Alex Hirsch
(12-02-2015, 04:30 AM)DuckHuntDog Wrote:
(12-02-2015, 03:25 AM)originalmysterytwins Wrote: How would you do a live action Gideon?

I'd make it a puppet, like Yoda from Star Wars Episode 5

And what are you some kind of living Ventriloquist dummy? Haha just kidding I know who you are Gideon
[Image: C6WcSq8VAAA1XiK.png] [Image: 58bf3199c9b3883486684133.gif]
I don't want a live action GF movie because it won't translate well and I can't imagine anyone as the twins other than Kristen and Jason.
I should add that I actually LIVE in Oregon
i am NOT a swede;
(12-02-2015, 08:26 AM)Ayaze Wrote: I should add that I actually LIVE in Oregon

:0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0

I`m not surprised...
[Image: 12KKcZW.gif]
Well we all knew I was bound to find this thread sooner or later. Hehe!
Madness is Amazingness!
[Image: tumblr_nyb3peWkus1uq9ys2o1_500.gif]
(12-02-2015, 08:23 AM)AwesomeDude1 Wrote: I don't want a live action GF movie because it won't translate well and I can't imagine anyone as the twins other than Kristen and Jason.

What if they were acted out by adorable kids and then dubbed over by them? :3
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
I guess that could work but only if the kids are really good at lip syncing.

ChannelFrederator actually made a video on this whole live action movie thing a while back.

Madness is Amazingness!
I don't really agree with this list. For once, and this is the most obvious point, if you have one of the Pines twins be asian, then have both of them be. It just doesen't make sense for them to have different ethnicitys. The actor suggested for Stan isn't really chubby enough for the role. People often seem to forget that Stan is actually not in that great of a shape.
JK Simmons also doesen't really look like Ford, so I don't think casting him for a life version would not be the best choice. The Wendy actor once again bears no resemblence to her cartoon version. And at least have the Gideon actor be fat, same with Bud.
oh funk gotta dronk my honk
I don't think they were going off looks.

If you have ideas for a cast I would like to hear them.

(11-25-2015, 11:07 PM)JoyStar Wrote: [quote='GravityFallsGirl' pid='211598' dateline='1448450847']
Part of me wants to go explore the Oregon wilderness, find a waterfall, establish a town around it, and name that town Gravity Falls.

My sis actually has expressed desired to do the same thing.
Madness is Amazingness!
(12-17-2016, 01:11 AM)HopeCvon Wrote: I don't think they were going off looks.

Well, looks are important for acting. They should be going off of looks. If the actor's appearance isn't believable for the character they're playing, then the adaptation isn't going to be as enjoyable for most people.

I do think it is important for characters who are related to each other to look similar to each other, or at least to have the same nationality. Other things are changeable, to a degree, e.g. dying hair or gaining weight for Mabel and Stan respectively. But you can only so far with physical changes.

"It just makes it that much weirder. And weird is what Gravity Falls is all about!" -- no, I'm sorry, but please do not defend a casting choice with "it just makes it that much weirder". That's not a valid point.
I think JK Simmons and... whoever they suggested for Stan, I don't remember his name, look similar enough to be believable twins, but I don't think Simmons looks similar enough to Ford to be great as an adaptation. That said, it is Ford's voice, so maybe that would even it out.

+I don't think using live action Jem and the Holograms as a credential is a good selling point for any actor.
[Image: Eg3lWTv.png][Image: tumblr_mcy2clswjj1qesb9j_by_homestuck__f...699rlh.png]
not a ship