Wonder Woman
Idk if I'd say top but we do end up taking about it a lot together, yes.

(11-04-2016, 04:18 AM)RazJazz Wrote: Do you guys wanna yell at me for saying I don't care much for superhero films (or superheroes in general)

Although, this does look nice

No, s'fine.
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
i'm generally not a dceu nerd but this film managed to be the one exception

i'm most likely being biased but i couldn't help but enjoy the whole ride. firstly, it felt so perfectly balanced between a comedic and serious tone. it depends on the hero's personality and the story to use a fitting tone for an adaptation and this movie did it quite well. i really don't see female superheroes with optimism this often, with the exception of melissa benoist as supergirl, so i loved seeing diana wondering steve trevor's world and enjoying people's lives there, despite the fact that it occurs during WW1

speaking of which, the movie had its understandably gloomy and serious moments because of WW1 but it rarely felt over the top. gal gadot was great in BVS (which otherwise fucking sucked) but she was even better in this. chris pine was another great casting choice. i fucking loved his characterization and his dynamic with wonder woman. the action scenes were pretty fucking top notch. the slow motion looked fucking cool and they didn't overuse it. visuals and cinematography were also fucking excellent, pacing was balanced and music a-ok as well. if there's one flaw, it's that the 3rd act was a cliched epic CGI climax but i didn't mind because i still enjoyed it overall. i really understood ares' motives and he felt like a legitimate challange for wonder woman. so ye, i don't have much to complain about
[Image: tumblr_m52ey4vm8K1rshlqco1_500.gif]
[Image: tumblr_inline_orf7p7BnAz1uj5kni_540.gif]
You know when Megs of all people praises a superhero movie that the apocalypse is nigh.
“Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending.” ― C. JoyBell C.
[Image: Sig.gif]
or that it was actually a praiseworthy movie unlike most of the dc movies, with the exception of the dark night and the dark night rises

i remember praising deadpool if marvel counts

those three are the only other superhero movies that i've praised. so yeah, def says a lot about the quality of wonder woman
Yeah, I know, just messing around since a lot of peeps around here don't particularly care for superhero movies (with the obvious exception of moi, Hana, and Yeshua, though he's long gone by now).
“Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending.” ― C. JoyBell C.
I'll probably be included in that small category as well.

I've been hearing a lot of good things about Wonder Woman. It's a pleasant surprise. I do want to see this when I get the chance.
Just came back from seeing this movie. As someone who's liked most of the DCEU movies so far, this is hands down imo one of the best superhero movies I've seen in years.

It was also much darker than I thought it would be. They really don't shy away one bit from the horrors of war.
yeah but the comedy balanced it out perfectly in my opinion

which i felt the need to restate

cause i'm that enthusiastic about this film
I'd say this film has a better balance of seriousness and levity than the majority of MCU films, honestly.