6.76%
5 6.76%
5 Buttons
91.89%
68 91.89%
Total 74 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

2x11 - Not What He Seems
It's interesting but for another story I think as you would be diminishing Mabel's role even more, (dangerously close to damsel in distress as well) and I always felt like the two should be working as a team as much as possible anyway but this would completely and utterly remove that vital element. So I agree, thank goodness they didn't go with that idea.

Sides, we technically get a bit of that in the first Weirdmageddon episode no? Didn't AD1 hate that episode?
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
Yeah, it effectively removes Mabel from the game, for the most part. As much as I like Mabel, I can't see her being an important factor in allowing Ford to finally crack the means to get back home after being trapped for 30 years. Not without silliness, which would mar the seriousness of the situation.

Plus as I noted, Dipper wouldn't trust Stan. We see Dipper's trust pushed past the breaking point by all the evidence he uncovers, he would see Mabel's erasure as being proof he was right. Dipper's very logical and evidence-oriented, so he would see the pieces and put that together, he'd probably even hand Stan into the authorities that are surrounding the Mystery Shack. Heck, Soos worships Stan and even he goes against him and mistrusts him in that final scene.

It was only because Mabel operates on emotion rather than logic and trusted her gut feeling that Stan was a good guy that the portal was even left open, and even then we see her in some serious turmoil before she makes the decision.
[Image: a8wTLcn.png]
GRAPPLING HOOK!
(12-27-2016, 12:22 PM)Baron Claus Wrote: It's interesting but for another story I think as you would be diminishing Mabel's role even more, (dangerously close to damsel in distress as well) and I always felt like the two should be working as a team as much as possible anyway but this would completely and utterly remove that vital element. So I agree, thank goodness they didn't go with that idea.

Sides, we technically get a bit of that in the first Weirdmageddon episode no? Didn't AD1 hate that episode?

It wouldn't be like Part 1. I think each episode would have a Dipper and Stan story and a Mabel and Ford story.
[Image: mabel_pines_fan_button_by_requestbuttons-d5j5abu.png]
Okay, but can respond to some of the other points people have made?
[Image: Eg3lWTv.png][Image: tumblr_mcy2clswjj1qesb9j_by_homestuck__f...699rlh.png]
not a ship
People are saying this wouldn't work because Dipper wouldn't trust Stan if Mabel got stuck in the portal. That's the point. While Dipper doesn't trust Stan and blames him for what happened, he knows that he can't rebuild the portal on his own and has to rely on Stan.
[Image: mabel_pines_fan_button_by_requestbuttons-d5j5abu.png]
It wouldn't work because it would remove the importance of Dipper and Mabels bond and would very likely put Mabel in the position of needing to be rescued in a way that is not cool. Furthermore it does not offer growth for either, nothing meaningful anyway and once again this has a lot to do with the fact again they are separate and therefore cannot grow and learn of the importance of their bond which was the whole point of the series.
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
(12-27-2016, 06:25 PM)AwesomeDude1 Wrote: People are saying this wouldn't work because Dipper wouldn't trust Stan if Mabel got stuck in the portal. That's the point. While Dipper doesn't trust Stan and blames him for what happened, he knows that he can't rebuild the portal on his own and has to rely on Stan.

But again, how does he know it's a portal with another side? Stan doesn't really seem to know for sure what it is or how it works, and you think Stan's explanation would be enough for Dipper?

Dipper might work on reopening the portal on his own, but at the summit of NWHS, only the arrival of Ford and the proof Stan was in the right helped him climb back from truly thinking Stan was a villain. Without that event, adding in the grief of losing Mabel, he wouldn't trust Stan, not ever again.

It's established again-and-again that losing each other is the worst possible thing for the twins, and so losing Mabel wouldn't result in a cool, collected Dipper who would trust Stan and look at the situation objectively. It'd be a bitter, vicious situation that wouldn't be at all enjoyable to watch. They wouldn't work together, Dipper would refuse to ever speak to Stan again at best.

I mean, just look at the portal scene. When Stan appears Dipper gives him a look of complete, withering reproach. When Stan starts to try and explain Dipper is actively fighting against him and trying to stop him. This isn't a situation where two people would start to work together immediately afterwards, it's too much of a stretch.
[Image: a8wTLcn.png]
GRAPPLING HOOK!