Mabel Pines Character Discussion
i thought about this a great while.
Starting from The Time Traveler's Pig,
Mabel becomes a flat static character
for those who don't study literature:
Flat character: an undeveloped character
Static Character: a character that does not develop as the story progresses.
and it's all WADDLES' fault.
it's VERY SIMPLE

Mabel was too immature to give up a pig she had JUST MET, that, by the way,
is still JUST A PIG, in order to give Dipper the chance he has been trying ALL SUMMER for with Wendy.

And then later, in Land Before Swine:
Mabel COMPLETELY ignores Stan's efforts to comfort her, and REFUSES to talk to him until she gets Waddles back, Essentially meaning that the ticket to Mabel's affection is a pig.
NOT actual caring
NOT a gift worth great amounts of money
NOT real love
BUT A PIG.

it disappoints me, now that i realized this, that mabel is too immature and childish to give up the pet she just got, that, by the way, is shown later to not be liked by stan, in order to give dipper an actual romance, which she supposedly supports.

I still like Mabel as a character, however, i dislike that Dipper is the only one who receives positive character development.
Hirsch ruined Mabel, imo
That is all.
Another Yung Venuz, from Abia (Click to View)
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1623]
lol some1curr
Keeping; Soos' W neck shirt, Toby Determined's mask in Summerween, Lil Gideon's Gideon-Bot
[pictured below: Pacifica with little pacifica faces in her earrings laughing at you & your post].[Image: tumblr_o27mjql77X1rsi59co1_400.png]
^arlon.
i insist you change your post
to something less JERK-ish
and then all will be merry
Another Yung Venuz, from Abia (Click to View)
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1623]
You can't blame me for trying
Keeping; Soos' W neck shirt, Toby Determined's mask in Summerween, Lil Gideon's Gideon-Bot
[pictured below: Pacifica with little pacifica faces in her earrings laughing at you & your post].[Image: tumblr_o27mjql77X1rsi59co1_400.png]
this thread ruined my childhood
(except not really, but still)
3 words (and 2 extra characters)

BUT IT'S WADDLES <3

Seriously though. People do crazy stuff for their pets. Waddles gets a lot of love, sure, not unreasonably so. If Dipper's the only one growing as a character, then part of that might be Waddles' fault, but I think that's more on the writers than anything else. As for me, if you really want to know my opinion, deep down, look at the previous paragraph, especially the last 2 characters.
^you mean the s) ?
or the __?
or perhaps the s.?
it's the love duuuuuuuuuuude

it's always about the love
it is always about the pursuit of happiness.
as it cannot truly be obtained.
I don't really think Mabel's been made like that. Remember, both times Waddles was put in a situation that would most likely lead to his death. It's not like Wendy would have died if Dipper didn't win her the panduck. And by the time she realized she would have to give Waddles up, she had spent a lot of time with him, so it wasn't like she just got him. And she did appreciate Grunkle Stan's efforts to comfort her, it was when she found out he lied to her about something she really cared about that she got mad at him. I don't think Grunkle Stan really tried to comfort her after that.
She has other moments throughout the show where she's seen being happy with other things, too, it's not as though Waddles is the only thing she can be happy around. I think it's just her relationship with Waddles, kids can get attached enough to pets that they don't want to know they were eaten by the rich brat who bullied them or by a pterodactyl when their great-uncle left him outside despite their warnings and then lied about it.