Book Throwing
I'd never, ever, heard of the book before the movie came out. Also, I wanted to throw Inkheart while reading it as well. I didn't even finish it, I got so bored.
[Image: tumblr_msneb3uvKx1qe8ujwo8_500.gif]
^YOU TOO! What is up with that? I smell death fish here... >:/

Bwahaha, my sister loves that book to death and wouldn't shut up abt it. I think I picked it up and never finished it. I think the only positive character I remember was the book lady. The main protagonist was kinda uninteresting and so was the dude...washisnamewhoeatsfire...Dustfinger (had to look him up).

She also liked Twilight and bought the whole series in one go despite my warnings which I'll never let her forget. She still defends it. :P
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
Wow, you remembered way more than me.
I just clung to the crazy book collector lady as the one good thing to keep me going I believe. So I remember her.

I also remember not getting the point of the whole affair. That's really it.

(I'm going to create a trash books thread now...)
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
Good idea. I have heaps of trash books to talk about....
It is done...
Endless Night by Agatha Christie is a piece of shit and I will defend this opinion. Here's a book that really goes out of it's way to insult the readers intelligence. And I've mentioned before how hit and miss Agatha Christie can be but I Endless Night is probably the worst thing she has written. I say probably because I haven't read all of Christie although the thought of their being something worse out there does send shivers down my spine.

For a little insight, I got this book for my sister because it came recommended out of all of Christie's and I wanted something to complement Crooked House (which is one of the good ones). A lot of people like this one and it confuses me to no end. I do not understand how anyone can enjoy this book unless it's their first mystery or gothic style book because it tries and it fails at both.

This is a story about a young, working-class man named Michael Rogers. He narrates the story of how he meets Fenella "Ellie" Guteman, a wealthy heiress, who yearns for a life outside of her judgmental and pompous inner circle of relatives and advisers. Ellie and Michael form a romantic relationship and decide to marry but when moving into their new home they're harassed by an old gypsy lady who threatens to curse Ellie...The vast majority of the book is painfully boring filler about the two and their love for one another until

I usually hate it when people complain they saw the twist coming a mile away when it really wasn't obvious so I'm sorry but it was painfully obvious to me where she was going with this long before the twist was revealed and I was hoping against hope it wouldn't be the case because it would mean very poor, contrived writing of Christie's part. And even though what Christie was trying to write would have been impressive she completely fails, using her usual cheap tactics

I'm not mad because I didn't see the twist, I'm mad because it was poorly executed and a complete waste of time and suffering through painful filler.

...No I didn't throw it but I did feel an overwhelming feeling of disgust for this book.
The Great Gatsby. Stupid summer assignments. . .
[Image: C6WcSq8VAAA1XiK.png] [Image: 58bf3199c9b3883486684133.gif]
(07-29-2016, 04:24 AM)HONEYPANTS!! Wrote: The Great Gatsby. Stupid summer assignments. . .

That was the ONE summer reading book I hated in high school. I found it boring and bleh.

Watership Down, on the other hand, I loved.
Triangulum, entangulum.
Veneforis dominus ventium. Veneforis venetisarium.
[Image: weirdmageddon2_by_cuppycakekitty-d9kdjsm.png][Image: bill_cipher_fan_button_by_taffytamuttonf...8iduwp.png]
"We'll meet again... don't know where, don't know when...
but I know we'll meet again some sunny day..."
(07-29-2016, 04:35 AM)JoyStar Wrote:
(07-29-2016, 04:24 AM)HONEYPANTS!! Wrote: The Great Gatsby. Stupid summer assignments. . .

That was the ONE summer reading book I hated in high school. I found it boring and bleh.

Watership Down, on the other hand, I loved.

I agree 100%

I also hate everything Shakespeare. Don't get me wrong I respect the guy but man do I hate reading his work.
[Image: C6WcSq8VAAA1XiK.png] [Image: 58bf3199c9b3883486684133.gif]