A Carnival Comes to Town...
#1
Star 
It has been a long busy day and the light begins to fade. People making their way home whilst the small creatures of the night begin to wake, ready for the hunt.

Darkness begins to settle over your town. And although no one can quite place it something is different about tonight, something's in the air. Some imagine that they can hear snatches of certain sounds floating in the wind, a little like organ music perhaps or the tinkering of a hammer or the rustling of fabric in the breeze.

The wind blows through the streets like it has a mind of it's own. With it comes the sound of leaves scattering, at least, it sounds like leaves.

As the sun begins to rise in certain parts of the world, it reveals the massive tent tops that were raised in the night. They show off a dozen or so colours and draw attention from miles around. And everywhere flyers are posted along the streets, bright and cheerful. They read:

*Be Amazed At Feats Never Before Seen By Mortal Eyes*

*Witness the Wonders of The Overside Carnival*

*The Greatest Show the World Has Ever Known*

*This Night Only*

It would appear that a carnival has come to your town.
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
Reply
#2
Allanah watches as Wendy comes running down into the forest. ‘Allanah!’ she calls out. ‘Are you going to the carnival tonight? It’s probably the most interesting thing that’s happened here,’ Allanah stays silent, fingering her necklace, orange eyes focused on something distant, before finally replying ‘Maybe. I don’t know.’
‘C’mon dude, it’ll be fun!’
‘If you say so...’ She smiles. Quickly morphing into a fox, her eyes still as bright as ever, she bounds off into the depths of the forest.


(how am I doing?)
[Image: tumblr_msneb3uvKx1qe8ujwo8_500.gif]
Reply
#3
Vesta wakes up from her place next to the hearth. She uses her powers to stoke the fire and walks outside. She sees the bright lights, the color. She thought, a carnival? On Olympus? It must be good then. She begins to walk forward.
Pines Bros. Character (Click to View)

[Image: large.gif]
Reply
#4
(Gonna use Goku's wife for a second)

"Chichi!" Goku said, "Can I bring the boys to the carnival?"
"No! It'll rot their brains! Not to mention what all that carnival food will do to their teeth!" Said Chichi.
"Oh.... Well... Can I go?"
"Oh, that'd be so unfair!"
"Oh.... Well, I'm gonna go..... train. Training is a good Idea." Before Chichi could respond, Goku teleported to the nearest power level near the fair.
[Image: ygNoHCo.png?fb]
Reply
#5
(The show begins at nightfall^^)

Trumpets and an unusual assortment of instruments can be heard. A procession goes from street to street. Jugglers and acrobats along with a fire-breather or two. Two women made up as clowns hand out candy or balloons to children as they go along.
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
Reply
#6
Kotton Kandee opened her bright purple eyes slightly as the sun peeped into her room. She yawned, stretched, and got out of her bed, eyes fully open now. Her window was placed at the foot of her bed, so she walked over, stood up on her hind legs, and pushed it open, the cool morning breeze hitting her like a truck. Kandee got up onto her windowsill and took off, wings spread in the cool air.

During her routine fly around the town, greeting everyone she saw, a large, colorful tent caught her eye. What's that tent for? she wondered, flying over. Never before had she seen a tent this big and vibrant.

Once she arrived at the tent's closed entrance, she landed and walked up to the big sign. Reading it out loud to herself, her eyes lit up.

"A carnival? And it's only going to be here tonight? Count me in!"

As fast as she could, Kandee flew back to her home, getting her wallet and putting it on her bed so she wouldn't forget her plans. "I can't wait!"
My usual RPing site
I'm ~Principessa~Phantom~
Feel free to RP with me there! >w<
Come along with me...
Reply
#7
Might want to brush up on mythology if you don't understand, but will put stuff in spoilers at the end.
Vesta bumps into her brother Jupiter as she walks outside.
Jupiter thundered, 'Why aren't you stoking the hearth? It is your job.'
Vesta sighed and replied, 'Don't worry, little brother, it will only be an hour or two tonight. Then I will return to my responsibilities.'
He said, 'Very well. Just tonight.'

Pines Bros. Character (Click to View)

[Image: large.gif]
Reply
#8
(10-21-2015, 12:34 AM)ktalexander75 Wrote: Might want to brush up on mythology if you don't understand, but will put stuff in spoilers at the end.

(^Just to be clear: If your character needs people to understand additional information this is exactly what you should do. It's not fair to force people to research a topic or series they don't know and can cause massive amounts of confusion.)
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
Reply
#9
(10-21-2015, 12:46 AM)Hanaurie Wrote:
(10-21-2015, 12:34 AM)ktalexander75 Wrote: Might want to brush up on mythology if you don't understand, but will put stuff in spoilers at the end.

(^Just to be clear: If your character needs people to understand additional information this is exactly what you should do. It's not fair to force people to research a topic or series they don't know and can cause massive amounts of confusion.)

Sorry. Didn't want to be ninja'd, so posted as fast as I could. I edited it.
Pines Bros. Character (Click to View)

[Image: large.gif]
Reply
#10
(^No worries. I figured and it wasn't directed at just you. We've got a lot of different universes here that's all so I just wanted to make sure everyone understood that from the get go cause you made a good point. ;) )

When people came to see what was to be seen of this new attraction they found tall black gates locked tight. By them was a ticket booth occupied by a young grinning clown.
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
Reply




Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)