The handprint wasn't there before!
just throwing more pieces in
What about Gompers?

People often stated it's odd for him being around the Shack all the time; tried to steal the journal, took Grunkle Stans Hat ... so people stated to believe once that he could be possessed by Bill.

Thinking about "Bill took over the Authors Body, was trapped with that body in the Portal for 30 years, just be able to appear in the normal world thanks to Gideons summoning but is still bound to the Body. Just came through the Portal (what would also explain the fear of McGucket of the Portal-opening) and the Author had to be a floating ghost for the last years. Well till Gompers was born and he maybe learned to control him (what would be a bit cruel to the poor goat)"
It would explain McG fear, why Gompers was interested in the Journal in Episode one, why Bill wanted a new body first but than never interferes in the Portal-activation again, so he could get his old one back.

well, I'm sorry if this got a bit out of hands and out of the original theory discussed here :3
Seems a bit unlikely to me. Bill said 'It's good to be back' and 'it's been so long since I inhabited a body', two statements that don't make any sense if he had been possessing Gompers the whole show. Gompers didn't do much to the journal, either, just nibbled at it a bit once, not even trying to take it as he did with the gnome. If he wanted it, why wouldn't he try again?
(Do you want to make this a new thread? It seems more off-topic than usual from this one. I'm not even sure how you got on this subject.)
Keeping: Dipper's Disposable Cameras, Floating Eyeballs
[Image: gXPmp.jpg]
(04-18-2015, 12:28 AM)Floating Eyeball Wrote: Seems a bit unlikely to me. Bill said 'It's good to be back' and 'it's been so long since I inhabited a body', two statements that don't make any sense if he had been possessing Gompers the whole show. Gompers didn't do much to the journal, either, just nibbled at it a bit once, not even trying to take it as he did with the gnome. If he wanted it, why wouldn't he try again?
(Do you want to make this a new thread? It seems more off-topic than usual from this one. I'm not even sure how you got on this subject.)

Actually, I think bluesun's theory is about the Author's "ghost" possessing Gompers, not Bill possessing him. There's a bit of evidence for this idea from Bill's AMA. Asked about Gompers, he said "I LIKE HIM BETTER THIS WAY."

That's not so far off topic that it needs a new thread IMHO. If the Author's body is possessed, his spirit needs to be somewhere interesting (and Gompers, who showed up in Dipper and Mabel's room in the first episode, is a fine Chekov's gunman for this purpose).

And if a part of Bill is stuck in the Author's body, perhaps preventing him from being as fully active in this world as he would like to be, then his statement about it being a long time since he possessed a body could be an outright lie to mislead Dipper.
The problem with this is that Gompers has a spirit/soul as well.
To replace it with the Author's also means that Gompers' is some how wandering around the Mindscape without a vessel or body too.

We've seen that inanimate objects like sock puppets can be used as a vessel (Seen in Sock Opera), so that's an option.

I propose that Bill has been able to get out of the Mindscape before (Either thirty years ago or much longer ago than that. And was successfully sent back into the Mindscape in order to stop his rampage.).

So Gompers is an example of Bill's reality warping powers.

Bill goes on about how humans cannot hear the thoughts of animals in the DaMGtMaNSF book.
In the AMA, he also talks about how he knows who the guy is behind the Mailbox in the Dipper's Guide to the Unexplained short and how that guy is such a tattletale (And will be dealt with soon.).

If Bill wanted someone to be not able to speak and reveal what they know: Turning them into a animal is a good option because then they wouldn't be understood by other humans.

It makes me wonder if Waddles is the same. Since Waddles was able to say "Mabel" or Mabel just thinks that.

We should be worrying more than just the Author, though. If the 'Mind Control' idea is on the right path: We need to worry about Dipper as well.

Not so much on G. Stan, because maybe G. Stan's tattoo is what is probably protecting him from Bill's influences. After all, Bill said in the AMA that it means, "Watch Your Step.".

@tyhender(Pines?):
It isn't just about the secrets of Gravity Falls. It's about the forbidden secrets of the universe that might give you that sixth finger.
As for the fifth:
MacKrell has talked about the options of what four or five fingers mean before as well.
Don't show a hyena how well you can bite.--Mandi proverb

Join in the Christmas spirit in the Mystery Shack's Official Secret Santa thread!
(04-18-2015, 12:53 AM)RockSunner Wrote:
(04-18-2015, 12:28 AM)Floating Eyeball Wrote: Seems a bit unlikely to me. Bill said 'It's good to be back' and 'it's been so long since I inhabited a body', two statements that don't make any sense if he had been possessing Gompers the whole show.

Actually, I think bluesun's theory is about the Author's "ghost" possessing Gompers, not Bill possessing him.

exactly
I'm sorry that didn't came out right the way I wrote it ^^"

What I wanted to say: "I heard the theory of others that Gompers would be Bill"
I just reused the arguments people had back than for this theory and transcribed them on the theory the Author could be possessing Gompers.

But yea, as I also stated: "what would be a bit cruel to the poor goat" your right that this way the goat would be now "without a vessel" if the Author would have taken the body.
MAYBE he could just do it temporarily and shares the body, but I guess there is no use in finding further "explanations" (and theorizing) without any evidence xD

coming back to topic, maybe the hand-print would be a way of the Author showing his presence by taking over a glove and pressing it against the wall to warn others that his body is still possessed - if Dipper could take over hand-puppets just a couple of minutes after he was "disembodied" the Author should have enough time to learn to use "hand-puppet like gloves" without problem
what would bring up the question, why he didn't just wrote a letter to Dipper or his brother like ... 30 years ago
But again, this could be a excellent hint that my whole theory is just crap xD

*edit:
ON THE OTHER HAND
maybe I could rescue my theory by theorizing that you lose the ability to interact with object the longer you are "a ghost" (if you aren't Bill)

So the Author could have edited the Journals by himself (as a Ghost / using a glove / hand-pupped / quill / whatever) before he "faded further into the mindscape" and just recently took all his power to force Gompers to interact with Dipper

But yea, I guess that is just a weak try to rescue my theory or shoot enough ideas into the blue so I could hope that one might hit something that turns out "close enough" so I could brag one day "ha, I know it (in one of my n-th theories I blow out)" xD
Yo, Rock !!!→ ⌐■-■

I made a connection you might be interested in.

http://www.mystery-shack.com/showthread.php?tid=6839