle with Jack (and subsequently opening a portal to the future) had drained him too much for him to properly fight back, but I expected the struggle to be a little more prolonged.
Yep. Guess I was right to be hesitant and disappointed at the short runtime before the finale aired. :/
“Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending.” ― C. JoyBell C.
[Image: Sig.gif]