Book Throwing
(10-27-2015, 12:47 AM)ktalexander75 Wrote:
(10-11-2015, 09:19 AM)GravityFallsGirl Wrote: Twilight. It was that stupid.
Also, I am David. We had to read it for school last year and I hated it.

You had to read it for school? I would have started a riot if I was forced to read that piece of junk.

For me, a book that I wanted to throw while reading it was The Maze Runner. I know it's all popular and stuff, but I just didn't like how it was, especially near the end. Didn't want to read the others because of it. I mean, I know dystopian books are popular and stuff, but that was pretty bad.

thank you...
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
(10-27-2015, 01:19 AM)Hanaurie Wrote:
(10-27-2015, 12:47 AM)ktalexander75 Wrote:
(10-11-2015, 09:19 AM)GravityFallsGirl Wrote: Twilight. It was that stupid.

You had to read it for school? I would have started a riot if I was forced to read that piece of junk.

For me, a book that I wanted to throw while reading it was The Maze Runner. I know it's all popular and stuff, but I just didn't like how it was, especially near the end. Didn't want to read the others because of it. I mean, I know dystopian books are popular and stuff, but that was pretty bad.

thank you...

Right? I mean, it was cool in theory, but I don't think James Dashner did a good job at all. Plus the plot is sooooo slow, and it's just...bad.
Pines Bros. Character (Click to View)

[Image: large.gif]
^The whole thing is a train wreck. It's cobbled together bits of other already popular stories which would but fine if it made an iota of sense!!!
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
(10-27-2015, 01:59 AM)Hanaurie Wrote: ^The whole thing is a train wreck. It's cobbled together bits of other already popular stories which would but fine if it made an iota of sense!!!

The maze part was cool. Everything else was a mish mosh of other things.
Pines Bros. Character (Click to View)

[Image: large.gif]
This book was so bad I didn't even finish. It was Inkheart. It moved SO SLOWWWW!And the exiting parts lasted no more than 5 pages!!!
Bill Cipher (Click to View)
[Image: 19aa19032b0674bf3d33967b7d301c6b.gif]
^Haha, my sister LOVES that book.
The Mayor of Casterbridge. I didn't throw it across the room (I didn't even finish it), but it was SO BORING! Its actually a shame, because the plot is pretty cool (read a synopsis), and Thomas Hardy is definitely not a terrible writer, judging by his poetry, but this book took the Charles Dickens route of making every sentence as long, convoluted and boring as possible. To be fair, it was the style at the time (Henry James is another good example), but this style did not age well, and it happens to be present in so many "classic" books and I absolutely hate it. Also, Great Expectations, for the same reasons. I do like Henry James though. Daisy Miller and Turning of the Screw are really good, but they are good despite the above reasons, definitely not because of them.
[Image: giffany_button_by_sparrowag17-d9k3kov.png]
[Image: tumblr_ndbolzrktU1qhccbco7_250.gif] [Image: tumblr_ndbolzrktU1qhccbco2_250.gif]
Clara Callan by Richard B. Wright. I loved the story, which is set mostly in Depression era Canada (with some scenes in New York City and Italy) and the way it was written (epistolary; the story moves through diaries and letters by the characters) until I got to the ending which is flash forward decades later into the 2000s revealing many heartbreaking stuff that happened to most of the main characters. I am not a fan of stuff that jump quickly into another period after getting in the zone with one. I swear, I wanted to tear those last pages.
So yeah, I threw the book by giving it to my friend who visited me and telling her to give it to this other friend of ours living in another city.
[Image: tumblr_m50a7zX1S41rxzdbwo1_500.gif]
(10-27-2015, 01:28 AM)ktalexander75 Wrote:
(10-27-2015, 01:19 AM)Hanaurie Wrote:
(10-27-2015, 12:47 AM)ktalexander75 Wrote: [quote='GravityFallsGirl' pid='190105' dateline='1444547973']
Twilight. It was that stupid.

thank you...

Right? I mean, it was cool in theory, but I don't think James Dashner did a good job at all. Plus the plot is sooooo slow, and it's just...bad.
I'm not the only one that thought that? *mindblown*
[Image: tumblr_msneb3uvKx1qe8ujwo8_500.gif]
I honestly have no idea how it got a movie. I'd hardly even heard about it before the first film came out. Makes no sense whatsoever.