The handprint wasn't there before!
At the end of Gideon Rises, we see Stan walk down the stairs to his secret lair. In Not What He Seems Dipper, Mabel, and Soos go down the same stairs. The six-fingered hand-print is only visible in the latter image, even though every detail of the cracks in the walls is faithfully rendered.

We have a hand-print of the Author appearing when he's not yet back from the Portal.

What does this mean? I suggest it's evidence that the Author is not actually in the body that came back from the Portal. It's possessed by Tad Strange, or a piece of Bill. The disembodied Author has been around the Mystery Shack all these years, like Dipper was in Sock Opera. He's not the Invisible Wizard who unties shoe-laces (that's Bill), but he did manage to make this print here. I think he used his six-fingered glove like a sock-puppet and pressed hard enough to make his finger joints show through in the print.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I think the handprint was added because of the updated animation, although it is strange.

Also, Alex confirmed via Twitter that Tad Strange was never supposed to be a important character, but has deleted these tweets already. (although screenshots do exist)
oh funk gotta dronk my honk
more mysteries to come
Call me crazy, but zooming in on the image I only count five fingers on that handprint.
(04-16-2015, 04:08 AM)Diremane Wrote: Call me crazy, but zooming in on the image I only count five fingers on that handprint.

There's a smudged sixth finger but it's possible it's the empty sixth finger of the gloves Stan was using. The material the print is made of seems to be the toxic fuel he was handling.
(04-16-2015, 12:14 AM)MysterySeeker Wrote: Also, Alex confirmed via Twitter that Tad Strange was never supposed to be a important character, but has deleted these tweets already. (although screenshots do exist)

Can't believe I guessed that before the deleted confirmation.
I remember telling people that Tad might even be a one-shot character or just a guest celebrity character.

If it's a role similar to the Night Vale one, he's either a brand new minor character that's a radio host or the mysterious guy reporting on Dipper and Mabel we saw in Irrational Treasure.

If it's a radio host Art Bell role, he may be reporting what he can get about Gravity Falls if the city is on lock down after 'Not What He Seems' (If the Government agents are still there.).

Someone on Tumblr also noted that young Author Stan (Which we see in the end credits for NWHS.) doesn't have six fingers.

It's possible he gained a sixth finger somehow (Radiation? Magic? The secret knowledge he gained?).
So this may be even more fodder about the significance of characters having either four or five fingers.
Don't show a hyena how well you can bite.--Mandi proverb

Join in the Christmas spirit in the Mystery Shack's Official Secret Santa thread!
(04-16-2015, 07:59 AM)Laughing Hyena Wrote: Can't believe I guessed that before the deleted confirmation.
I remember telling people that Tad might even be a one-shot character or just a guest celebrity character.

If it's a role similar to the Night Vale one, he's either a brand new minor character that's a radio host or the mysterious guy reporting on Dipper and Mabel we saw in Irrational Treasure.

It was Alex himself who added fuel to the fire. Of all the questions he could have answered, he chose to elaborate in detail on Tad Strange and call him a square. Oh well, a second demon isn't necessary to the theory.
(04-16-2015, 08:02 AM)RockSunner Wrote: It was Alex himself who added fuel to the fire. Of all the questions he could have answered, he chose to elaborate in detail on Tad Strange and call him a square. Oh well, a second demon isn't necessary to the theory.

Well, he was role-playing as Bill, who is a known trickster.

To add to your theory:
* There is Dipper's theory from the DaMGtMaNSF book. Where Dipper believes that a lost librarian in another parallel dimension is trying to communicate with us, but the method is crude and messy.
* The Search for the Blind Eye.com site.
Where we have two different people trying to communicate through codes. One is obviously Bill, but the other is trying to warn about Bill and seems to talk about the effects he is going through. This other voice even gets 'controlled' by Bill when Bill thinks it has gone on long enough (The "Which ended in... Happy fun times for all!" part.).
* The Bill AMA where he brings up Project MK Ultra.
Quote:artisticbliss:
Are you planning anything particularly exciting in the future? Like the end of the world?
_BILLCIPHER:
IM THINKING OF BRINGING BACK MKULTRA

So what was MK Ultra all about? Mind control.
Don't show a hyena how well you can bite.--Mandi proverb

Join in the Christmas spirit in the Mystery Shack's Official Secret Santa thread!
(04-16-2015, 07:59 AM)Laughing Hyena Wrote: It's possible he gained a sixth finger somehow (Radiation? Magic? The secret knowledge he gained?).
So this may be even more fodder about the significance of characters having either four or five fingers.

Character's gain fingers by the knowledge they obtain, huh? Now that is a theory i could believe. That would explain why most of the adults in Gravity Falls also only have four fingers.
oh funk gotta dronk my honk
^^^
Dipeer has 4 fingers.But he know a lot,soooo...Dipeer is stupid and knows nothing about GF?
[Image: 12KKcZW.gif]