Under Ford's Sweater
(11-02-2015, 04:25 PM)AoshimaHook267 Wrote: what if ford is really being controlled by Bill, trying to draw dipper into some sort of trap

Definitely not. Ford had Dipper cornered in "The Last Mabelcorn", giving him the opportunity to both destroy the rift and take Dipper out of the equation. If that had been Bill, the story could very well be over.

(11-02-2015, 06:32 PM)Rock Face Wrote: I don't think he's lying, the way he said it, he seemed to be remembering rather than making something up.

I don't think what he said was a joke, either, but it is possible.
[Image: Eg3lWTv.png][Image: tumblr_mcy2clswjj1qesb9j_by_homestuck__f...699rlh.png]
not a ship
I did a thing:

[Image: tumblr_o2ox95o2pr1tusjrqo1_500.png]
"Welcome to another exciting episode of: What's under Grunkle Ford's sweater? Doo doo, doo doo..."

"Ew, fandom!"

Also, that picture is hillarious.
oh funk gotta dronk my honk
You know, I wouldn't be surprised if the second pic turned out to be what he's been hiding.
“Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending.” ― C. JoyBell C.
[Image: Sig.gif]
Okay so, I just had a thought. We know Ford is gonna die of a heartattack, at the age of 92. What if, his implant is gonna fail in that year, stopping his heart in the process?
Remember- Time is relative. Did Ford ever mention how long he spent on the other side? If it's more than 30, than Ford may well have had a heart attack at 92, and required the implant to keep him going.
My favorite scene Remember- EVERYTHING is a conspiracy! I'm keeping: the infinity sided die, the gyphon from DD&mD, Dippy Fresh's Corpse, and *Mabel's Gummy Worm Video*
[Image: tumblr_nyrl1z6Tg11urvdxfo1_540.gif]
(11-03-2015, 04:50 AM)ThaShackCat Wrote: Remember- Time is relative. Did Ford ever mention how long he spent on the other side? If it's more than 30, than Ford may well have had a heart attack at 92, and required the implant to keep him going.

That's actually a pretty smart idea. He might not have physically aged more than thirty years, due to other laws of physics or something, but he DID have had a heart attack, in his 92th "mental-year". Now he has some kinda pacemaker-implant hidden underneath his sweater.
(11-03-2015, 04:47 AM)MysterySeeker Wrote: Okay so, I just had a thought. We know Ford is gonna die of a heartattack, at the age of 92. What if, his implant is gonna fail in that year, stopping his heart in the process?

Ooh, I like this.

(11-03-2015, 04:50 AM)ThaShackCat Wrote: Remember- Time is relative. Did Ford ever mention how long he spent on the other side? If it's more than 30, than Ford may well have had a heart attack at 92, and required the implant to keep him going.

I'm skeptical. Ford looks younger than Stan, so if the time he spent in the portal was short relative to the time Stan spent rebuilding it, I think it would have been a shorter length of time.
Closer to the beginning of the interview linked in the OP (here, have the time start), Hirsch said that Ford was older, but he sounded more like he was deciding it on the spot.
"I'm saying Ford's older. Ford's ol--Ford's older, it's canon now. It's canon."
I feel like his response would've been more calculated if your theory had been true, just because that takes into account different accounts of time, which it didn't look like he considered.
But, uh, the same trolling possibilities are still there, I guess.
[Image: Eg3lWTv.png][Image: tumblr_mcy2clswjj1qesb9j_by_homestuck__f...699rlh.png]
not a ship
(11-03-2015, 05:09 AM)MysterySeeker Wrote:

That's actually a pretty smart idea. He might not have physically aged more than thirty years, due to other laws of physics or something, but he DID have had a heart attack, in his 92th "mental-year". Now he has some kinda pacemaker-implant hidden underneath his sweater.

Ooh, good idea. Let's say Ford was trapped in a universe where time was meaningless, or he gained immunity to aging at one point. He has the heart attack, and gets the implant. It's also likely that he'll get a nother heart attack at his 92nd physical year, shutting the implant down, and possibly killing Ford.

Oh, and who says Ford has have gotten just one implant? He could have cyberneticly enhanced muscles, a holo computer bulit into his eyes, or whatever. The guy put a metal plate in his skull, I'd think he'd be just as likely to get other implants.
(11-03-2015, 05:10 AM)Abia Wrote: I'm skeptical. Ford looks younger than Stan, so if the time he spent in the portal was short relative to the time Stan spent rebuilding it, I think it would have been a shorter length of time.
Closer to the beginning of the interview linked in the OP (here, have the time start), Hirsch said that Ford was older, but he sounded more like he was deciding it on the spot.
"I'm saying Ford's older. Ford's ol--Ford's older, it's canon now. It's canon."
I feel like his response would've been more calculated if your theory had been true, just because that takes into account different accounts of time, which it didn't look like he considered.
But, uh, the same trolling possibilities are still there, I guess.
That's gonna be problem. But it's still possible that Alex meant that Ford was born first.
My favorite scene Remember- EVERYTHING is a conspiracy! I'm keeping: the infinity sided die, the gyphon from DD&mD, Dippy Fresh's Corpse, and *Mabel's Gummy Worm Video*
[Image: tumblr_nyrl1z6Tg11urvdxfo1_540.gif]
(11-03-2015, 05:31 AM)ThaShackCat Wrote: That's gonna be problem. But it's still possible that Alex meant that Ford was born first.

Yes, it seemed more like that he wanted to say that Ford was born first. Nontheless, saying he is older than Stan does not disprove this theory.