22.09%
19 22.09%
5 Packs of Smile Dip
75.58%
65 75.58%
Total 86 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

1x05 - The Inconveniencing
i've seen this episode like 4 times 'cause i was watching it with friends who didn't have it recorded at their houses
and actually i noticed somethin' weird in it (sadly i can't take screenshots because if i try opening up large video files my laptop will overheat)
right before wendy, her friends, and the pines twins drive away from the dawn 2 dusk store, when dipper and wendy are still outside the car, everyone's eyes are closed inside the car
but as soon as dipper gets in the car everyone's eyes are open again
i have no idea what it's supposed to mean???? i don't think it's foreshadowed any episodes that have aired yet
kind of like how in legend of the gobblewonker blandin blendin or w/e was in the background when that old man was yapping about the gobblewonker and the time traveler's pig wasn't until many episodes later
I think it could just be an inconsistency in the animation. I think they were just showing that everyone was tired in the first part of that, and forgot to do it when Dipper got in.
(09-03-2012, 03:15 AM)BadMan171 Wrote: I think it could just be an inconsistency in the animation. I think they were just showing that everyone was tired in the first part of that, and forgot to do it when Dipper got in.
my lil sister suggested the same thing but I HAVE MY SUSPICIONS.....
i'm a homestuck fan so i am not gonna let ANYTHING get past me
gotta stay on your toes man
(09-03-2012, 03:17 AM)quagmath Wrote: my lil sister suggested the same thing but I HAVE MY SUSPICIONS.....

Very true, but I don't think this is like when Dipper opened up to the page on Gnomes when he's trying to warn Mabel about Norman in the first episode. Animation studios will often re-use footage as a way to save time and money, so it could be that, or they just goofed up big time.
(09-03-2012, 03:25 AM)BadMan171 Wrote:
(09-03-2012, 03:17 AM)quagmath Wrote: my lil sister suggested the same thing but I HAVE MY SUSPICIONS.....

Very true, but I don't think this is like when Dipper opened up to the page on Gnomes when he's trying to warn Mabel about Norman in the first episode. Animation studios will often re-use footage as a way to save time and money, so it could be that, or they just goofed up big time.
i think a mess up is out of the question
the animators had to take the time to sketch, line, colour, and shade every single frame, so they were obviously fully aware that in one scene, everyone in the car was asleep, and in the next moment, they were awake
also, it doesn't really make sense for them to all have had their eyes closed, so there's no chance that it was supposed to fit for the moment and then they forgot to keep it that way in the next scene
it doesn't tie in at all, i think it was most definitely on purpose
(09-03-2012, 04:35 AM)quagmath Wrote: i think a mess up is out of the question
the animators had to take the time to sketch, line, colour, and shade every single frame, so they were obviously fully aware that in one scene, everyone in the car was asleep, and in the next moment, they were awake
also, it doesn't really make sense for them to all have had their eyes closed, so there's no chance that it was supposed to fit for the moment and then they forgot to keep it that way in the next scene
it doesn't tie in at all, i think it was most definitely on purpose

Okay, i went and watched the scene (paused it and everything) and the only person with their eyes open that previously had them closed was Thompson, the driver.
@badman:
oh, yeah, i watched it again and got some screenshots and that's true, only thompson opens his eyes again
but it's still curious as to why everyone else was asleep? i mean the perspective of the show is that they're ~teenagers~ and they do hardcore stuff and sleeping in the car when it's barely dark out doesn't add up with that
screenshots (Click to View)
wow.... Spooky.............
I think there is a large passage of time, they were probably out for late evening and most of the night.
Nervous system monster in the fridge scared the crap out of me. So many tentacle! :(

Great episode, Smile Dip was great. Also, did anyone else notice that Robbie wasn't transformed by the ghosts at all on-screen? How interesting...
The Mailman
(09-04-2012, 02:09 AM)Sunrises Wrote: Nervous system monster in the fridge scared the crap out of me. So many tentacle! :(

Great episode, Smile Dip was great. Also, did anyone else notice that Robbie wasn't transformed by the ghosts at all on-screen? How interesting...
i still think the lad saw something
[Image: PRxtn.png]
omfg.....
that is a look of sheer TERROR