37.78%
17 37.78%
5 Blunt Objects
44.44%
20 44.44%
Total 45 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

1x04 - The Hand That Rocks the Mabel
I liked this episode, and it's all because of "Lil' ol'" Gideon. Not so much because of his character, but because he's voiced by Thurop van Orman, the creator of The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack (and voice of the titular character in that show), which Alex Hirsch wrote for. What I like more is the prospect of Gideon being a recurring bad guy, perhaps even the main antagonist of the series. I don't know WHY that prospect fills me with such giddy, but either way, what's really important about him is that he has a book like Dipper's, so clearly he's going to be important to the series.

The rivalry between him and Stan seems arbitrary at first, but by the end, it's nice to see that he, Dipper, and Mabel all have a mutual hatred for him, and likewise, Gideon has sworn vengeance on their entire family. Arch-rivalry... I like that.

As for the episode itself, I don't know, it seemed more like it was setting up who Gideon is rather than being a funny episode or anything else. That said, I feel like Dipper's confrontation with Gideon near the end was one of the more dangerous situations he's been in; like literally, Gideon was out to KILL Dipper, and while he's been in dangerous situations before, I don't think anyone or anything had been after him with the intent to kill him... with the exceptions of Rumble McSkirmish, but then again, Dipper wasn't killed so much as really badly beaten up with that.

Either way, I liked it. Not one of the best or funniest episodes, but still liked it. 4 out of 5 blunt objects.

"You haven't seen the last of lil' ol' me!" XP
Guideon and Mable!!!! Weirdddd couple
Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate.
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer’s lease hath all too short a date.
William Shakespeare
Now THIS is my favorite episode, and such a wonderful villain it has too! See, I love a villain that can actually scare me. But I'm so into monsters and creatures already, that one of these won't do. But Gideon isn't a monster (that we know of...lol). He's a spoiled brat. He's a spoiled brat with influence and money and way too much power for a twelve year old to have. And he's totally a stalker creeper. And he has no qualms about killing over kids. And he likes to make effigies of his enemies and play with them. *shudder* That's brilliant.

I love Gideon. Just love him, love him, love him.

I think this is one of the episode that verges more on the serious and plot driven. But the jokes are still super funny AND it give my favorite scene so far: Bazazzled Mabel. Ouch. Pain. The jokes aren't put in awkwardly or anything- serious and funny parts are given ample time to breathe, and the episode never drags, which is saying a lot for 23 minutes. I just can't think of a bad thing to say, and I fear I may gush, so I'm going to stop now.
Somebody needs to make a dub of Mabel singing "Never Ever Ever Getting Back Together" to Gideon. Word to your motha who sent you to Oregon!
I'm no good at sports, so to me, my greatest achievement was first Manotaur. ;n;
(11-04-2012, 04:23 AM)ZeroGravityFalls Wrote: Somebody needs to make a dub of Mabel singing "Never Ever Ever Getting Back Together" to Gideon. Word to your motha who sent you to Oregon!

It can be done, but nobody really likes Taylor Swift.
[Image: Poye0.png]
(10-26-2012, 05:52 AM)Mairzy Doats Wrote: Now THIS is my favorite episode, and such a wonderful villain it has too! See, I love a villain that can actually scare me. But I'm so into monsters and creatures already, that one of these won't do. But Gideon isn't a monster (that we know of...lol). He's a spoiled brat. He's a spoiled brat with influence and money and way too much power for a twelve year old to have. And he's totally a stalker creeper. And he has no qualms about killing over kids. And he likes to make effigies of his enemies and play with them. *shudder* That's brilliant.

I love Gideon. Just love him, love him, love him.

I think this is one of the episode that verges more on the serious and plot driven. But the jokes are still super funny AND it give my favorite scene so far: Bazazzled Mabel. Ouch. Pain. The jokes aren't put in awkwardly or anything- serious and funny parts are given ample time to breathe, and the episode never drags, which is saying a lot for 23 minutes. I just can't think of a bad thing to say, and I fear I may gush, so I'm going to stop now.
Refer to: Bolded part
Well, in Little Dipper hes walking around with his jar then suddenly

His Dad:
N-now son whats in the jar?

Gideon: (cute face)
Thats my lil ol secret! :}

Crowd:
AWWWWWW!
(Not like, aww man! But like Awww, thats so cute!)

Gideon: (walking away)
Mouth breathing fools.

(11-04-2012, 04:25 AM)GFDecoded Wrote:
(11-04-2012, 04:23 AM)ZeroGravityFalls Wrote: Somebody needs to make a dub of Mabel singing "Never Ever Ever Getting Back Together" to Gideon. Word to your motha who sent you to Oregon!

It can be done, but nobody really likes Taylor Swift.

I like Taylor Swift.
I'm no good at sports, so to me, my greatest achievement was first Manotaur. ;n;
I think he meant that Gideon isn't a strange creature like most of the other enemies in Gravity Falls. I'm certain that he is just as cruel as any given monster, though...
I'm female. And yeah, he's not some bug creature from another planet or a werewolf or something. You could have a Gideon in your classroom, or there can be one in your neighborhood. When you actually know a villain can exist in the real world, he becomes a lot scarier.

Like Idi Amin in the Last King of Scotland. It was partially because you knew it was based on a real guy, partially because Forest is really intimidating. The character is a evil, evil man who's very immature and self centered. And he did terrible things to people. And for a while, no one did anything about it.

Remind you anyone? I know he's a child and a cartoon, but none of the adults dare raise a hand to Gideon and- frankly, the kid deserves it. Yeah I know he hasn't mangled anyone yet but you know he's considered it. I know I got of on a tangent there but I was making my point.
(11-06-2012, 04:55 AM)Mairzy Doats Wrote: I'm female. And yeah, he's not some bug creature from another planet or a werewolf or something. You could have a Gideon in your classroom, or there can be one in your neighborhood. When you actually know a villain can exist in the real world, he becomes a lot scarier.

Like Idi Amin in the Last King of Scotland. It was partially because you knew it was based on a real guy, partially because Forest is really intimidating. The character is a evil, evil man who's very immature and self centered. And he did terrible things to people. And for a while, no one did anything about it.

Remind you anyone? I know he's a child and a cartoon, but none of the adults dare raise a hand to Gideon and- frankly, the kid deserves it. Yeah I know he hasn't mangled anyone yet but you know he's considered it. I know I got of on a tangent there but I was making my point.

What was that for? Seriously, Mairzy Doats's post was well thought-out and detailed, moreso than most comments or posts I've seen on this forum. Responding with a "lol wut" like she's some kind of idiot just comes off as rude.