The YouTube Problem thread
(09-23-2016, 03:27 PM)GravityFallsGirl Wrote:
(09-22-2016, 07:25 AM)daJoschi Wrote:

Content creators complain that it makes the whole mass flagging thing a game where you get rewards instead of google fixing the buggy Content-ID system.

This is just really stupid, to put it simply.

If this is YouTube's solution to moderate content, instead of hiring actual people to do it, well... I don't know what to say.
This will quickly turn into a way to bully smaller channels, and people will take advantage of it to take down videos that they don't enjoy, rather than ones that actually break rules. All these smaller channels are already getting hit with all these random copyright strikes, and now, underserved and random flagging of videos. Let's not forget that mass flagging is one of the 'perks' you'll unlock at level 3. How do you think that's going to go for small channels? YouTube does need at least a little bit of community moderation, but letting people go loose with a mass-flagging tool won't end in anything good.

(09-23-2016, 09:10 PM)Abia Wrote: 7k likes to 433k dislikes, comments disabled

beautiful

Agreed and agreed. It's pretty gross.
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
YouTube even altered details of the video to let it look "less stupid."

Example: "Report Negative Content" has been altered to "report inappropriate content accurately"
haha, see it's funny cause they're morons and they're royally fucking thousands of people over.
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
Honestly, giving everyone free reign over a mass-flagging tool is like the YouTube equivalent of giving a serial killer a bomb and not expecting anything bad to come out of it.

YouTube's really shot itself in the foot with this one.
[Image: tumblr_msneb3uvKx1qe8ujwo8_500.gif]
it shot itself in the foot, planted a bomb in the shot hole, and lit it's entire body on fire
If Romance Academy 7 and Fight Fighters are video games that means there are multiple copies with multiple Rumbles and Giffanies

[Image: giffany_button_by_sparrowag17-d9k3kov.png]

Memes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhD7rdK7rJA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njbsOLFL3vs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG_JV5gU1LY
Even that's an understatement.

I'm seriously questioning the mental functions of the people who run YouTube.
“Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending.” ― C. JoyBell C.
[Image: Sig.gif]
I'm probably a little but

YouTube Heros

What can possibly go wrong
[Image: tumblr_ogrf6il69w1uzzqefo1_1280.gif]
Youtube seems to have redone the site design now? I do actually like it, it looks a lot cleaner.
[Image: tumblr_msneb3uvKx1qe8ujwo8_500.gif]

Youtube rewind should've ended with 2013

THIS IS UTTER SHIT OH MY FUCK
[Image: giphy.gif.5c2bdf51b84233f603a1831b0981b614.gif]