Alex Hirsch
that doesn't matter???? how is that relevant?
[Image: Eg3lWTv.png][Image: tumblr_mcy2clswjj1qesb9j_by_homestuck__f...699rlh.png]
not a ship
one of your arguments for why he shouldn't go on rants is because he's best known for GF
If Romance Academy 7 and Fight Fighters are video games that means there are multiple copies with multiple Rumbles and Giffanies

[Image: giffany_button_by_sparrowag17-d9k3kov.png]

Memes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhD7rdK7rJA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njbsOLFL3vs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG_JV5gU1LY
yeah, exactly. I don't see why that is objectionable. It also means that, because I am judging him as a public figure and not as a regular nobody, the standards of regular nobody's Twitters do not apply. Turning the discussion into that is overlooking the point.

It is the same reason why it is unprofessional for Donald Trump to go on rants against celebrities on his Twitter. Yeah, it's a personal account. No one's stopping him. No one is saying he doesn't have the right to. Doesn't mean it's acceptable behavior.

Of course these are different situations, but the fact that Hirsch is a public figure is why people are judging him. If he was not a public figure, the circumstances and higher standards would not apply--and the discussion becomes something else altogether. So I do not understand how it is relevant.
[Image: Eg3lWTv.png][Image: tumblr_mcy2clswjj1qesb9j_by_homestuck__f...699rlh.png]
not a ship
i responded with that because you were asking

the only reason i posted about this was because you were asking a question but hey i guess im wrong again
If Romance Academy 7 and Fight Fighters are video games that means there are multiple copies with multiple Rumbles and Giffanies

[Image: giffany_button_by_sparrowag17-d9k3kov.png]

Memes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhD7rdK7rJA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njbsOLFL3vs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG_JV5gU1LY
I was expanding upon my response. It was not a personal attack. Relax.
not a ship
I wouldn't really compare Trump to Hirsch because one is a political figure and the other an artist, I guess I do believe those in power should be viewed in a different light which answers a question I've been personally wondering about I guess. As he is a creator I do think it is acceptable Alex voices his political views, just so long as he keeps it out of his work to a sensible degree. In fact the more I consider it the more I think it's actually important as art deals greatly with communication and expression. Both CS Lewis Doug and JRR Tolkien were hardcore Catholics but Tolkien was far more subtle in expressing this in his books (a lot less so in other areas however, there is after all a reason why Shire discussion goes on forever on and more). TenNapel is a sexist, homophobic, rightwing conservative and this often leaks into his work so I find him a great example firstly of how artists should probably try to stay out of political discussion, not because it's objectionable but really for the sake of their own integrity and as a great example of when to consider an artists work based on the artist as a person.

Nefari Wrote:No one is saying Hirsch isn't entitled to voice his political views, but as a public figure best known for a children's show, he has the responsibility to remain civil and respectful instead of going on those angry rants he loves. No one is saying "oh he's not allowed to do that" but that doesn't mean it's wise of him or not frustrating to those who follow him.

But I do agree with Nefa's original point, although I'd take out 'public figure' and instead opt for 'as a decent human being'. It doesn't make it any less frustrating for those who follow him and disagree or are not as extreme (so I believe BLARG is right to vent their frustrations). It's also certainly not ok to behave a certain way and to block people without good cause.

However, in terms of Alex I don't know how true this is because I don't really pay attention to social media even though I should.
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
I follow Alex on twitter and I hate and disagree with majority of his political views but I respect that he's says what he means even though sometimes it comes off as a little much from what I've seen he's never gone off and insulted someone for their opposing belief's he usually just says what he means (as most people do) and other people take it from there unfortunately that's where it usually gets put on him because you get a bunch of his followers arguing among each other and the majority of them will just take his side cuz he's Alex Hirsch

On another note his political opinions never suprised me cuz you look at certain characters that represent certain right wing steriotypes like for example Gideon and Preston Northwest
[Image: Pete+Dunne+Bitter+End+to+Roy+Johnson.gif]
I guess I'm mostly with 8 Foot Dimmu on this. I except that Alex is going to tweet what he wants to and any political stuff I just ignore for the most part. I do that with everyone I follow as I find politics really really boring. To me most politicians sound like kindergarten kids try to have a rap battle - and that may be the strangest parallel I have ever given on that or any subject.

Anyhoots, I do value that Alex is the kind of person who sticks to his guns and isn't afraid to be honest with his beliefs and views but as Dimmu pointed out allows others to express their own without truly harassing them for it.
Madness is Amazingness!
[Image: tumblr_nyb3peWkus1uq9ys2o1_500.gif]
At a point being outright aggressive with your political beliefs and disdainful of opposing beliefs is pretty much as bad as a direct insult. What he is doing is not mature or good and criticizing him for it is entirely reasonable.
not a ship
Well Alex is aggressive so I'm not really all that surprised.
Madness is Amazingness!
[Image: tumblr_nyb3peWkus1uq9ys2o1_500.gif]