37.78%
17 37.78%
5 Blunt Objects
44.44%
20 44.44%
Total 45 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

1x04 - The Hand That Rocks the Mabel
(11-06-2012, 05:25 AM)WaxMatt202 Wrote: What was that for? Seriously, Mairzy Doats's post was well thought-out and detailed, moreso than most comments or posts I've seen on this forum. Responding with a "lol wut" like she's some kind of idiot just comes off as rude.

I was just saying I didnt understand a word because It was 7:30, I didnt mean to be offensive.

(11-06-2012, 04:55 AM)Mairzy Doats Wrote: I'm female. And yeah, he's not some bug creature from another planet or a werewolf or something. You could have a Gideon in your classroom, or there can be one in your neighborhood. When you actually know a villain can exist in the real world, he becomes a lot scarier.

Like Idi Amin in the Last King of Scotland. It was partially because you knew it was based on a real guy, partially because Forest is really intimidating. The character is a evil, evil man who's very immature and self centered. And he did terrible things to people. And for a while, no one did anything about it.

Remind you anyone? I know he's a child and a cartoon, but none of the adults dare raise a hand to Gideon and- frankly, the kid deserves it. Yeah I know he hasn't mangled anyone yet but you know he's considered it. I know I got of on a tangent there but I was making my point.

(11-06-2012, 05:23 AM)ZeroGravityFalls Wrote:
(11-06-2012, 04:55 AM)Mairzy Doats Wrote: I'm female. And yeah, he's not some bug creature from another planet or a werewolf or something. You could have a Gideon in your classroom, or there can be one in your neighborhood. When you actually know a villain can exist in the real world, he becomes a lot scarier.

Like Idi Amin in the Last King of Scotland. It was partially because you knew it was based on a real guy, partially because Forest is really intimidating. The character is a evil, evil man who's very immature and self centered. And he did terrible things to people. And for a while, no one did anything about it.

Remind you anyone? I know he's a child and a cartoon, but none of the adults dare raise a hand to Gideon and- frankly, the kid deserves it. Yeah I know he hasn't mangled anyone yet but you know he's considered it. I know I got of on a tangent there but I was making my point.

Sorry if I offended you...
I'm no good at sports, so to me, my greatest achievement was first Manotaur. ;n;
Quote:I was just saying I didnt understand a word because It was 7:30, I didnt mean to be offensive.

Then why bother saying anything? And why bother using so many quotes? Actually, I see that a lot on this forum- people using gobblewonker-long quotes in order to reply to one small sentence or something. You can remove most of the text between quote tags, you know. Look ^ I just did it up there. Yeah; I know I'm harping. Pet peeve of mine. I just hate scrolling half the page of text I already read to see someone say "I agree" -_-

Um. What were we talking about again? Ok, look dude, disagree with me if you want. Rent The Last King of Scotland if you want- Forest Whitaker's performance is freaking awesome in it. Or don't. But there's no need to be rude if you disagree. So, wanna be cool?
In my opinion this episode reveal a lot, as you all already know Gideon has a book and Dipper almost found that out in Little Dipper. Now it makes me wander what could possible be different about that book and Dippers book? Does it have more creatures?, does it have the guy who wrote the book in it?, were did Gideon find it? A lot of questions, that I hope to be answered. If you noticed which you probably did, Gideon sign for his telepathy trick has a triangle on it. Gideon and Stan know something about each other that there not tell( in my opinion) because Stan hated Gideon from the beginning and Gideon wants the Mystery Shack for some reason. It is really weird how they became competitors so quickly.
[Image: tumblr_m6x8azm0JE1rafdwyo2_500.gif]
The episode is key to the finale, of course, in my opinion.

Gideon is a great antagonist, as well as a cute one.
Although he looks cute, he breathes with his nose, terrorizes his mother somehow, and gets whatever he wants. EXCEPT for Mabel. He made wooden figures of the MystShack, Mabel, Dipper and Stan. They seemed to be a type of voo-doo dolls, but when he snaps all the figures in Little Dipper the children do not die. What the purpose of the wooden figures are, I have no idea, nor have I anytime before now.
I'm no good at sports, so to me, my greatest achievement was first Manotaur. ;n;
So I'm in the process of re-watching all the intros, for the sheer reason of research... when at the end of the Gideon commercial you can hear Bud say "Carla, I've always loved you but never had the guts to say it." At the time of the episodes release, no one knows who this Carla person is... but now, I must pose the questions. Could she be potentially important to the show? And did anyone else catch this?
I think we've had a few threads on this in conspiracies, a few of them pointed out that Stan's ex is also named Carla.
(12-27-2013, 07:16 AM)Floating Eyeball Wrote: I think we've had a few threads on this in conspiracies, a few of them pointed out that Stan's ex is also named Carla.

Gotcha, I didn't remember reading about it before (at least of when Bud mentions her.) Might have been before I arrived here.
I ranked it 5 Blunt Objects, I thought that this episode was very entertaining.
Gideons behavior when Dipper told him that Mabel doesnt want to date him reminds me of somebody I know. Once that guy cried because he couldnt BREAK THE NECK of someone who ate all his Pringles.
[Image: ghost.gif]
Dipper was kinda at fault.
"She... doesn't want to see you anymore. heh.." wasn't the right thing to say.

Nice episode, and I didn't get mad at Dipper, it just seemed a little wrong to say.
NEW image in production
I'm keeping: Stan's Fez, F's Laptop, Pacifica's Dog, and ☆Bill's Top Hat☆