The Official Politics Thread
I agree his lated war against the media is nothing short of terrifying but where'd you get that last part from?
the sentence after the article was from it

the bottom sentence was a joke
If Romance Academy 7 and Fight Fighters are video games that means there are multiple copies with multiple Rumbles and Giffanies

[Image: giffany_button_by_sparrowag17-d9k3kov.png]

Memes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhD7rdK7rJA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njbsOLFL3vs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG_JV5gU1LY
It's not a joke it's acurrate only blame it on the moo-slums and the Me-hee-cans

And all the dumb rednecks clap and that's why there will be another four years after 2020
Dear humanity,

I know it's been a while since we've had a good talk, even as a member of the collective. I must confess I've been avoiding you. It's just that I've lost a lot of faith over the years, 2016 especially. But seeing as I still am able to find it in myself to ask it of you I suppose I still do retain some small grain of faith.

So humanity, specifically America, for everyone's sake, I ask that you please, PLEASE don't re-elect Trump as president again.

For fucks sake

Sincerely,

BaronNumNums
Honestly, I don't think Trump would have gotten elected if almost anyone else other than Hilary was running against him.
Triangulum, entangulum.
Veneforis dominus ventium. Veneforis venetisarium.
[Image: weirdmageddon2_by_cuppycakekitty-d9kdjsm.png][Image: bill_cipher_fan_button_by_taffytamuttonf...8iduwp.png]
"We'll meet again... don't know where, don't know when...
but I know we'll meet again some sunny day..."
what are people's thoughts on police officers and police brutality?

my dad thinks it would be a good idea to assign on duty cameras to working police officers in order to reduce brutality and identify+address overly aggressive officers. i have mixed feelings on this because i don't think increasing the amount of distrust between civilians and police is a good solution, and i think constant surveillance would do that. but it could work out for the better too?
[Image: Eg3lWTv.png][Image: tumblr_mcy2clswjj1qesb9j_by_homestuck__f...699rlh.png]
not a ship
It could lead to just the opposite though, people may trust a policeman with a camera knowing they can't pull anything shady. Idk I'm pretty sure there's been a few departments who've tested them already which would lend insight into that so I'm gonna read up on that.
They won't re-elect Trump. They'll just vote for Kanye West when he runs in 2020.

As for the police brutality argument, it's a morally gray area. I don't think all police officers are this way, but with the way the media spins, trust in certain policemen who are actually good and decent people who wouldn't advocate for this type of violence against minorities or anyone else is steadily dwindling down. And of course every time a police brutality case happens, racial tensions get higher and the population gets divided more and more.

And now especially with Trump's rule, I'd wager things might take a turn for the worse. This is just my point of view from the outside, though.
“Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending.” ― C. JoyBell C.
hey at least Kanye isn't racist

i don't have any factual evidence to back this up, but i think it's likely that the majority of police officers are trustworthy. personally, i trust police officers. i am not afraid that i will be treated poorly by them. i don't know if it has to do with the area i'm in, and i'm sure part of it has to do with my race, but that's how it is for me.
i do live in a pretty racially diverse city (60.3% white people here according to a 2015 census) so i think that does influence how people around here, including police officers, view each other.

it's pretty certain that race-driven brutality is not as common as it used to be, and it's very good that the incidents that do occur gain high publicity (of course there are many that don't catch the public eye, but we are reporting and paying attention more than we used to, and that's a good thing) so that awareness can be raised. it's good that people are disgusted and upset by this behavior.
i don't think racial tension is getting worse, and i think these events could just as easily unite us as divide us. racial views between the current and upcoming adult generations are often super different, and overall increasingly progressive & tolerant. i'm not sure what's going to happen to racial tensions in the next 4 years but i'm sure that, if it's bad, we will be able to recover from it.
so as far as racial tensions go, i'm choosing to take the optimistic view--we have made steady progress over the years and i don't think any setbacks from this presidency will halt it. there's a huge amount of criticism from the media and from regular people and i think that says something about America's overall attitude towards progressivism -- a good thing, IMO.

anyway i kinda went off on a tangent but:
of course there is police brutality and taking action against it would be ideal. i dunno what the best action is, though. idk what results surveillance has had when put in place, though it isn't an inherently a bad idea. i dislike any solution that serves to perpetuate or validate mistrust, which i think surveillance could do, but Baron brought up a good point in that it also could improve trust. so idk lol
[Image: Eg3lWTv.png][Image: tumblr_mcy2clswjj1qesb9j_by_homestuck__f...699rlh.png]
not a ship
OK if Kanye West seriously runs for president it's pretty much the same thing another self righteous prick seeing how much power their retard followers will give them

And in that case I'll re elect Donald Trump if it comes down to both of them