5 brochures about spider people
12.50%
1 12.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

2x16 - Roadside Attraction
OOOH, first and second with Steven Universe, now it airs the same day as SvTFoE
[Image: eBFRoNj.gif]
This episode sounds pretty cute, actually! Aside from the whole "character that will give you literal nightmares" mumbo jumbo, the synopsis gives it a really relaxed vibe.

And that's my concern. For Gideon apparently breaking out of prison, Bill Cipher making a comeback, and all the other dark speculation about "The Last Mabelcorn", it seems kind of weird that the episode after it is just...not focusing on that at all. Blowing over it, making it seem like nothing bad happened in TLM. At least not bad enough for it to carry into the next episode. We'll just have to see both of them, I guess.
[Image: grunkle_stan_fan_button_by_requestbuttons-d6f8c3l.png]
[Image: dipper_pines_fan_button_by_requestbuttons-d5oyg5h.png]
Hey, let's not fall into the synopsis trap, right?
(08-29-2015, 12:12 AM)presto Wrote: Hey, let's not fall into the synopsis trap, right?

I'm pretty sure the episode description on my guide goes into more depth, but the actual one isn't up yet. Only the episode name.
(08-28-2015, 11:40 PM)Mabel-icious Wrote: This episode sounds pretty cute, actually! Aside from the whole "character that will give you literal nightmares" mumbo jumbo, the synopsis gives it a really relaxed vibe.

And that's my concern. For Gideon apparently breaking out of prison, Bill Cipher making a comeback, and all the other dark speculation about "The Last Mabelcorn", it seems kind of weird that the episode after it is just...not focusing on that at all. Blowing over it, making it seem like nothing bad happened in TLM. At least not bad enough for it to carry into the next episode. We'll just have to see both of them, I guess.

This episode is probably an excuse to give Gideon enough time to attack while Stan and the twins are out, I mean, Ford would be all alone in the Mystery Shack and he knows nothing about Gideon and the fact that Bill is back.
[Image: tumblr_o2ox95o2pr1tusjrqo1_500.png]
(08-29-2015, 12:21 AM)Mabel-icious Wrote:
(08-29-2015, 12:12 AM)presto Wrote: Hey, let's not fall into the synopsis trap, right?

I'm pretty sure the episode description on my guide goes into more depth, but the actual one isn't up yet. Only the episode name.

Can you tell me how it was more in-depth?
(08-29-2015, 12:36 AM)presto Wrote:
(08-29-2015, 12:21 AM)Mabel-icious Wrote:

Can you tell me how it was more in-depth?

Well, I mean the episode name is on my guide, just not the description. When it comes up I'll tell you.
(08-28-2015, 10:38 PM)Floating Eyeball Wrote: Darlene might not actually be scary, 'literal nightmares' could mean some horse creature rather than being terrifying. I'd prefer it the other way, but it might be like this if they're trying to be calmer. Or, since Bill's supposed to be in E15, she might have dream-related powers.

Calling it now, she's a much better scammer and con-artist than Grunkle Stan is.
Stan has run into his literal match and she's not going to let him steal or steal any ideas from her attractions without a fight.
Because if her attractions are like the ones in "Roadside Picnic" and benefit her Tourist Trap greatly, she has every notion of not letting something like that go into someone else's hands.
And she's going to heavily retaliate if they are taken from her.

Bet you that Mabel will help Stan to try to woo Darlene, so he is able to steal from her. Or that plan utterly fails...

Also agreeing with Rock Face. This just gives Gideon time to attack the Shack while Stan, Dipper, and Mabel are away.
Don't show a hyena how well you can bite.--Mandi proverb

Join in the Christmas spirit in the Mystery Shack's Official Secret Santa thread!
Having such a filler-like activity as leaving town for a road trip means to me that nothing very serious can happen in TLM, or that whatever happens will seem dealt wirh by the end. They wouldn't leave otherwise.
(09-01-2015, 05:47 AM)RockSunner Wrote: Having such a filler-like activity as leaving town for a road trip means to me that nothing very serious can happen in TLM, or that whatever happens will seem dealt wirh by the end. They wouldn't leave otherwise.

What could happen in the end for The Last Mabelcorn leading into Roadside Attraction:
Stanford deems Gravity Falls temporarily unsafe from what is revealed in that episode and encourages that Stan, Dipper, and Mabel take the trip for their safety. Dipper and Mabel are lied to on what the trip is about to take their minds off any unease that they have.
Especially, if Stanley is the only one Stanford talks to in secret about this. Stanley would easily spin a story that the trip is to check out what the other roadside places are doing and to sabotage them.

What could happen in the end for Roadside Attraction leading into the next episode:
Stan, Dipper, and Mabel return with the stolen goods only to find the Shack besieged or attacked by certain forces.
Stanford is missing and has taken anything really important with him as he fled from the situation for the time being.
Dipper will get the idea that Stanford probably went to the bunker for impromptu shelter.

If Gideon escaped and went instantly to the Shack for revenge: Stanford left knowing that Gideon cannot get to the secret floors beneath the shack. Especially, as Gideon is also unaware those floors exist.
So Stanford leaves with the Journals in hand.
With Gideon trying to uproot everything in his path to find Stanford.

Stanford could certainly take Gideon down by himself, but he would know he would be beat if Gideon had numbers on his side (Gideon's prison mates).
Don't show a hyena how well you can bite.--Mandi proverb

Join in the Christmas spirit in the Mystery Shack's Official Secret Santa thread!