17 37.78%
5 Blunt Objects
44.44%
20 44.44%
Total 45 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

1x04 - The Hand That Rocks the Mabel
Description:
Quote:Dipper becomes suspicious of the intentions of Lil' Gideon, a child psychic at the rival "Tent of Telepathy", when he develops a crush on Mabel and asks her out on dates.
Source

I liked this episode a lot. Mabel's situation reminded my of myself as a 7th grader... in a way. Anyway, once again, a whole lot of new characters are introduced! We even get a Crazy Cat Lady. ;)

As always, google should help finding it.

[Image: tumblr_m8s2ygHoiV1qb1o9h.png]
The song from this episode keeps getting stuck in my head. Thurop Van Oarman (the person who voices Gideon) has the perfect voice for him!
ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!
Fun fact: The guy who voices Gideon is the same guy who voiced/created Flapjack~

I was excited to find out he was voicing a character in the show because Flapjack was one of my favorite shows on Cartoon Network.
(08-27-2012, 11:26 PM)Sunni Wrote: Fun fact: The guy who voices Gideon is the same guy who voiced/created Flapjack~

I was excited to find out he was voicing a character in the show because Flapjack was one of my favorite shows on Cartoon Network.

I miss Flapjack so much~~~
ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!
I want Gideons doll, it's epic. It laughts like him. That's so epic.

Here try my Sack of Mystery. It makes your money disappear! Very good idea, Grunkle Stan.
Only true magicians can use the Sack of Mystery.
ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!
Flapjack is a show that's forever in my heart <3
I loved the Twin Peaks reference in this episode.
[Image: pitfall_avgn_by_frankrt-d5ezowg.gif]
You can't help hating Gideon really, he's just so obnoxious with his fake innocence and how he thinks he can get anything he wants because people are at his feet. He's simply a spoiled brat and the worst thing is that it's still far from over because he's got the #2 issue of those mysterious books.

But in this episode I also felt really sorry for Mabel since it became quickly apparent that she didn't want to date Gideon but was almost forced to do so. And did Gideon want to kill or cut out Dipper's tongue in the end?! It's interesting how in many series it is often the spoiled brats who are among the most despicable characters, Gravity Falls being no exception.

It was still a very good episode.
I can't say I like Gideon, although I do sympathize with him, and it's going to be interesting to see what he does in future episodes, since he's one of the antagonists of the show.

Also, he used lamb shears to try and cut Dipper in this episode, and Dipper did the lamby lamby dance in the next episode.

FORESHADOWING??