Splatoon
I am suprised there hasnt been a thread for this game yet.

[Image: Splatoon-Header.jpg]

I started playing the game a few weeks after it's release, and i gotta say, it's pretty good! I finished the singleplayer campaign in a few days, and reached the A+ rang in ranked Battles a while ago.
Really, the only negative thing i could think of, is that the gear you can buy is randomized, so i always get like two new pieces of clothing everyday, and have to wait a whole day until i can buy new ones.

I also chose the female character, just because i dont like the hairstyle of the boy inklings.
oh funk gotta dronk my honk
Okay, so I also play this game.
I usually play it when I get sick of playing smash, or when a certain number of updates have piled up.
I gotta say, it's a tight game with some good mechanics,
and the online is the best of any nintendo game.
I don't really care about getting all the gear, I just buy something when I need a certain setup.
I usually run around with 2 slot items on until I go into ranked.
My favorite weapons are the custom blaster and L-3. I think both of those count as blasters, because they fire only when you press the button, not just holding it down.
Roller classes are good on certain maps, but I usually go with shooters or the faster chargers.
I liked the old Urchin Underpass. It was designed around that one hill on either side, and I could actually make the gap jump unassisted.
It's got a good meta, and I hope that keeps it alive for a long while.
Another Yung Venuz, from Abia (Click to View)
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1623]
(08-28-2015, 03:35 AM)Ontheceiling Wrote: My favorite weapons are the custom blaster and L-3. I think both of those count as blasters, because they fire only when you press the button, not just holding it down.
Roller classes are good on certain maps, but I usually go with shooters or the faster chargers.
I personally prefere quick shooting weapons, as it allows me to move around faster and cover more area quickly. I tried using other weapon types, but aside from the roller, i get splattet all the time with them.

(08-28-2015, 03:35 AM)Ontheceiling Wrote: I liked the old Urchin Underpass. It was designed around that one hill on either side, and I could actually make the gap jump unassisted.
Yeah, i find the redesign a bit too large and open, which makes you very vulnerable to chargers, or just people who run up to you, because even though it is so big, there are still walls and the trees that block your view, making it very easy to get splatted from behind.
(08-28-2015, 04:29 AM)MysterySeeker Wrote: It's a bit too large and open, which makes you very vulnerable to chargers, or just people who run up to you, because even though it is so big, there are still walls and the trees that block your view, making it very easy to get splatted from behind.
It's not even the openness, it's just bigger. The whole charm of the old one was that whether your team lost or not was very easily controllable, you just had to get behind the little hill.
Now, the area with the most ground is between the grates. Snipers can't hide up on the side ledges any more because it's glass, and the only mode I feel benefits from the weird double-tower ledges leading out of the base is Tower control, because you can actually get back up those when the tower passes by them.
The sides are now super large, so it's possible for people to take a lot of ground without your notice. The new skate ramps allow hiding to be too easy, and the whole map had its focus shifted away from chargers and rollers to long range shooters like the duals.
(I should buy Splatoon)

Sorry Seeker, there is already a therad about splatoon:
http://www.mystery-shack.com/showthread.php?tid=2461

Irony of fate
Well, We've spoken more sentences in this thread in five posts than that thread did in two pages, so I think we're good.
If anything, this thread should stay, since the preview stuff isn't needed anymore now that the game has been out.
Weird, that thread didnt show up when i searched. Oh well, if you think these should stay seperated, then that's how it's gonna be. If anyone disagrees, just let me know.

So, back on topic. My favorite modes are "Tower Controll" and "Rainmaker", they just are the most fun. It's really frustrating when you're team runs off and does their own thing, while you have to defend yourself all on your own.
(08-28-2015, 09:10 PM)MysterySeeker Wrote: Weird, that thread didnt show up when i searched. Oh well, if you think these should stay seperated, then that's how it's gonna be. If anyone disagrees, just let me know.

So, back on topic. My favorite modes are "Tower Controll" and "Rainmaker", they just are the most fun. It's really frustrating when you're team runs off and does their own thing, while you have to defend yourself all on your own.
It's weird, because I'm super good at Tower Control, but awful at Rainmaker. I'm decent in Zones.
So, i just figured out i am pretty good with the Luna Blaster. Should have given it a shot a long time ago.
The L-Blaster is really easy to use.
It's like the aerospray in that any noob can pick it up and be good with it
Which is probably why it's in my top five, just below the Forge Pro
The L-3's are really hard to use, though. Good for getting aces, but they have a steep learning curve.