The Obscure References Game
In this forum game, players post up to three out-of-context quotes (the more obscure, the better), and other players have to guess the source of the quotes. If no one guesses the quotes within a week, the OP has to reveal where they came from. Once all the quotes have been guessed or revealed, they can post more quotes.

I'll start us off:

"You say there's a horse in your bathroom, and all you can do is stand there naming Beatles songs?"

"I'm under the door, ya twits!"
"That's a pretty stupid place to be when people are knocking doors down."

"Quick, press down on his medulla oblongata! Five bucks says he smells burnt toast."
We were strangers
And we were pilgrims
Role-models of the family man
Pioneers and patriarchs
Patriots and matriarchs
Stakin' out the promised land

--The Aquabats, "Super Rad!"

You have to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?
--Death, "Hogfather"
Cool idea! Stupid question though but are we allowed to type in the quotes on Google or something?
Also how many people per game are allowed to post quotes?
[Image: tumblr_m50a7zX1S41rxzdbwo1_500.gif]
Well the first one's from Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency... I don't know about the other two.

So I assume we have to wait until all of yours have been guessed before any new quotes are added?
"If every pork chop was perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs." -Steven Quartz Universe

"Drink cactus juice. It'll quench ya! Nothing's quenchier. It's the quenchiest!" -Sokka

"Invader's blood marches through my veins like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me... Do not ignore my veins!" -Zim

"Your sacrifice shall be great, unfertilized nonbabies, but it shall not be forgotten." -Dan

"Do you know nothing of combat?! No warrior will be distracted by Chantelle's booty!"- Star Butterfly
(09-30-2014, 01:04 PM)DrKillpatient Wrote: Cool idea! Stupid question though but are we allowed to type in the quotes on Google or something?
Also how many people per game are allowed to post quotes?

Well, I think Googling kinda spoils the fun, but I don't really have a way to stop ya... And I say the more people posting quotes, the better!

(09-30-2014, 03:55 PM)Mauxjedi Wrote: Well the first one's from Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency... I don't know about the other two.

So I assume we have to wait until all of yours have been guessed before any new quotes are added?

Well, that's one you got right. Congrats!

As for the rules, I meant that a poster should wait until all theirs have been guessed before posting new ones of their own. If you wanna post your own quotes for others to guess, go right ahead!
We were strangers
And we were pilgrims
Role-models of the family man
Pioneers and patriarchs
Patriots and matriarchs
Stakin' out the promised land

--The Aquabats, "Super Rad!"

You have to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?
--Death, "Hogfather"
Oh all righty! I honestly have no idea where the quotes come from so I'll just wait out on these.

Here're some:
1) Just hold on a minute. This severed head, you see, it’s in Hell. (hah, hah) And it flies around there, you know, in Hell. And it runs into all kinds of famous people there… (ho, ho, ho)
2) Life is pain, death is worse! My funny bone must have fell off in a hearse!
3) Father has made my party a major drag. EVERYBODY DANCE! *everybody dances*

EDIT:
Hints:
1) It's from a game from the 1990s.
2) It's from a point-and-click game.
3) It's from a cartoon.
Don't go to heaven!
9-14 20-8-5 5-14-4 1-12-12 2-5-3-15-13-5-19 3-12-5-1-18
9-20 9-19 14-15-20 1-19 9-20 19-5-5-13-19
f**k you brad pitt!
NEW image in production
I'm keeping: Stan's Fez, F's Laptop, Pacifica's Dog, and ☆Bill's Top Hat☆

I would make one. But it's super easy to guess where anything I say comes from.

Sooo.

No.

I'm too predictable. <_<'
And as the world comes to an end... I'll be here to hold your hand, 'cause you're my king and I'm your lionheart. A lionheart.

[Image: 11lslna.jpg]
I have no idea at anyone's references.
"Still in the dark over here"
NEW image in production
I'm keeping: Stan's Fez, F's Laptop, Pacifica's Dog, and ☆Bill's Top Hat☆

^^My 3rd quote's probably the easiest 'cause it's from something that may not be obscure (and maybe even popular) amongst users here. >;D