Mabel Pines Character Discussion
(08-27-2015, 09:15 AM)daJoschi Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 09:01 AM)AwesomeDude1 Wrote: What do you think? http://spider-manfan101.tumblr.com/

I'd like to see a description for the Topic and not an advertisement for your Tumblr (we have of course a thread for Tumblr users)

Sorry didn't mean it. Will alter post.
I don't think it's a question anymore so much as fact. Everything with Mabel points to this and it's especially highlighted in the Summerween episode. What's even more interesting that seems to have come up more as of late, is how she connects this all to her relationship with Dipper. We had already seen seeds of this in Carpet Diem but the episode 'A Tale of Two Stans' made me wonder if this is something she'd already given serious thought to before.

I believe her important lesson will have something to do with learning that growing up is okay but I also think she's going to have to learn something to do with the fact that, though it'll be different, Dipper will still be there.
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
(08-27-2015, 09:17 AM)AwesomeDude1 Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 09:15 AM)daJoschi Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 09:01 AM)AwesomeDude1 Wrote: What do you think? http://spider-manfan101.tumblr.com/

I'd like to see a description for the Topic and not an advertisement for your Tumblr (we have of course a thread for Tumblr users)

Sorry didn't mean it. Will alter post.
No Problem :)

I can understand that kids (especially Mabel) are afraid of growing up or what's coming next in the Future. More responsibility and more tasks to do. There is a time where your childhood ends.

Dipper on the other side is more happy being growing up.

But what if you have the FairlyOddParents-Syndrom and avoid being grow mentally up, only to have still your childhood?
Alex confirmed this very early in the shows run. He revealed that Dipper want's to grow up quickly, but Mabel does not.
oh funk gotta dronk my honk
I agree - we could pretty much infer this from the beginning.
[Image: tumblr_m7lnp9yH291rtdb8do1_400.gif]
(08-27-2015, 01:08 PM)MysterySeeker Wrote: Alex confirmed this very early in the shows run. He revealed that Dipper want's to grow up quickly, but Mabel does not.

Yes, I remember he mentioned this at a convention.
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
Iv'e noticed since mid season 2, some GF fans have been saying that Mabel is stupid, selfish, and uninteresting. I'm here to say I disagree and why.

She's not stupid, she's just a kid. Kid's are known to be more laid back than adults. And while Mabel is very goofy, she knows mostly when to take things seriously. And even though Mabel isn't extremely book smart like Dipper, that doesn't mean that she's an idiot. Not every one is super nerd smart.

She's not selfish either. Yes she has made selfish mistakes and choices before, but there's a big difference between the two. Children make more selfish mistakes than adults. I also like that Mabel and the rest of the GF characters are flawed because it makes them feel real. When you watch GF, you can tell that Mabel loves and cares about Dipper, the Stan Twins, Waddles, and the rest of her family and friends very deeply. Some people also complain that Mabel hasn't done anything for her twin. Keep in mind though that we don't know to much about the twins life back home. I believe that Mabel has done things for her brother back home, especially protecting him from bullies in school. Yes Dipper has sacrificed chances to impress Wendy for his sister's happiness but Mabel helped a good guy (Mermando) get back to his family and Dipper never had a chance with Wendy. And even some of Mabel's selfish mistakes come from good intentions like helping Dipper confess his feelings to Wendy in the Into The Bunker and helping Robbie get a girlfriend in The Love God.

Mabel is also just as important to the show as Dipper is. They are the two equal protagonists of GF. You can't have the show without both of them.

I also really like her A plots and B plots (except in Northwest Mansion Mystery, one my many problems with the episode). I find them very cute and funny and a lot of times, very important to the characters and story of GF.

She is voiced by the great, talented, funny goddess Kristen Schaal. I rarely say that an actors performance in a movie or show is perfect. Schaal is perfect as Mabel. She always brings the right amount of humor and heart to the character. Kristen is also known to be very passionate about her role and the GF fans. Alex Hirsh has even said he wouldn't have made GF without her. Proof. http://www.avclub.com/article/comedy-sho...l-in-85801

If some people don't like Mabel, that's their opinion and they're right to have it. I just will never understand those people.
Maybe some "pacificdip is the only otp" guys. I think Mabel is really cool and much more interesting then Most other characters (Lets hope Theres not a mod who says that We have already such a thread) ;) I must say, sometimes, she is a little bit selfish and dont care what others think (Dipper), but at the end, shes still the coolest Character of the Show
[Image: mabel_pines_fan_button_by_requestbuttons-d5j5abu.png]

[Image: nope__by_willeaux-d4d3ij6.png] [Image: stamp___patrick_and_mayonnaise_by_miss_asakura.jpg]

Hidden Badged: Hidden
(08-30-2015, 06:39 AM)Boom !!! Wrote: Maybe some "pacificdip is the only otp" guys. I think Mabel is really cool and much more interesting then Most other characters (Lets hope Theres not a mod who says that We have already such a thread) ;) I must say, sometimes, she is a little bit selfish and dont care what others think (Dipper), but at the end, shes still the coolest Character of the Show

There's a difference between making selfish mistakes and choices and being a selfish person.
Wwwwwait

There is HATE on MABEL?

[Image: 966dbb89f86f612fcb58a4dde6385c38df88ba63...288390.jpg]