Harry Potter
See my profile pic? Look at my left hand. THAT, my fellow fallers, is an official replica of Harry's wand.
I also have school robes that are actual robes, and a gryffondor tie that's an actual tie!
[Image: ygNoHCo.png?fb]
(10-15-2015, 02:23 AM)Eternal-E Wrote: See my profile pic? Look at my left hand. THAT, my fellow fallers, is an official replica of Harry's wand.
I also have school robes that are actual robes, and a gryffondor tie that's an actual tie!

Dude. I'm jealous. I need that stuff to live.
Pines Bros. Character (Click to View)

[Image: large.gif]
(10-15-2015, 03:24 AM)ktalexander75 Wrote:
(10-15-2015, 02:23 AM)Eternal-E Wrote: See my profile pic? Look at my left hand. THAT, my fellow fallers, is an official replica of Harry's wand.

The only problem is that I'm a ravenclaw
[Image: ygNoHCo.png?fb]
(10-15-2015, 03:40 AM)Eternal-E Wrote:
(10-15-2015, 03:24 AM)ktalexander75 Wrote:

The only problem is that I'm a ravenclaw

Ha, that's perfect.
Pines Bros. Character (Click to View)

[Image: large.gif]
I never read them.
I don't know if I have enough time for reading the books.

(hide and run)
(10-15-2015, 06:02 AM)daJoschi Wrote: I never read them.
I don't know if I have enough time for reading the books.

(hide and run)

Definitely try to, if you find the time.

Is this just going to be comparing merchandise (in which case I lose) or does someone want to discuss House values and characters?
[Image: Eg3lWTv.png][Image: tumblr_mcy2clswjj1qesb9j_by_homestuck__f...699rlh.png]
not a ship
I grew up on these. There's a lot I love and think is really good. And then there's a lot I really despise...

1. Starting with the Houses.
They're messed up. You can't ignore that you essentially have a leftover house and a bad guy house. It's really really lazy writing and a terrible message. But people are going to attack me on that front because...

2. WARNING, big generalisation yes but honestly: the fans are completely intolerant to criticism.
I HATE it. I was completely shunned by an HP fan/'friend' (HA!!) because I said it had serious flaws and no longer thought it was 'the best thing EVAR'.

On the lighter 'like' side: I'd be a Ravenclaw and Luna Lovegood is my favourite thing about the books.
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
I'm a ravenclaw! BOSS
[Image: tumblr_msneb3uvKx1qe8ujwo8_500.gif]
*bumps fist* best house...
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
I think Rowling deserves a bit of credit for her attempts to redeem and balance the Houses later in the series. The introduction and development of Slytherin characters was an improvement on the House's portrayal. Hufflepuff really should have gotten more attention, and Ravenclaw was also underdeveloped.
The division of Houses is on the same par as the Triwizard Tournament: what should have been an opportunity to learn to work together and unite became an excuse for unhealthy competition. It's also a pretty bad idea to surround teenagers with people too similar to themselves.
Gotta admit that branding a series with something as distinguishable as four relatable Houses is a pretty great way to it easily recognizable.

I'm unsure about whether I'd belong in Hufflepuff or Slytherin. The Hufflepuff values, especially the emphasis on loyalty, are important in my eyes, but the way I actually think and act is much closer to Slytherin.
[Image: Eg3lWTv.png][Image: tumblr_mcy2clswjj1qesb9j_by_homestuck__f...699rlh.png]
not a ship