CONFIRMED: Gravity Falls will end with season 2
I'm sad, but I'm also happy that Alex got to give the show a proper ending. I would hate it to just end without conclusion. I'll never forget this show, it will always be a part of my life.

I know it sounds cheesy, but as much as it has entertained, it has also managed to help me on a profound and personal level. As someone who suffered a crippling shyness and was a victim of bullying all throughout school, I grew up to have some serious trust issues. And while I've slowly come out of my shell the last few years, it wasn't until I met a couple of kids named Dipper and Mabel that I really feel like for the first time in my life I'm happy with being me.

I was hooked on this show instantly, and I can relate to both Dipper and Mabel in so many ways. Dipper is my awkwardness and insecurities, my drive to learn new things, my love for the paranormal and all that is strange and unusual, my anxiety when it comes to letting others in, my thoughtful and serious side, my devotion to the people I care about.

Mabel is my id. My weird, random sense of humour, my love for fun, art, music and all things creative, my desire to do the right thing and be a good person, the part of me who accepts people for who they are and tries to see the beauty in everyone, the part of me who's selfish and afraid of abandonment, and she is the confident person I WANT to be.

They've helped me learn to embrace my awkwardness (because who doesn't feel awkward once in a while?) and let my inner Mabel shine and while I falter sometimes, because it would be silly to say I'm cured of my shyness and self-esteem/trust issues, I've managed to regain some of the confidence I lost growing up. I finally feel allowed to be myself, and worthy of happiness when I had faced years and years of being told that I'm not good enough and that I'm a loser and a failure and a worthless nobody. It led me to find this wonderful online community, and helped me find the courage to open up more to people, (which has helped me make new friends, something I've always struggled with). I feel inspired to write again, something I used to do all the time but gave up on. A little fanfiction here and there, but also some old projects that I had abandoned as well.

Funny that a little cartoon 'for kids' has played such a huge role in my progress to overcome such anxiety issues.

This show has made me laugh, and made me cry, it's my go-to remedy for when my depression kicks in, it has the perfect combination of humour, drama, mystery and suspense. And the fandom has such an amazing community, I've been kind of AWOL the past week, but you guys are fantastic and I'm so happy to have found these forums and have loved discussing the show and everything the last few months. I have a feeling that like "Firefly" this fandom will thrive long after the finale, I certainly plan to stick around.

I am so grateful to be a part of this fandom and for Alex for creating this masterpiece and Disney for helping to make it happen. I'm so sad to see it end, but it's been one hell of a ride.
[Image: gravityfallsscaryoke2-300x168.jpg]
Glad you're staying with us. You're so great.
Welcome to Joschi's Overthinking!

Today: Why announced Hirsch the Ending of Gravity Falls just a few days before Weirdmageddon II?

Thats a good question, but first look back at the Episode "Dipper and Mabel vs the Future"

This episode, opened two story arcs:
1. Rescue the World
2. Goodbye Gravity Falls

Lets look at the second story arc:

Mabel has to face the fact, that she must leave Gravity Falls at the end of Summer. Aha, do you see the relation?

Replace Mabel with Community and voila, fits very well in "First Stage of Grief"

Escape From Reality (Weirdmageddon II) will continue the Plot of "Accept The End of Summer" by rescuing Mabel.

The show is ending, many people have the wish that the show isn't ending. But we have to accept it. The Twins have to leave Gravity Falls, like the Community has to accept the Ending.