Poll: Would you want to see a Steven Universe section?
This poll is closed.
Yes
50.00%
14 50.00%
No
25.00%
7 25.00%
Indifferent
25.00%
7 25.00%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Would you like to see a Steven Universe section?
(01-11-2016, 01:07 AM)MysterySeeker Wrote: But it wouldnt be strictly Gravity Falls anymore, we'd at least have a banner change or something similar like that.

Precisely. We'd be ruining the basic fundamentals of this site, if we let a certain show get more sub forums and whatnot than another. Surely, a new, SU user would sign up and say "Why doesn't SvTFOE get it's own sub forum? Why doesn't Adventure Time get it's own sub forum? Why doesn't We Bare Bears get it's own sub forum?" Etc.
Made by FunnyFany
[Image: latest?cb=20150502165211]
[Image: donkey_kong_fan_button__updated__by_requ...5h4w0c.png]
DK is coming to steal your bananas. And kick some ass. And steal more bananas.
I do feel like this is the best option if we don't want to automatically die out once GF has ended. Perhaps if a majority of us are still around when Alex's new show has actually been released in the next year or 2 we can maybe add it here but we will have to see the state of the forum when it actually happens. As for now our best option is to add the next best cartoon. It will broaden the forum while still keeping Gravity Falls as a large focus. We need to add something if we don't want the forum to die.
[Image: C6WcSq8VAAA1XiK.png] [Image: 58bf3199c9b3883486684133.gif]
I'll just leave it at this for now: SU should not get its own sub forum. If us users truly care about this website as much as we've said, we will never die.
Made by FunnyFany
(01-11-2016, 01:20 AM)DuckHuntDog Wrote: I'll just leave it at this for now: SU should not get its own sub forum. If us users truly care about this website as much as we've said, we will never die.

But that is not how it works. Gravity Falls could be your favorite thing in the world, but would you really want to keep discussing it for years to come, with maybe ten other people?
oh funk gotta dronk my honk
(01-11-2016, 01:21 AM)MysterySeeker Wrote:
(01-11-2016, 01:20 AM)DuckHuntDog Wrote: I'll just leave it at this for now: SU should not get its own sub forum. If us users truly care about this website as much as we've said, we will never die.

But that is not how it works. Gravity Falls could be your favorite thing in the world, but would you really want to keep discussing it for years to come, with maybe ten other people?

Personally yes. I've been discussing some stuff, like Banjo-Kazooie, for at least three years even though it hasn't had a game since 2008.

You see, we really should wait until the finale is over. If questions are left unanswered then we CAN indeed discuss it for years to come, and Alex might give hints through his twitter every so often or something... Obviously I'm just rambling at this point but you know what I mean.
Made by FunnyFany
Also there are free fourm hosts just pointing out there there the easiest thing to get I have 4 of em deader than my synchtube
[Image: Nash-Hogan-finger-poke-gifs-001.gif]
I don't have too strong an opinion on this, but I agree in part with DuckHuntDog.

I suppose I am not against the addition of another subforum dedicated to a different show, but I do think it's a little early to be thinking about this.

I would be more comfortable if users would suggest potential new directions for the forum to go in and then voted on the new subject. If Steven Universe wins, then sure, let it be so. But if this suggestion is an attempt to keep the forum afloat by catering to the majority, I'd like to make sure that SU really is the most popular choice and not something people are simply agreeing to in order to keep the forum alive.
[Image: Eg3lWTv.png][Image: tumblr_mcy2clswjj1qesb9j_by_homestuck__f...699rlh.png]
not a ship
(01-10-2016, 07:54 PM)HONEYPANTS!! Wrote: Well should we broaden the idea a little more by making it a general Cartoons and animation forum like adding StarVS, AT and other popular cartoons. Or would you rather keep it to simple fandoms which I understand if you don't want to over complicate anything and loose the fact that this began as a GF forum. Because if we add too much then GF won't really be a big part of the forum even though that was what brought us together. I just know that not all GF fans or forum users are also fans or SU. So we might loose some users but gain new users.

I like this idea.Happy
Triangulum, entangulum.
Veneforis dominus ventium. Veneforis venetisarium.
[Image: weirdmageddon2_by_cuppycakekitty-d9kdjsm.png][Image: bill_cipher_fan_button_by_taffytamuttonf...8iduwp.png]
"We'll meet again... don't know where, don't know when...
but I know we'll meet again some sunny day..."
(01-11-2016, 01:53 AM)Abia Wrote: I would be more comfortable if users would suggest potential new directions for the forum to go in and then voted on the new subject. If Steven Universe wins, then sure, let it be so. But if this suggestion is an attempt to keep the forum afloat by catering to the majority, I'd like to make sure that SU really is the most popular choice and not something people are simply agreeing to in order to keep the forum alive.

Part of the reason why we chose Steven Universe is because this cartoon has the most fans in this forum, considering the SU thread is one of the longest in the tv section.
oh funk gotta dronk my honk
It's a good indicator, but it doesn't show for sure how much is a large audience and how much is a longer discussion. I think a poll is an excellent idea, we can't account for how much people enjoy certain shows off-site, too.
(01-11-2016, 01:25 AM)DuckHuntDog Wrote: You see, we really should wait until the finale is over. If questions are left unanswered then we CAN indeed discuss it for years to come, and Alex might give hints through his twitter every so often or something... Obviously I'm just rambling at this point but you know what I mean.
We won't add this until after a bit of cooldown time, since the events of the finale will probably be pretty major.
I know how much fun speculation is, and I would definitely want to keep it going in a case like that. We're not trying to remove or ruin any of the original purpose of this site, it will all still be here and held up as our start. We're just trying to allow for an expansion that can continue to allow new discussions and add to old ones.
Keeping: Dipper's Disposable Cameras, Floating Eyeballs
[Image: gXPmp.jpg]