Original Content Section
Photo 
I'd like to make a proposal for an OC section. Essentially an area for people to post personal projects and feedback on things that really can't count as Fan-Fiction. What would also be helpful is being able to ask questions relating to such projects like how to get exposure, set up websites, etc.

I know Doc has his A9 Project. Stanek is working on his own GF inspired work. Heck even MC has her Anytown. Currently these are scattered all over the place. Many, many people here have also mentioned wanting to get into animation, writing or illustration. I think it would be really helpful for them to get feedback outside pm's.

Maybe it seems like what we currently have is not enough, that's fine. This thread will be here in the meantime. If you have a personal project you believe would be appropriate then please mention it here. Otherwise feedback on what could be done for such projects and where they could go would also be appreciated.
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
any thoughts on possibly turning the current Fanart/music/fiction sections into more general, non-GF creative stuff? GF could still be posted of course, the focus would just be expanded to all kinds of creative content. this would make labelling the forum category as "Fandom" kinda inaccurate but maybe the Fandom Discussion would be moved to the GF category and the Fandom section would become the Creative section?

better/worse than adding a separate Original Content section alongside the Fandom section? any alternatives?
[Image: Eg3lWTv.png][Image: tumblr_mcy2clswjj1qesb9j_by_homestuck__f...699rlh.png]
not a ship
I've actually been thinking about this for a while now and it would really be a sweet idea. Maybe it could also encompass videos as well and we could merge the Fanmusic and Clips section with it.
“Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending.” ― C. JoyBell C.
[Image: Sig.gif]
(10-24-2016, 05:35 AM)Nefari Wrote: any thoughts on possibly turning the current Fanart/music/fiction sections into more general, non-GF creative stuff? GF could still be posted of course, the focus would just be expanded to all kinds of creative content. this would make labelling the forum category as "Fandom" kinda inaccurate but maybe the Fandom Discussion would be moved to the GF category and the Fandom section would become the Creative section?

better/worse than adding a separate Original Content section alongside the Fandom section? any alternatives?

The 9 Forum that I've been a part of has a separate section for 9 content and for content relating to other things, so that might work.
Triangulum, entangulum.
Veneforis dominus ventium. Veneforis venetisarium.
[Image: weirdmageddon2_by_cuppycakekitty-d9kdjsm.png][Image: bill_cipher_fan_button_by_taffytamuttonf...8iduwp.png]
"We'll meet again... don't know where, don't know when...
but I know we'll meet again some sunny day..."
So if applying that structure it'd more likely be within Butt Island?
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
I like this idea. (Sorry, I don't have much more to add)
Made by FunnyFany
[Image: latest?cb=20150502165211]
[Image: donkey_kong_fan_button__updated__by_requ...5h4w0c.png]
DK is coming to steal your bananas. And kick some ass. And steal more bananas.
(10-24-2016, 02:41 PM)JoyStar Wrote: The 9 Forum that I've been a part of has a separate section for 9 content and for content relating to other things, so that might work.

the biggest reasons I'm not fond of this are that (a) I think it would be too cluttered and (b) I expect there would be a huge imbalance of activity.

on (a): I'm assuming the new OC section would have 3 categories for art/writing/videos&music like the current FC section. If so that'd be 3 new boards, probably under a new Creative category, and together that would be a lot of space (personally i think the current number of boards and categories we have is ideal, and if a new section were to be added I'd like it to be for something that couldn't be merged with an existing section--but that's just me). We could just have one board for all non-GF creative work, but I prefer the idea of just merging them

on (b): the majority of new posts in the Fan Art section are non-GF, so diverting all of that into a new section would hurt the FA board. This isn't as big an issue with the writing and video/music boards, since the majority of new posts there are still GF-focused (though they are generally less active than FA).

IMO just turning the current fan content section into a catch-all creative section would be the simplest solution.
[Image: Eg3lWTv.png][Image: tumblr_mcy2clswjj1qesb9j_by_homestuck__f...699rlh.png]
not a ship
I just realised something, regardless of what we do we should totally rename 'Fandom' to 'Mabel Land'

I propose:

Mabel Land

Fandom Discussion
Fanart
Fanmusic & Clips
Fanfiction
Original/Non-fan Content

Otherwise I really don't mind turning it into a 'catch-all creative section', I just want there to be a place where people can post, get feedback and be motivated for their personal projects.
I fully agree with this. If we can have Butt Island, we can have Mabel Land. :3
“Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending.” ― C. JoyBell C.
[Image: Sig.gif]
Why not, i'm up for it.