Dimmu's Official Heavy Metal Thread
Music 
Bet people are suprised I never made this before

The Official Heavy Metal Thread

Let's start out with some classic anthems for casual listeners

[Image: Pete+Dunne+Bitter+End+to+Roy+Johnson.gif]
WOO! I love metal. That's a good line up of classics. Although I've never really been a big Pantera fan, which sometimes gets the "poser" label through around in some metal circles.

Some more good songs. They're a bit less casual, but I've loved both bands since I began listening to metal.
[Image: giffany_button_by_sparrowag17-d9k3kov.png]
[Image: tumblr_ndbolzrktU1qhccbco7_250.gif] [Image: tumblr_ndbolzrktU1qhccbco2_250.gif]
(10-28-2015, 10:14 PM)CallMeYeshua Wrote: WOO! I love metal. That's a good line up of classics. Although I've never really been a big Pantera fan, which sometimes gets the "poser" label through around in some metal circles.

Some more good songs. They're a bit less casual, but I've loved both bands since I began listening to metal.

those are great ones exspecally Death

Symbolic is a great metal album

heres a great one from the band that half my username comes from

Dimmu Borgir's cool. Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia is a pretty good album. Here's something from Celtic Frost's To Mega Therion, a favorite album of mine.

[Image: tumblr_ndbolzrktU1qhccbco7_250.gif] [Image: tumblr_ndbolzrktU1qhccbco2_250.gif]
^ [Image: 13627936.gif]

At risk of making this "Dimmu's Official Tom Warrior Thread", here's something cool from his side project, Triptykon. Some CF fans didn't like the doom metal idiom of Triptykon (or of later Celtic Frost), but I love doom metal, so thats not a problem for me.

(10-29-2015, 05:19 AM)CallMeYeshua Wrote:
(10-29-2015, 04:44 AM)Dimmu Pines Wrote: ^ [Image: 13627936.gif]

Same. Although, were the only people posting so far.

At risk of making this "Dimmu's Official Tom Warrior Thread", here's something cool from his side project, Triptykon. Some CF fans didn't like the doom metal idiom of Triptykon (or of later Celtic Frost), but I love doom metal, so thats not a problem for me.

I like a lot of stuff in the doom metal scene one of my favorites is a side project of the drummer from type o negative

I've never heard A Pale Horse Named Death before. Doomy and Gloomy, like I like it.

I guess I'll keep it going with more doom metal.

Some people don't consider Soundgarden or Alice in Chains to be metal, but they're both listed in Encyclopaedia Metallum, so I guess that's good enough. I'm not really a genre nazi.

Here's Soundgarden at their most metal:

Love how the url has "woe" in it.

Slight warning: this song is kinda... weird.
My favorite is Master of Puppets by Metallica.
[Image: BvbQsF_CQAAksv-.png]
(10-30-2015, 02:36 AM)mcpon14 Wrote: My favorite is Master of Puppets by Metallica.

A classic by metallica