60.00%
45 60.00%
Total 75 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

1x01 - Tourist Trapped
I think we should hopefully I making it farther than I did last time

Summerween or Deep End somewhere in there
[Image: Pete+Dunne+Bitter+End+to+Roy+Johnson.gif]
(06-08-2016, 06:05 AM)HONEYPANTS!! Wrote: Hey guys, so in honor of our beloved show coming to a close and that summer is here once again I thought it would be fun to take a look back on Gravity Falls by re-watching all the episodes and reviewing them. It should be interesting to see what we think now that the show has ended. So I'll be re-watching episodes and giving episode reviews and discussions are welcome. I'd love to see how much our perspectives have changed.

Reddit had the idea of a re-watch so we were going to follow that time table on the synch. I'll make a post about it later today.
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
Well well well, happy birthday Gravity Falls!

Well, I guess this would be a perfect time to start my episode reviews

So, episode 1 Tourist Trapped

Honestly I think this is a good episode but also one of the best pilots I've seen. I've never seen a pilot capture the spirit and atmosphere of the show so well in it's first episode like Gravity Falls.I still adore the scene where Dipper finds Journal 3 just for the atmosphere. Most pilots are mostly uninteresting, not a lot happens and really have no rewatch value. Gravity Falls throws in just enough funny humor and plot to keep the episode interesting. However, the only problem is other episodes really boost up the humor and clever twists, so this episode becomes more average as time goes on But with that said Tourist Trapped has the benefit of being a good opening to newcomers but also a fun bit of fun nostalgia for fans. Tell me you don't get nostalgic when you watch Dipper find Journal 3 or when Stan enters the vending machine, remember those days. Even as a first episode it still has lots of great moments like "it's Jam!". As a Gravity Falls episode it's mostly average with some good moments, As a pilot it's super effective giving off a great atmosphere so early on and it's a great bit of nostalgia for fans
RATING: 7/10
[Image: C6WcSq8VAAA1XiK.png] [Image: 58bf3199c9b3883486684133.gif]
Wow, it was 4 Years ago, when Gravity Falls aired for the first time

Well, Happy Birthday Gravity Falls
Indeed, happy birthday! Four years go by so fast in retrospect.
Ah, June 2012. By that time, I wouldn't have chosen to watch Gravity Falls for another two years.

Both a good, and a bad thing.
“Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending.” ― C. JoyBell C.
[Image: Sig.gif]
Hot damn! Four long years, and here we are.
Made by FunnyFany
[Image: latest?cb=20150502165211]
[Image: donkey_kong_fan_button__updated__by_requ...5h4w0c.png]
DK is coming to steal your bananas. And kick some ass. And steal more bananas.
Wow, it's been that long? Holy crap...

Happy Birthday, Gravity Falls!
Triangulum, entangulum.
Veneforis dominus ventium. Veneforis venetisarium.
[Image: weirdmageddon2_by_cuppycakekitty-d9kdjsm.png][Image: bill_cipher_fan_button_by_taffytamuttonf...8iduwp.png]
"We'll meet again... don't know where, don't know when...
but I know we'll meet again some sunny day..."
Who else is going to be watching a marathon of this great show?
Madness is Amazingness!
[Image: tumblr_nyb3peWkus1uq9ys2o1_500.gif]
Still one of my favourite episodes!
[Image: 12KKcZW.gif]