DuckTales Returns in 2017!
(03-02-2015, 01:05 AM)TheDocofEternal Wrote: Their older live action stuff was alright

thats so raven was a good show. So was the suite life of Zack and Cody.
~~If you have concerns, please send it to one of the mods~~

Yea, i don't know how well they've held up, but I don't have any doubts
NEW image in production
I'm keeping: Stan's Fez, F's Laptop, Pacifica's Dog, and ☆Bill's Top Hat☆

Actually, Darkwing Duck recently had continuation... in comic books from Boom! Studios.
I remember when the news was a big deal, but you can probably pick them up in graphic novel/paper trade back now.
Basically, it deals with the aftermath of Double D retiring from hero work and the outcomes from that.

I was a big fan of the Darkwing Duck show, so I can see a continuation of the show or at least linking it to the DuckTales reboot if it has to have a reboot as well (That these series happen in the same universe with Launchpad McQuack and Gizmoduck being in both.).

The whole point of Darkwing Duck was making fun of adventure and crime pulps, so I can easily see a reboot spoofing what Nolan was wrought to the superhero genre.

Now, what about rebooting Rescue Rangers?
Or Gargoyles?
Don't show a hyena how well you can bite.--Mandi proverb

Join in the Christmas spirit in the Mystery Shack's Official Secret Santa thread!
I heard they were making a Rescue Rangers movie.
Whatever happened to that??
NEW image in production
I'm keeping: Stan's Fez, F's Laptop, Pacifica's Dog, and ☆Bill's Top Hat☆

(03-15-2015, 10:51 AM)TheDocofEternal Wrote: I heard they were making a Rescue Rangers movie.
Whatever happened to that??

Here's the news from Variety.

I think what scares me is this:
Quote:Project is essentially Disney’s version of Sony’s “Smurfs,” Fox’s “Alvin and the Chipmunks” and “Garfield” films, which inject cartoon characters into live action settings.

Don't say that Variety news!
I don't want the Rescue Rangers film to be like those films!
Also, why cite those films when Disney has already done that type of film before?

I only hope they are saying this simply because they will be using animated CGI characters in a live action setting.
However, the Rescue Rangers interacted with other animals a whole lot more than humans, so I can easily see this as a fully animated movie than having to resort to live action with CGI.

As for whenever it coming out:
It could be that it's still in development or it is bogged down with issues.
And wiki says that "No release date has been announced yet."
The movie news was announced back in 2014, so I guess wait and see.
Don't show a hyena how well you can bite.--Mandi proverb

Join in the Christmas spirit in the Mystery Shack's Official Secret Santa thread!
[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.chipandco.com%2Fwp-c...73.jpg&f=1]

I'm quite excited for this, as a DuckTales fan and a duck fan in general!

Already, it seems more faithful to the original source material than the original DuckTales series ever was - the original source material, of course, being the Carl Barks comics. Maybe they'll borrow plots from Barks like the original series did? Maybe even some Rosa stories... There's a lot of potential for this, aaaaaaaahgggggggggg I'm so excited!!!Hehe!
Made by FunnyFany
[Image: latest?cb=20150502165211]
[Image: donkey_kong_fan_button__updated__by_requ...5h4w0c.png]
DK is coming to steal your bananas. And kick some ass. And steal more bananas.
I didn't read the comics but I did used to watch the show. This is gonna be so good :D

...wait a minute, that's a...Webby has a grappling hook?!
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
Webby is Mabel confirmed.

Actually, I do hope they have her be something more than obligatory cutsey character. I didn't like her much in the original show.
“Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending.” ― C. JoyBell C.
[Image: Sig.gif]
I really don't recall any strong feelings for her for some reason. I guess she wasn't as especially annoying as something like Scrappy Doo. I'm liking this though and taking it as a hint she'll be a lot more spunky and fun.
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
If she's anything like Gosalyn from Darkwing Duck, I love her already.
“Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending.” ― C. JoyBell C.
[Image: Sig.gif]