Poll: Would you want to see a Steven Universe section?
This poll is closed.
Yes
50.00%
14 50.00%
No
25.00%
7 25.00%
Indifferent
25.00%
7 25.00%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Would you like to see a Steven Universe section?
I'm just curious I understand at the moment we would not be adding a section for Alex's new show since it is in the beginning stages and hasn't even came out yet. But once it has and everyone gets settled in then would we add a section for Alex's new show once it has been officially released?
[Image: C6WcSq8VAAA1XiK.png] [Image: 58bf3199c9b3883486684133.gif]
(01-10-2016, 11:54 PM)HONEYPANTS!! Wrote: I'm just curious I understand at the moment we would not be adding a section for Alex's new show since it is in the beginning stages and hasn't even came out yet. But once it has and everyone gets settled in then would we add a section for Alex's new show once it has been officially released?

Like I said previously, the earliest it would come out would be 2017, and planning so far ahead would get us nowhere, since by then the community probably wouldnt exist anymore, or at least be very inactive.
oh funk gotta dronk my honk
Short answer: YES
Long answer: YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS
i am NOT a swede;
(01-10-2016, 11:50 PM)MysterySeeker Wrote: DuckHuntDog, this is a Gravity Falls Forum, and sadly, that show is gonna end soon. I am sure many people would want this forum to be active for a whole longer, not just because of the show, but because of the community here. The Steven Universe fandom is very active, and would most likely keep this forum active, even if they'd only discuss it in the Steven Universe section. It's not so much about the mystery element either, that was just one of the reasons why I believe it would be a good idea. Over The Garden Wall has been over for more than a year, and Adventure Time doesent even have a very big "mystery" aspect.

Well, if the SU fandom is active, than why can't they get their own forum? It feels cheap adding an entirely different show just to keep this forum "afloat". If people want this place to remain active then they should continue to post about stuff here, not have an assload of new users who are fans of an entirely different show. If, for instance, I wanted join a RS forum, I wouldn't go to a place called "adventuretimeforum.com". It makes no since and I'd want a forum all to itself.
Made by FunnyFany
[Image: latest?cb=20150502165211]
[Image: donkey_kong_fan_button__updated__by_requ...5h4w0c.png]
DK is coming to steal your bananas. And kick some ass. And steal more bananas.
How about a section for general cartoons with sub fourms for each show

Rick and Morty
Steven Universe
Adventure Time etc
That's what I was considering, but Seeker pointed out we should wait to see how one individual section works out before trying to expand it hugely.

(01-11-2016, 12:04 AM)DuckHuntDog Wrote: Well, if the SU fandom is active, than why can't they get their own forum? It feels cheap adding an entirely different show just to keep this forum "afloat". If people want this place to remain active then they should continue to post about stuff here, not have an assload of new users who are fans of an entirely different show. If, for instance, I wanted join a RS forum, I wouldn't go to a place called "adventuretimeforum.com". It makes no since and I'd want a forum all to itself.

It's not like the GF and SU fandoms are two different bodies about to be crammed into one space, there's a lot of intersection between them.
We could try just talking about random things for a bit after the show, but how long do you think that would last? With no new material to discuss and no new members to meet, the forum's almost just a smaller social networking site, and there are plenty of larger ones people are going to use instead.
And new members don't have to strictly adhere to the show that they join for. They can more activity in our general threads, and the possibility of a mutual interest in both shows. (An SU fan might start watching GF after seeing discussion here, and vice versa)
Keeping: Dipper's Disposable Cameras, Floating Eyeballs
[Image: gXPmp.jpg]
(01-11-2016, 12:41 AM)Floating Eyeball Wrote: It's not like the GF and SU fandoms are two different bodies about to be crammed into one space, there's a lot of intersection between them.
We could try just talking about random things for a bit after the show, but how long do you think that would last? With no new material to discuss and no new members to meet, the forum's almost just a smaller social networking site, and there are plenty of larger ones people are going to use instead.
And new members don't have to strictly adhere to the show that they join for. They can more activity in our general threads, and the possibility of a mutual interest in both shows. (An SU fan might start watching GF after seeing discussion here, and vice versa)

It just feels like a shoddy attempt at keeping this place afloat for our benefit. It's like we're trying to coax SU fans to come here not because we want them to, but because we want more users to bullshit around with .
Made by FunnyFany
(01-11-2016, 12:52 AM)DuckHuntDog Wrote: It just feels like a shoddy attempt at keeping this place afloat for our benefit. It's like we're trying to coax SU fans to come here not because we want them to, but because we want more users to bullshit around with .

Personally, I'd like to see more Steven Universe discussions going on in the forum, doesent matter if it's new members or old ones. Sure, you could argue we have the thread for that, but it's doubtful that new users would join the forum just to post in one particular thread, an entire section dedicated to the show would be a different situation though.
But why would you want more SU discussion in Gravity Falls forum? If SU doesn't really have a forum of its own then why would we add an SU section to an already existing forum instead of making an entirely new one dedicated to SU? I know it'll cost money, but if having an SU section is such a big deal then having an entire forum for it is like the Holy Grail.
Made by FunnyFany
But it wouldnt be strictly Gravity Falls anymore, we'd at least have a banner change or something similar like that.