Alex Hirsch
Hopefully this means this Spider-Man movie will have a better story than some of those other ones. Not saying all the movies were bad just that one or two of them could have been better. Alex's clearly shown he's got a wonderful knack when it comes to stories so this seems like a good job for him.
Madness is Amazingness!
[Image: tumblr_nyb3peWkus1uq9ys2o1_500.gif]

FINALLY the video is up! The panel from November of 2016! I have been waiting for this for so long! Sorry for yelling but I'm just so happy right not. It is so much fun to hear all these great talents talk about their experiences. I’m expecting to see a lot of quotes from Alex and all these fine folks all over the internet.

"Hey guys I put a 100 dollar bill in one Easter egg!" - Alex Hirsch's 2016 guide to trick your team into having fun with you.

[Image: latest?cb=20150725090709]
Madness is Amazingness!
[Image: tumblr_nyb3peWkus1uq9ys2o1_500.gif]
Alex Hirsch involved with the new animated Spidey flick?

I'M FUCKING IN, BABY.

[Image: Q6Ce3Ky.gif]
“Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending.” ― C. JoyBell C.
[Image: Sig.gif]
Sirdip fanboy freak-out activate.
[Image: C6WcSq8VAAA1XiK.png] [Image: 58bf3199c9b3883486684133.gif]
To be honest, were you expecting anything less? :3
“Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending.” ― C. JoyBell C.
[Image: Sig.gif]
Not from you no. :)
[Image: C6WcSq8VAAA1XiK.png] [Image: 58bf3199c9b3883486684133.gif]
I just wonder if a Miles Morales Spider-Man movie can make money. Most people associate Spider-Man with Peter Parker.
[Image: mabel_pines_fan_button_by_requestbuttons-d5j5abu.png]
The film will probably make a good amount of money based on its franchise connection alone, and currently benefits from a rather open (and also pretty good) release window. The closest competitors for the mainstream family film market in winter 2018, at the moment, are likely Disney's Gigantic, which is releasing Thanksgiving 2018, and Warner's The Lego Movie Sequel, which releases February 2019.

I'm positing that the main barrier the film faces will likely be the less-than-savory reputation of Sony Pictures Animation. Financially, their Smurfs, Hotel Transylvania and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs franchises have been modestly successful in turning a profit. Critically, however, their films have received mostly mixed reviews, and are definitely a step below from what we find with Pixar, Disney, DreamWorks, Illumination and Warner.

Hopefully Alex Hirsch is allowed to actually apply his creative talent to the film, as I know Hotel Transylvania 2 director Genndy Tartakovsky has previously complained about having to wrestle for creative control of his film with executive producer Adam Sandler in the very much business-driven, rather than artist-driven, studio.
Batman had an animated film in the 90's that flopped, even though it received good reviews. So I don't know if the name Spider-Man will automatically guarantee money here.
[Image: mabel_pines_fan_button_by_requestbuttons-d5j5abu.png]
The financial shortcomings of Batman: Mask of the Phantasm has been largely credited to Warner Bros's horrendous marketing at the time. The Iron Giant flopped not long after, and is the more famous example of Warner's then incompetence, as there was media attention on how director Brad Bird was disappointed in Warner and ultimately quit to take up an offer at Pixar, where he later made The Incredibles. Disney was sure to not disappoint Bird or Pixar with that one, which today is more well known despite boasting comparable critical reception.

You're definitely right in that a franchise connection alone will not guarantee people to show up though. Sony Animation will still have to market the movie properly, and luckily they currently already have a better track record than 1990s Warner Bros in that regard. SPA's main problem, on the other hand, is just making movies that are good and critically well received.