A Carnival Comes to Town...
Vesta watched a robot flying through the air and chuckled. Better check and make sure he's alright...She headed in the direction she saw him go.
Pines Bros. Character (Click to View)

[Image: large.gif]
Ava ran around, darting from one source of cover to the next.
a hole in the ground. a clump of bushes. behind a tree. more bushes.
she looked around quickly to make sure she wasn't being followed. when turned around and came face to face with her own distorted, red reflection, and let out a high pitched scream.
cameo was rolling on the ground laughing shortly after. "y- you should'a seen the look on you face" he laughed, revealing long fangs. she smacked him across the head in anger. she loved the heck out of him, but he can be annoying at times. "i was scouting! you could've revealed our position!" she scolded, looking around for enemies at the same time. Cameo just laughed some more. "i already searched silly, there's no one for miles!" he told her. "and i wanted to show you this!"
he held up a poster, beaming with pride as if it was a bar of gold.

"A... carnival?"
I'm about as edgy as a ball of raw cookie dough 
[Image: chocolate_by_cuppycakekitty-d9lkljt.png][Image: cat_puns_by_cuppycakekitty-d9kuqy6.png]
Allanah races up to the tent. 'Am I late? I need tickets, I need to meet my friends' She thought the boy, clenching his teeth unstoppably, was strange, but she dismissed it. The boy hesitated at the sight of her eyes. 'Now' she said. He handed her the tickets without saying a word, at least, no decipherable words, his teeth still clenched in a permanent smile. She raced inside the tent.

Allanah hated the atmosphere of the tent. She hated the crowds, suffocating her. She catches sight of Wendy in another section, near the apple bobbing and tries to make her way towards her, but another staff member, big and burly, teeth clenched in a permenant, unnatural smile like the boy, stops her. 'This area's off limits for you, and everybody else here, kid...'
'Something strange is going on here....' Allanah thinks. She dissmisses the thought as she sits down for the clown's show, but the thought lingers in her mind.
[Image: tumblr_msneb3uvKx1qe8ujwo8_500.gif]
Daxton stood up, albeit unsteadily. "I do believe I want some cotton candy..." he muttered, his eyes still swirling.
Vesta finally reached the dazed robot. "Are you okay?" she asked with a concerned look.

Daxton didn't answer right away. His systems had to undergo a quick reboot to clear the robot of his disorientation. When it finished, he was able to stop his wobbling and focus on what was in front of him.

"Well..." he began, blinking a couple times at the girl, "my systems are still a bit scrambled, but I'm all right for the most part. Thank you for your concern, miss...?"
"Bill!" mystine called, looking around.
"Vesta," she replied to the robot. "And you are?"

"DAXTON-4124201514," the robot said, offering a small smile. "But please call me Daxton."

He averted his gaze from her and glared in the general direction of his friend, who was still laughing over his friend's previous predicament.

"If you excuse me," he said, "I must go have a discussion with a certain someone. It was a pleasure meeting you, Miss Vesta."

At that, the peeved robot left the girl to go confront his partner.
Vesta smiled. Daxton was nice, and that was a rarity for most people. They were usually rude and made Vesta sit on the sidelines, not interacting, always stoking the hearth.

Her eyes snagged on a fire pit. Her smile turned into a grin.

Time to have some fun, she thought as she walked, mesmerized, toward the flames.