Star Trek Beyond
Most likely will play during the end credits.

Rihanna has pretty much made only two songs I like from her and absolutely nothing else.

This actually ain't half-bad, in my opinion. The video is visually cool, at least.
“Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending.” ― C. JoyBell C.
[Image: Sig.gif]
XC

Yeah that's essentially what I'm hoping. It's not her worst but I kinda cringe instantly when I hear her voice. Just...not my kind of music.

I'll agree the video's visually pleasing and I appreciate what they're referencing.

[Image: 1966-Star-Trek.jpg]

I still hate it though.

(07-02-2016, 03:16 PM)Sir Dippingsauce Wrote: 8323.

Captain's log .0384583 - Just finished watching Star Trek Beyond. That dreadful Rihanna song started playing. I had to escape before my urge to tear the sub-woofers apart started taking over my mind. But on my front, dozens of Trekkies were impeding my path to salvation. I did what I had to do. Set my phasers to stun, and shot the ever living fuck out of everyone in sight.

I might've shot a baby in the head, I dunno. Point is, I managed to escape before that song triggered my inner fury into the lights and noise of thousands of people. My senses were tamed once again as a smile grew from my lips.

I then went home to tease SirDip for not seeing it yet because it's just too much fun. >:D

It also makes sense:

France 17 August 2016 (FUCK! SO MUCH LATER THAN THE USA)

Portugal 25 August 2016 (But not as late as you HA HA HA)
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
(07-02-2016, 02:57 PM)Hanaurie Wrote: I'll agree the video's visually pleasing and I appreciate what they're referencing.

[Image: 1966-Star-Trek.jpg]

I still hate it though.

That's actually a pretty interesting connection, if that is the case. Star Trek: The Motion Picture is well known (almost infamous) for it's slow, cerebral style. The post-nemesis Trek movies are almost the exact opposite - more action-focused. (Both do have quite a focus on special effects, though.)

As for the song - I can't say I'm a huge fan of the song. I am not a fan of Rihanna's music, though, so that might influence my opinion. Chances are, it will be played during the end credits, or otherwise plays a very minor role in the movie. (At least, I hope.) And how it's included in the movie will be interesting to note. Star Trek's most well-known inclusion of pop music is also it's most controversial...

How Rihanna's song stands up against "Faith of the Heart" will likely dominate Trek fan discussion for the next year.

Back on topic for the movie, I will say that I am cautiously optimistic for this movie. Personally, I like the reboot movies as popcorn films, but they do underwhelm as Trek movies. Here's hoping that Beyond is a step in the right direction.
Read my Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, and other reviews here, and my Futurama reviews here.
(07-02-2016, 02:57 PM)Hanaurie Wrote: It also makes sense:

France 17 August 2016 (FUCK! SO MUCH LATER THAN THE USA)

Portugal 25 August 2016 (But not as late as you HA HA HA)

Austria and probably Germany 21. July 2016

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Dammit, you get the last laugh.

I will hunt you down if you spoil sir.
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
Reserved my ticket and gonna watch it today.
Well, i watched it yesterday with a friend and it was pretty fun to watch.
I'm not going to spoil anything here because i'm not a spoiling person. (and it isn't even released in France and Portugal yet *evil laugh*)

I missed the first few minutes of the movie cause i had to wait endless long at the ticket counter and buffet.
One question: when does Rihanna's song pop up?
End credits, if my memories don't fool me.
Yeah it was the end credits. I skedaddled as soon as it came on.

Rest in Peace, Leonard Nimoy and Anton Yelchin.