Journal 3 Replica!
I just wanted to say did anyone notice the drop in price with the Special Edition? Holy sh*tballs it went from £140 to £77!
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
Well, if you ordered from Amazon, you have only to pay the £77
I ordered mine from Amazon back when it was released (which I think was almost a year ago) and it was $150.
Triangulum, entangulum.
Veneforis dominus ventium. Veneforis venetisarium.
[Image: weirdmageddon2_by_cuppycakekitty-d9kdjsm.png][Image: bill_cipher_fan_button_by_taffytamuttonf...8iduwp.png]
"We'll meet again... don't know where, don't know when...
but I know we'll meet again some sunny day..."
Yeah I know dj. Just wanted to point out in case the price was more to peoples liking now.
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
I finally managed to steal borrow these from those freaks in the tinfoil hats. They were rather hospitable at first, until I glanced a suspicious eye at an isosceles-shaped statue. They began pelting me with 'redeeming rocks', as they called them, yelling incoherently like mad men! Rambling on about bringing some curse upon the very core of humanity. I was glad to get out of there. Too much blinding yellow for my tastes.

[Image: XkLXmvZ.jpg]
[Image: 2DrtlY1.jpgg] [Image: K6CxXsV.jpg]
[Image: alHUKQy.jpg] [Image: 9q5WLzY.jpg]
[Image: JfcCqsW.png]
[Image: JfcCqsW.png]
My Review Of The Journal 3 Special Edition

Ever since the first episode of Gravity Falls Tourist Trapped aired five years ago, many fans of the show have wished that they could have a real live version of Journal 3. We kind of got our wish in 2013 when the Gravity Falls DVD came with a mini Journal 3 booklet, but that left a lot of us disappointed and hoping for a true version of the Journal. We finally got our wish at New York Comic Con 2015 when Alex Hirsch announced that Disney is publishing a big and long version of GF's Journal 3 with a lot of pages we've seen in the show plus a lot of new ones in 2016. I was originally planning on getting the normal version of the book, but after they announced the special blacklight edition a few months later, I decided to wait for that to come out instead (Had to wait longer than I thought when the pushed the release date back).

I finally got it last week and was originally going to post a review of it the day after I finished it, but I decided to reread some parts and think about it a bit more before jumping ahead. Now, I feel like I'm ready.

(There will be some spoilers in this review).

Positives

The book is very true to the actual Journal in the series. Like we were promised, it has a lot of the pages we've seen before in the series talking about the weird creatures and objects in Gravity Falls (The Gnomes, Zombies, Ghosts, Bill Cipher, etc), but it also has a lot of brand new pages (Plaidypus, Cowl, Portal Potty, Moth Man, etc). The way the book is written is also just like the series with the very small cursive writing (Thank goodness it came with the monocle), and the art and drawings that Dipper, Mabel, and Ford make is fantastic (We already knew that Mabel could draw, didn't know Dipper's drawing could be equally good). I also love the Special Edition's cover. It's made of leather and doesn't have the GF logo on it like the normal Journal has. And, unlike the Time Pirates book, this long and huge book actually has a bookmark.

The first part of the book covers Ford's first 6 years in Gravity Falls, a lot of the creatures he studied, his relationship with Fiddleford McGucket, his first meeting with Bill Cipher, how Bill nearly drove him insane, and him created the portal. It's very fascinating to read. I always thought Ford was a cool and interesting character in the series, but I also felt that his character development was rushed and we didn't get enough of his backstory (And I still feel that way), but reading this Journal gives more backstory to Ford and his relationships with McGucket (And how it originally feel apart) and Bill. It's very compelling. And I love how it ends with the Trust No One page.

The second part of the Journal takes place during the present when Dipper finds it and it has most of his and Mabel's adventures written down. Most of the pages are written by Dipper, but you also get a few written by Mabel and even a couple by Soos. And it has the very fun and witty dialogue from the show. We also get a couple of cool fun facts about some of the characters (Like the Northwest Ghost being an ancestor of Wendy, Rumble's full name, Quentin Trembly's relationship with Andrew Jackson, What happened to Wax Larry King, etc).

The third part goes back to Ford after he returns from interdenominational travel and being worried about Bill's return. The book does a very good job of telling us what he did in those other worlds like becoming a wanted fugitive, revisiting Bill's Nightmare Relem, and going to weird worlds like a dinosaur world and a baby world. We also get some more info on the UFO and some of it's tech. Even though that info isn't really necessary, it's cool to hear about.

That part ends once Weirdmageddon starts. After that event, we get a couple of blank pages, and then we get Dipper and Ford sharing writing credits on the last part of the book, Dipper moving on to his own book, and the old Journal being thrown into the Bottomless Pit after a family campfire. Very nice ending.

As far as the blacklight messages/paragraphs go, they are fun. They don't reveal anything major, but they are fun to read and can reveal some weird and creepy stuff like how gnomes can smell fear, that ghosts have exoskeletons, and how Bill and Stanley Kubrick teamed up to fake the Moon Landing.

The Negatives

While the book has almost all of the pages from the actual show, I noticed there was one missing. The Percepshrooms. Kind of odd that they left that out. Also, during the present day pages, the events every episode from Tourist Trapped to Not What He Seems are written in the book by Dipper and Mabel except for Dipper Vs Manliness, Little Dipper, Boyz Crazy, and Little Gift Shop Of Horrors. If you're going to recap the episodes in this book, you should recap all of them.

I do feel like the present day parts of the book could been a bit more balanced with Dipper and Mabel's notes (I know it's Dipper who found the journal and he should have more pages written than Mabel, but I still think they could've balanced it out more like the Mystery and Fun Guide Book that came out a few years ago).

While a lot of he fun facts revealed in the book are pretty cool, fun, and/or humorous, some of the big stuff that's revealed comes across as deleted scenes and should've been shown in the actual show (The love potion wearing off after 3 hours, Bill killing his own family, where Gideon found Journal 2, What happened to Dipper Clones 3 and 4, Bill's letter to Mabel after the events of Sock Opera, what happened to Blendin after Weirdmageddon, Dipper telling Ford that his real name is Mason, Dipper getting his own Journal, some Ford and Mabel bonding, Ford and McGucket's reunion, etc). I obviously don't know for a fact if they are deleted scenes or not, but they come across that way and should've been in the show.

Overall, Gravity Falls Journal 3 Special Edition is a most own if you are a fan of the show. It stays true to the show's Journal, has great writing and art, provides more backstory on Ford, and reveals some cool fun facts about the characters and creatures.

My score. 4/5

What are your thoughts on the book? Thanks and stay weird Fallers.
[Image: mabel_pines_fan_button_by_requestbuttons-d5j5abu.png]
Gift Shop of Horrors' stories aren't canon.

Amazon really fucked up my preorder and I won't be getting my book until middle of july, which sucks because I preordered last november so that exactly this scenario would NOT happen.
oh funk gotta dronk my honk
I don't know when I'll get my copy so I might be in the same boat. On the bright side I might get a cool birthday gift.
Madness is Amazingness!
[Image: tumblr_nyb3peWkus1uq9ys2o1_500.gif]
My mother pre ordered Journal 3 special edition for my birthday, I have just found out that I will not be getting it anymore. You'd think they'd know how many people pre ordered the journal and they would make enough for everyone! 
My birthday is completely ruined now. I am just extremely disappointed in Gravity Falls and I honesty expected better then this.
"Princess Unattainabelle beckons you" Hehe!
(06-28-2017, 07:44 PM)Timelapse11 Wrote: My mother pre ordered Journal 3 special edition for my birthday, I have just found out that I will not be getting it anymore. You'd think they'd know how many people pre ordered the journal and they would make enough for everyone! 
My birthday is completely ruined now. I am just extremely disappointed in Gravity Falls and I honesty expected better then this.

That sucks! :( You would think they'd stop taking preorders when all 10,000 of them were sold.
Triangulum, entangulum.
Veneforis dominus ventium. Veneforis venetisarium.
[Image: weirdmageddon2_by_cuppycakekitty-d9kdjsm.png][Image: bill_cipher_fan_button_by_taffytamuttonf...8iduwp.png]
"We'll meet again... don't know where, don't know when...
but I know we'll meet again some sunny day..."