How the Shapeshifter will return (possibly)
First off, due to a few interviews from Alex, we know Dipper's mad, and we know he'll either leave the group for a short time, or somehow get broken away from them. But we know Dipper's "emotional stance" takes him on his own adventures because of what Alex said in a interview on Not What He Seems.

I've thought on how the shapeshifter could return, and here's the idea:
After being broken apart from the group, Stan, New Stan, Mabel, Soos, and all the others who could be included, start discussing the past. Could Dipper leave and not listen to Grunkle Stan's backstory in the next episode? Idk. But the idea I had was that New Stan, and possible a few others excluding Wendy, Soos, and Mabel, which means G.S. could be along, go into New Stan's lab from Into the Bunker, they find "frozen Dipper" and free him. I've liked the idea of "That's Dipper, let him out!" and think this way could work the best.

Thoughts?
NEW image in production
I'm keeping: Stan's Fez, F's Laptop, Pacifica's Dog, and ☆Bill's Top Hat☆

It's possible. I don't know why everyone wants the ShapeShifter back so badly, but I could definitely see this happening.
Made by FunnyFany
[Image: latest?cb=20150502165211]
[Image: donkey_kong_fan_button__updated__by_requ...5h4w0c.png]
DK is coming to steal your bananas. And kick some ass. And steal more bananas.
Not really wanting him back, but since he's such a big threat and could easily trick anyone, why shelve him away in his only episode?
NEW image in production

I agree this sounds possible. But I wonder what the shape-shifter could hope to achieve from doing so, if anything.
Mayhem, revenge, attacking the Author, something we don't yet know that could have happened in the past, a number of things
NEW image in production

A possible scenario: They unfreeze him. He starts acting super strange around the author, although he seems fine to the rest of the gang - a little too much, actually; almost as if nothing had happened. Meanwhile, Dipper is doing whatever in the town (helping people fix things up, maybe) and he meets Pacifica. They start talking and Dipper vents his frustrations. She convinces him to forgive his family (or at least Mabel) because she sees how close they are to each other. He heads to the Bunker (since the shack is destroyed and the place sems to be a logical conclusion for a temporary shelter). In the bunker, Mabel confronts Shapeshifter!Dipper about his strange behavior, and he dodges her questions with vague answers. Someone in the control room sees in a monitor the real Dipper outside the secret entrance, reaching for the lever-branch with a stick. They find out about the shapeshifter. The episode ends on a cliffhanger.

Wow, this was unecessarily long and way too lame. But yeah, I imagine he will be back.
SOON.
I know I want the Shapeshifter to come back. He was AWESOME!! One of my favorite monsters!!

I'd actually like to see it happen something like that happen. I'd love to see G.S scared that one of the kids has gotten hurt. I'd probably tear up a little
[Image: C6WcSq8VAAA1XiK.png] [Image: 58bf3199c9b3883486684133.gif]
Something I've noticed is that, even when dangerous problems like the Gremloblin or dinosaurs are introduced, it's very rare for the show to permanently "solve" the problems presented in an episode. The Gremloblin is still out there somewhere, there's still a magical copier in the Shack, you can still enter a code to summon your favorite Fight Fighter, the Gobblewonker still lurks in the lake; the list goes on. I always had a suspicion that this was intentional, so that some or all of these lingering phenomenon could be reused in the events leading up to the series' conclusion. Roundabout way of saying it, but I think rather than "wanting the shapeshifter back," it could be a matter of story structure that's just intuitive to pick up on (or not, I could be babbling nonsense as I have no education on the matter, lol).
maybe Bill will bring him back for help
(05-09-2015, 02:39 AM)Diremane Wrote: Something I've noticed is that, even when dangerous problems like the Gremloblin or dinosaurs are introduced, it's very rare for the show to permanently "solve" the problems presented in an episode. The Gremloblin is still out there somewhere, there's still a magical copier in the Shack, you can still enter a code to summon your favorite Fight Fighter, the Gobblewonker still lurks in the lake; the list goes on. I always had a suspicion that this was intentional, so that some or all of these lingering phenomenon could be reused in the events leading up to the series' conclusion. Roundabout way of saying it, but I think rather than "wanting the shapeshifter back," it could be a matter of story structure that's just intuitive to pick up on (or not, I could be babbling nonsense as I have no education on the matter, lol).

this
NEW image in production