0%
0 0%
5 impossible dice
85.71%
6 85.71%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

2x13 - Dungeons, Dungeons, & More Dungeons
(08-08-2015, 03:46 AM)DrKillpatient Wrote: I wonder if anyone noticed this however: How come Stanford knew of a character (the Impossibeast) that supposedly existed in an edition released years away from his being sucked into the Portal (that is, the "controversial" 1991-1992 edition)?

It could have been banned before, and was brought back for 1991-1992, which is why they are so controversial.
oh funk gotta dronk my honk
(08-08-2015, 03:51 AM)MysterySeeker Wrote:
(08-08-2015, 03:46 AM)DrKillpatient Wrote: I wonder if anyone noticed this however: How come Stanford knew of a character (the Impossibeast) that supposedly existed in an edition released years away from his being sucked into the Portal (that is, the "controversial" 1991-1992 edition)?

It could have been banned before, and was brought back for 1991-1992, which is why they are so controversial.
That's basically it, yeah.
It was banned, brought back 1991, then rebanned.
presumably being banned (and therefore existing) before Ford visited Gravity Falls.
Another Yung Venuz, from Abia (Click to View)
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1623]
I just re-watched DD&D, and a couple of things stuck out to me that didn't the first time I watched it. Now just bear with me here, because the first one's kind of a stretch.

1. So Stan's line when he and the girls were getting ready to watch Duck-tective put a weird thought in my head.

"I think we all remember where we were when we learned Duck-tective was shot."

This may get a little trigger-y, so be wary: concerning 9/11, a lot of people to this day say they know exactly where they were and what they were doing when it occurred. Now, I may just be overthinking it, but did the crew subtly nod at 9/11 there with Stan? Or can that line just be used universally for any situation? "I still remember where I was when [blank] happened." I wouldn't think Alex to lean toward something that...dark with the show's humor, even if it was masked under the rest of the plot. Yeah, my train of thought is weird.

2. Something that isn't that important but still worth it to point out: when everything is resolved at the end of the episode and Stan goes to apologize to Dipper for teasing him about the game, I think it was meant to show more than just him finally saying sorry to Dipper for something he does.

Not only does he sigh and look toward the ground in shame, he does it with Ford standing literally right next to him in the shot. At first you would think he'd be apologizing to the both of them, but no, instead he leans down, all attention on Dipper, and tells him he's sorry for making fun of his game. And as Stan continues talking to him, he doesn't once look to Ford or say anything to him. He mentions him when he says the two can still hang around, and when he says the game is just nerdy enough for the both of them. But he never says anything directly to his brother's face. No apology to him.

Basically, I think that little instance there was meant to punctuate Stan and Ford's ongoing conflict and the fact that, as okay as things seem, matters between them still aren't fine.

Thoughts?
[Image: grunkle_stan_fan_button_by_requestbuttons-d6f8c3l.png]
[Image: dipper_pines_fan_button_by_requestbuttons-d5oyg5h.png]
(08-09-2015, 01:41 AM)Mabel-icious Wrote: 2. Something that isn't that important but still worth it to point out: when everything is resolved at the end of the episode and Stan goes to apologize to Dipper for teasing him about the game, I think it was meant to show more than just him finally saying sorry to Dipper for something he does.

Not only does he sigh and look toward the ground in shame, he does it with Ford standing literally right next to him in the shot. At first you would think he'd be apologizing to the both of them, but no, instead he leans down, all attention on Dipper, and tells him he's sorry for making fun of his game. And as Stan continues talking to him, he doesn't once look to Ford or say anything to him. He mentions him when he says the two can still hang around, and when he says the game is just nerdy enough for the both of them. But he never says anything directly to his brother's face. No apology to him.

Basically, I think that little instance there was meant to punctuate Stan and Ford's ongoing conflict and the fact that, as okay as things seem, matters between them still aren't fine.

Thoughts?
The only reason I disagree with this is because Ford wasn't in-shot.
If he were, I would agree wholeheartedly.
Mabel-icious I do agree with you. This was exactly my thought when i watched that scene. i totally expected stan to apologize to his brother, but he turned to Dipper instead.
[Image: Ginger3_Copia.jpg]
(08-09-2015, 01:41 AM)Mabel-icious Wrote: 1. So Stan's line when he and the girls were getting ready to watch Duck-tective put a weird thought in my head.

"I think we all remember where we were when we learned Duck-tective was shot."

This may get a little trigger-y, so be wary: concerning 9/11, a lot of people to this day say they know exactly where they were and what they were doing when it occurred. Now, I may just be overthinking it, but did the crew subtly nod at 9/11 there with Stan? Or can that line just be used universally for any situation? "I still remember where I was when [blank] happened." I wouldn't think Alex to lean toward something that...dark with the show's humor, even if it was masked under the rest of the plot. Yeah, my train of thought is weird.

I thought it was pretty obvious that it was areference to events like this. I find it kinda funny, since Stan is talking about a cartoon like it's a big tragedy.
oh funk gotta dronk my honk
Well, I think we all remember where we were when we learned that Stan really had a twin brother.
[Image: S4G3Vhr.jpg]
(08-07-2015, 12:05 AM)TheDocofEternal Wrote: I really hate that one part of the episode that showed Mabel and Dipper drifting apart, the one in the bedroom. I love the arc, it gives feels, and it's really got me hoping to get the arc moving soon, but come on! "you got me..." why didn't she just talk to him about it? Why didn't she just say sorry? She rolled over and repeated it like "I can't make up for the rude jokes I've made on him, and it's impossible for me to say sorry."

They have a dang great relationship, if she said sorry, Dip probably wouldn't have been so hard on her, and if he was, THEN it would be a good Drifting-Apart scene. I've never really not liked a scene so much than this one, so maybe I'm being to hard on it?

Well the thing is it wasn't just that episode. Go back it the series, Mabel makes jokes about Dipper all the time. And think about this. When Pacifica made fun of Mabel in Irrational Treasure Dipper always had her back. And even though Mabel knows how it feels she never let up. So I think what happened was Dipper called her out on something that she never realized was really hurting him. But Mabel had done so much and so often that it just feels too late, that the damage was already done. So Dipper called her out on something, she knows he's right, but she has no idea how to apologize for something like this. What's easier? Apologizing for hurting someone's feelings once? Or hurting someone's feelings multiple times without really thinking about if it is hurting them?
[Image: C6WcSq8VAAA1XiK.png] [Image: 58bf3199c9b3883486684133.gif]
(08-09-2015, 02:58 PM)HONEYPANTS!! Wrote:
(08-07-2015, 12:05 AM)TheDocofEternal Wrote: I really hate that one part of the episode that showed Mabel and Dipper drifting apart, the one in the bedroom. I love the arc, it gives feels, and it's really got me hoping to get the arc moving soon, but come on! "you got me..." why didn't she just talk to him about it? Why didn't she just say sorry? She rolled over and repeated it like "I can't make up for the rude jokes I've made on him, and it's impossible for me to say sorry."

They have a dang great relationship, if she said sorry, Dip probably wouldn't have been so hard on her, and if he was, THEN it would be a good Drifting-Apart scene. I've never really not liked a scene so much than this one, so maybe I'm being to hard on it?

Well the thing is it wasn't just that episode. Go back it the series, Mabel makes jokes about Dipper all the time. And think about this. When Pacifica made fun of Mabel in Irrational Treasure Dipper always had her back. And even though Mabel knows how it feels she never let up. So I think what happened was Dipper called her out on something that she never realized was really hurting him. But Mabel had done so much and so often that it just feels too late, that the damage was already done. So Dipper called her out on something, she knows he's right, but she has no idea how to apologize for something like this. What's easier? Apologizing for hurting someone's feelings once? Or hurting someone's feelings multiple times without really thinking about if it is hurting them?
You win the prize, I didn't even notice that.
Wow honey, I didn't notice that. Nice.
~~If you have concerns, please send it to one of the mods~~