0 0%
5 impossible dice
85.71%
6 85.71%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

2x13 - Dungeons, Dungeons, & More Dungeons
(08-09-2015, 02:21 PM)MysterySeeker Wrote:
(08-09-2015, 01:41 AM)Mabel-icious Wrote: 1. So Stan's line when he and the girls were getting ready to watch Duck-tective put a weird thought in my head.

"I think we all remember where we were when we learned Duck-tective was shot."

This may get a little trigger-y, so be wary: concerning 9/11, a lot of people to this day say they know exactly where they were and what they were doing when it occurred. Now, I may just be overthinking it, but did the crew subtly nod at 9/11 there with Stan? Or can that line just be used universally for any situation? "I still remember where I was when [blank] happened." I wouldn't think Alex to lean toward something that...dark with the show's humor, even if it was masked under the rest of the plot. Yeah, my train of thought is weird.

I thought it was pretty obvious that it was areference to events like this. I find it kinda funny, since Stan is talking about a cartoon like it's a big tragedy.

Yeah, for some reason that just immediately popped into my head. But I guess a line like that can be used in any situation, heh heh. It is funny when something that isn't that big of a deal is made out to be some kind of big tragedy.

(08-09-2015, 03:50 AM)Ontheceiling Wrote:
(08-09-2015, 01:41 AM)Mabel-icious Wrote: 2. Something that isn't that important but still worth it to point out: when everything is resolved at the end of the episode and Stan goes to apologize to Dipper for teasing him about the game, I think it was meant to show more than just him finally saying sorry to Dipper for something he does.

Not only does he sigh and look toward the ground in shame, he does it with Ford standing literally right next to him in the shot. At first you would think he'd be apologizing to the both of them, but no, instead he leans down, all attention on Dipper, and tells him he's sorry for making fun of his game. And as Stan continues talking to him, he doesn't once look to Ford or say anything to him. He mentions him when he says the two can still hang around, and when he says the game is just nerdy enough for the both of them. But he never says anything directly to his brother's face. No apology to him.

Basically, I think that little instance there was meant to punctuate Stan and Ford's ongoing conflict and the fact that, as okay as things seem, matters between them still aren't fine.

Thoughts?
The only reason I disagree with this is because Ford wasn't in-shot.
If he were, I would agree wholeheartedly.

Yes, but isn't it still odd how he never apologized to Ford? I mean, sure he wasn't cold to him or anything, but he did ignore him, and it's making me leery. I think it's hard for him to say anything apologetic to his twin, considering what happened between them in the end of the last episode. And by apologizing to Ford I mean, "Sorry for throwing down that dice, sorry for making fun of your game," and so on.

On another note though, it's great to see Stan finally apologizing to Dipper for something.

Ah man, and later when they're watching Duck-tective Ford isn't even in the room with them. It's probably just because it isn't his cup of tea, but I kind of wanted a cute scene with all of them gathered around in the end.
[Image: grunkle_stan_fan_button_by_requestbuttons-d6f8c3l.png]
[Image: dipper_pines_fan_button_by_requestbuttons-d5oyg5h.png]
(08-09-2015, 08:39 PM)Mabel-icious Wrote:
(08-09-2015, 03:50 AM)Ontheceiling Wrote:
(08-09-2015, 01:41 AM)Mabel-icious Wrote: 2. Something that isn't that important but still worth it to point out: when everything is resolved at the end of the episode and Stan goes to apologize to Dipper for teasing him about the game, I think it was meant to show more than just him finally saying sorry to Dipper for something he does.

Not only does he sigh and look toward the ground in shame, he does it with Ford standing literally right next to him in the shot. At first you would think he'd be apologizing to the both of them, but no, instead he leans down, all attention on Dipper, and tells him he's sorry for making fun of his game. And as Stan continues talking to him, he doesn't once look to Ford or say anything to him. He mentions him when he says the two can still hang around, and when he says the game is just nerdy enough for the both of them. But he never says anything directly to his brother's face. No apology to him.

Basically, I think that little instance there was meant to punctuate Stan and Ford's ongoing conflict and the fact that, as okay as things seem, matters between them still aren't fine.

Thoughts?
The only reason I disagree with this is because Ford wasn't in-shot.
If he were, I would agree wholeheartedly.

Yes, but isn't it still odd how he never apologized to Ford? I mean, sure he wasn't cold to him or anything, but he did ignore him, and it's making me leery. I think it's hard for him to say anything apologetic to his twin, considering what happened between them in the end of the last episode. And by apologizing to Ford I mean, "Sorry for throwing down that dice, sorry for making fun of your game". And so on.
I'm serious. Literally the only reason I'm disagreeing is because Ford wasn't in shot during the apology.
If it happens again, I'll have no excuse.
Another Yung Venuz, from Abia (Click to View)
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1623]
Ontheceiling Wrote:I'm serious. Literally the only reason I'm disagreeing is because Ford wasn't in shot during the apology.
If it happens again, I'll have no excuse.

Yeah. Well, I guess we'll see what happens.
[Image: grunkle_stan_fan_button_by_requestbuttons-d6f8c3l.png]
[Image: dipper_pines_fan_button_by_requestbuttons-d5oyg5h.png]
Kinda just stumbled upon this.: http://blogs.disney.com/insider/2015/08/...-dungeons/

Remember people discussing the 4th wall breakage with ducktective? Because this in particular stood out:

"This is a particularly reflexive episode—at one point Stan describes Duck-Tective having “a big mystery element and a lot of humor that goes over kids heads,” while later, when the big twist on the show is revealed, Mable exclaims, “He had a twin brother all along? That’s the big twist we were waiting for?” Was it fun to address the audience like that?

It’s always fun to write the little bit of TV that the characters watch in Gravity Falls, because it’s a perfect place to poke fun at the media. Obviously this time we were poking fun at ourselves. Our fans are so good at solving mysteries that they’d figured out some of our big secrets ages ago; this was our way of letting them know we were impressed."
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
^that's a good article
Fun fact

Did anyone notice that the dungeons dungeons and more dungeons game was made by ballway games who the pinball machine in Bottomless Pit said was his maker
^ I did Hehe!
[Image: 10632367_867761079932188_880466293_n.jpg]
I remember Soos made multiple references to the fandom in the episode, saying he predicted Ducktective's twin brother "a year ago" and that Ducktective (the show) is meant for all ages and is not just a kids show. Parallels to Gravity Falls? EH? EHHHHH? No i'm not canadae
i am NOT a swede;
See also: the last two to three pages
This was mentioned about twice.
Another Yung Venuz, from Abia (Click to View)
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1623]
I wish that when Dipper and Ford were playing D, D, and D I wish that Dipper told Ford that there is a D, D, and D movie that sucks incredibly hard. A little reference to the 2000 Dungeons & Dragons movie that is laughably bad.